Introductions

I have just recently started playing GW2 and am truly missing my old guild mates like shyfroggy, one2dredd, and tek7. I don't think she plays anymore but still I miss running around in a fantasy world with people who love God passionately!
Welcome back, Starr! How's it going? :)

I own GW2, but I'm waiting until I have a proper desk again before really getting back in to the game. GW2 just doesn't play that well 10 feet away from a 46" HDTV.

EDIT: I play with Legacy of Elijah on Sanctum of Rall.

Last edited:
I seem to have missed the boat here but it seems that I have not posted in here yet but my account still works. Anyways, my name is Brandon, I am 24 and currently married for 2 years now. I love to play many mmos but now that I work 70 hours a week I don't have as much time as I used to to play games. I love WoW, ESO, and many more. I also have a very large library of games as well that I would love to play but I just need the time. I have been a part of CGA for about 3+ years now in WoW in the guild The Forgiven yet I somehow had not made any posts on here. Looking forward to meeting and playing games with you all.

Blessings,
Brandon

I seem to have missed the boat here but it seems that I have not posted in here yet but my account still works. Anyways, my name is Brandon, I am 24 and currently married for 2 years now. I love to play many mmos but now that I work 70 hours a week I don't have as much time as I used to to play games. I love WoW, ESO, and many more. I also have a very large library of games as well that I would love to play but I just need the time. I have been a part of CGA for about 3+ years now in WoW in the guild The Forgiven yet I somehow had not made any posts on here. Looking forward to meeting and playing games with you all.

Blessings,
Brandon
Hi Brandon.
Looks like you posted in this forum in October of 2012: here
Welcome back!

Hello!

Hello! I'm new to the forum, and hoping to befriend some other believers who love gaming. My wife and I have four children, and live in a Middle Eastern country. I've been a believer in our Lord Jesus for 24 years, married for 23 years, and gaming for 30 years. I may be older than some of you... :D

I found the forum hoping to find information about Dragon Con 2014 in Atlanta. I am taking my kids and we are hoping to find somewhere to meet with other believers on Sunday morning. I'm not sure that Atlanta area Churches would welcome guests dressed as wizards and hobbits.

Is there a worship service at the convention?

Welcome Salahadin. If the convention has none try The Salvation Army, they usually don't care how you dress, just that you are there to meet God and other believers.

Hello everyone. My name is Matthew, I am from Washington DC. I was in a cult for four years of my life, and spent a year and a half as an athiest. But through the mercy of Lord Jesus Christ I have found myself back to letting Him into my heart as my Lord and Savior. I really want to connect with more people of my faith. My steam is pulse62. If anyone knows a teamspeak or vent server for Christian Gaming Alliance I would love to be there as well. Thank you.

Hi Matthew. Welcome to the forums! Our TS3 server address is cgalliance.org. No password. We have several channels. Hope to say hi to you sometime!

Hello! I'm new to the forum, and hoping to befriend some other believers who love gaming. My wife and I have four children, and live in a Middle Eastern country. I've been a believer in our Lord Jesus for 24 years, married for 23 years, and gaming for 30 years. I may be older than some of you... :D

I found the forum hoping to find information about Dragon Con 2014 in Atlanta. I am taking my kids and we are hoping to find somewhere to meet with other believers on Sunday morning. I'm not sure that Atlanta area Churches would welcome guests dressed as wizards and hobbits.

Is there a worship service at the convention?
Okay, so this is more of a guilty confession than a recommendation, but if I were to visit Atlanta, I would make every reasonable effort to visit Victory World Church. The reason that's a guilty confession is because I'd be going primarily for the worship service, which is now led by Montell Jordan, who was a hip hop/R&B artist on the Def Jam label in the mid-90s (when I listened to a LOT of hip hop and R&B, which might be a secondary guilty confession).

I know that's not the best motive for visiting a church, but I'm so amazed by Jordan's transformation that I'd like to see it live and in person.

(Side note: I want to make it abundantly clear that I am NOT advocating choosing a HOME church based solely on the worship. Sound biblical teaching must take precedence. But if I were in Atlanta for a weekend, I'd totally check out VWC.)

The church is large enough and advertises (I use the word in a positive way) that it's multicultural, so I would think if they're accepting of all believers of all ethnic backgrounds, they wouldn't take issues with fellow believers dressed up as fantasy characters.

Also, welcome to the forums! :)

I really want to connect with more people of my faith. My steam is pulse62.
Welcome to the forums!

I didn't find your profile in a Steam Community search. Would you mind posting a link to your Steam profile so I can add you to my Friends list?

Last edited:
Hello Everyone! I wanted to take a few minutes and introduce myself... My name is Michael and I just found this group yesterday. I have been playing MMOs for about 20 years now and I am looking for other Christians who do as well. I have played everything from EQ to ESO... but right now I am currently playing TU and SW:TOR. Anyone else out there playing these games?

On a side note: I am also currently starting a game development studio to create some of my own games. The first project I plan to tackle is a MMORPG. The games will be largely from a Christian perspective, but will allow players to make their own choices, and also reap the results of them, be it good or bad. Any other developers here?

Hello Everyone! I wanted to take a few minutes and introduce myself... My name is Michael and I just found this group yesterday. I have been playing MMOs for about 20 years now and I am looking for other Christians who do as well. I have played everything from EQ to ESO... but right now I am currently playing TU and SW:TOR. Anyone else out there playing these games?

SW:TOR clan here :) . Drawing a blank as to what "TU" is so can't help you there atm.

On a side note: I am also currently starting a game development studio to create some of my own games. The first project I plan to tackle is a MMORPG. The games will be largely from a Christian perspective, but will allow players to make their own choices, and also reap the results of them, be it good or bad. Any other developers here?

In my casual readings an MMORPG is said to be one of the most ponderous genres you can develop for. You may want to consider making a simpler genre first, maybe one that is a component of an MMORPG like a RPG, and work up to it. I've just seen a lot of people take on ginormous first projects and never finish them, start small and work up IMHO. Though if you are committed go for it! We need good Christian games!

Also we have an rarely used forum for game developers here.

...and I while I don't really visit it I know of a site specifically for Christian game developers here.

Have fun and welcome to our forums :) .

Last edited:

Thanks to Gerbil you have the link for our SWToR guild. We're on Bergeren Colony, look forward to seeing you in game.

Thank you for the warm welcome and the rundown on what you all have to offer here:) Looks like you have plenty of things going on around here.

As for making a MMORPG, I know what you mean... Most people set out to make something expecting it to be quick and easy.. and when it doesn't work out like they thought it would, they give up. I have no delusions about how quick or easy the process is going to be.. Like the Lord has instructed us, I have counted the costs of what it is I am setting in motion. I know that it will take a group of people to make it happen. So, for now I continue on with life as usual until I find the right group of people to help me make it happen. This is more of a journey for me than a destination, if you understand what I mean, lol.

Kahiel,
I will have to figure out what server my character is currently on.. will check later today and maybe try to make contact in game:)

Thanks to Gerbil you have the link for our SWToR guild. We're on Bergeren Colony, look forward to seeing you in game.

Well, all my mains are on Jung Ma, but I did start new Jedi on Bergeren Colony. His name is Alexandryn... I will keep my eyes out for you whenever I am on...

I too am knew to this site. I get sick of playing with selfish people and people who are in a hurry and inconsiderate of others and am looking for like minded people to join my guild in Mok na thol-aliance, central time zone, called "Christ in us"

hi I am looking for a true Christian Guild to play world of warcraft online with. Most of my toons are on Mok na thol-aliance, or dentarg-horde, though I'm open to switching realms if I meet the right people. I own guilds on each of these realms as well and welcome new Christ minded individuals who are not in a hurry, love to visit and have clean fun. Moknathol guild is "Christ in us" and Dentarg is "fruits of the spirit". Central time zone

Gday Gamers

This is my first post. I'm a serious gamer and a christian . I mostly play survival games like Dwarf Fortress, Terraia and SurvivalCraft. I've been playing video games since 1978 (Space Invaders) and been a christian from 1985. So you could say I have an 'old school' appreciation of games and the gospel.

God bless and good gaming!

Back