Guild Wars 2 Info Released!!!!

Couple things:

1st, Some buzz going around about an August 11th reveal. (not sure what exactly)

2nd, The Sylvari re-skin reveal will come before Gamescom (Aug. 17th)

Seems to me they may be the same thing, but if not that would mean a ton of news packed into a short period of time. :)

3rd, WvW PvP; matches last 2 weeks and seem to be unlimited in size. Technically there will be events in this type of PvP (gigantic-small and everything in between)

4th, GW2 is 3D AND multi-monitor compatible (not sure what thats technically called), but I'm pumped about it. :D

Comic Con Panel (2011)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyYe1JKdrdI

Comic Con Interview (2011)
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/6834710/comic_con_2011_guild_wars_2_exclusive_new_class_interview/

Last edited:
Sylvari re-skin? What is this "re-skin" of which you speak?

They wern't happy with how the Sylvari looked. I think they said side by side with the other races they looked out of place in GW2.

So they went back to the drawing board and started building them from the ground up. They mentioned that the re-skin should make the "make them look like trees" and the "make them look like elves" crowds both pretty happy.

Personally, I'm super pumped about seeing how they are going to look. :)

oh.

I was superpumped about how they were looking already, but I could see the complaint that in armor and everything they just looked small. I heard her say that some people wanted more like ents and some people wanted more like elves, and they're trying to make both groups happy. I could get down with that.

Thanks a LOT, Elhanan! Now there's something ELSE I'm waiting for!

I was happy too with the way they looked. They had better hit one out of the park on the reskin at this late date. Having already released a book with one on the cover, and descriptions in print, this had better be very, very, very good, with at least some explanation on the transformation. If they look more like ents, then a flame throwing engineer Sylvari could be even more interesting.

I apologize in advance.. but I did just watch Lord of the Rings so I must say..

"Tree?! I am no tree! I am an Ent.."

I was happy too with the way they looked. They had better hit one out of the park on the reskin at this late date. Having already released a book with one on the cover, and descriptions in print, this had better be very, very, very good, with at least some explanation on the transformation. If they look more like ents, then a flame throwing engineer Sylvari could be even more interesting.

My thoughts as well ursen.

I wasn't a big fan of the old skin. I thought they looked too feminine in the same way the Charr looked too masculine. They did a great job making a female Charr still look like she was part of a warrior feline race while remaining feminine, and I hope they can make the male Sylvari still look like he is a part of a young elegant race while remaining masculine.

Heck I think making the Sylvari asexual may be a good idea too. It may solve the problem mentioned above. Definitely would be something unique to their race.

Heck I think making the Sylvari asexual may be a good idea too. It may solve the problem mentioned above. Definitely would be something unique to their race.

If you were dropped from a tree what would be the use of 2 sexes? Then again there is the whole pistil, stamen and pollen thing going on in a normal plant. How would you explain the whole birds and bees thing then? Elhanan you are just trying to create headaches methinks.:p

If you were dropped from a tree what would be the use of 2 sexes? Then again there is the whole pistil, stamen and pollen thing going on in a normal plant. How would you explain the whole birds and bees thing then? Elhanan you are just trying to create headaches methinks.:p

Simple,

Birds & Bees = Pets... lol

Seriously though, when I first heard of the Sylvari, my first thought went straight to the wardens in GW1.

%22Warden%22_concept_art_1.jpg

http://www.arena.net/blog/get-ready-for-gamescom

At Gamecom:
  • PvP
  • 7 professions (sorry no reveal of the 8th)
  • Charr starter area
  • Mid-level Orrian area
  • Sylvari and Asura playable characters
  • and the thing I'm looking forward to the most, character customization system.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the character customization system and pvp. If the game is still a way off I would love to see a downloadable demo. Maybe just one area for each race.

Last edited:
According to the Comic Con Interviews, GW 2 Currently has about 1,500 Dynamic quests built in and they have not even given a release date yet.

My feeling are there will be many more dynamic quests built in before release. Looking forward to this portion of the game.

According to the Comic Con Interviews, GW 2 Currently has about 1,500 Dynamic quests built in and they have not even given a release date yet.

My feeling are there will be many more dynamic quests built in before release. Looking forward to this portion of the game.

I hope so, though 1,500 sounds like a lot to me. If anything I'm sure they will keep adding them over time too. :)

Yep, and those were not dynamic. Ie the fact that each of those 1,500 quests will have multipul sections of stuff to be done. Making a single quest equal to what other games do in the chains. SO you will really have more quests then 1,500 if you figure in the stages of each dynamic quest. Very Impressed with what they are doing.... I watched 3 hours of videos tonight and I could watch them all again....

1 thing I noticed on one of the Ranger skills videos the surpent strike one, the pet that the ranger has looks like a big Blood hound or something. He has a Dog as a pet it looks like and that was sweet!

Anyways sorry been really impressed and getting really excited :)

Back