You're not a true believer unless you can...

Ugh, don't try your screwed up logic on me.

Show me where it says that these gifts are given based on strength of belief!

Not once have you been able to back up anything you've said with scripture.

IT ISNT BASED ON STRENGH OF BELIEF! where are you getting this from?

Not once have you understood anything I have said.

I haven't understood anything you've said because I doubt YOU understand it.

It's a little thing called analytical thinking.

You said, "We all have differnt gifts. My dad and pastor can speak tongues but I cannot. However In heaven Iw ill be able to and maybe later in my life I will be able to to."

The verse that I have repeated over and over does not state that some gifts will be given to some believers. It states that all believers will be able to use those gifts. Where in the Bible does it say that you will be able to speak in tongues in heaven, and why would it be necessary? I want to see scriptural references for these things that you keep saying.

If these gifts are not based on belief, then what are they based on?

Later... doesnt mean when I am stronger in the faith it means later in time...

We all acn use these gifts that you speak of, but not immediately and not by our own will, by Gods will we do these things.

They are based on if God wills them to be, we have no control over them.

All I am asking you for is a scriptural reference for this.

How did you come by this notion? There are obviously rules that you are speaking of, where are they listed?

You said, "Later... doesnt mean when I am stronger in the faith it means later in time...

We all acn use these gifts that you speak of, but not immediately and not by our own will, by Gods will we do these things.

They are based on if God wills them to be, we have no control over them."

Obviously you believe this. What I am trying to determine is what got you to that point. What scriptural reference led you to this belief?

The part you said where God says we all have them. And I know that my dad didnt used to pray in tongues but now he does.

Let me repeat...

What I am trying to determine is what got you to that point. What scriptural reference led you to this belief?

15 Then He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to the whole creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: In My name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new languages; 18 they will pick up snakes; if they should drink anything deadly, it will never harm them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will get well."

I just wanted to add two more verses in keeping with this thread:

Matthew 17:20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

John 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I just wanted to add two more verses in keeping with this thread:

Matthew 17:20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

John 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Ummm, why? What are you trying to tie together?

and question...
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]OK, it there is no God, who changes the water?
-One goldfish to another

is it supposed to be it there is.... or if there is.....?

I added those verses because if a believer has faith, as that of a mustard seed, shouldn't he be able to move a mountain?  Not only that, but he should be able to recreate Christ's miracles AND greater ones.

That ties in with my opening post about believers having gifts from God.

Crap, thanks for catching the typo, the font is small and the t looked like an f
smile.gif

How is moving a mountain testing God?

No offense, but that sounds like a copout.  Christ said you could do all these things through him, but, oh yeah, there's a catch, don't test God.  Doesn't that make every miracle or use of a gift a test of God?

So you're telling me you can't heal your mother when she is death is on your deathbed because it would test God?

Sorry Lion, but that excuse is just that, an excuse.

Back