You're not a true believer unless you can...

Don't get me started on Lucifer Marcy
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LionOfJudah @ Oct. 27 2004,9:27)]the best version like i said is that truest to the MSS that we have, which really is the New American Standard, as it is the most LITERAL translation, while the NIV is pretty accruate too they do some interpurtting.

For me its like reading one book for a science report, i know most of the books i read will say the same thing but they may emphasize other aspects, or certian parts more than others.

If you wanted to have some real fun you could learn the konea greek which was the common greek language (spoken/written compared to formal greek) and just read the greek NT and the septuigent
tounge.gif
Then why not make ONE, TRUE translation?

Why can't there be ONE bible?

lol Just my thoughts, and I know, I don't EVEN get a penny if I wasn't asked:)

I love the KJV, personally. I haven't memorized it's history, but as a new Christian it made sense to me and that is what I personally chose. When I choose a church, I want the KJV to be the only Book. However, unfortunately, hardly any of the current day authors or Christian lady teachers I admire use only KJV.

I would love to know both Greek and Hebrew! What little research I do, really makes the Bible come to life. Same with an old Websters, today's English language is watered down. Therefore, looking at the older English addition is enlightening. What's even better, he was a KJV man that included verses in his definitions!

http://65.66.134.201/cgi-bin....eb1828=

Pretty cool when a dictionary works as a sword!

Well what good is the KJV if the translation is off? What good is ANY translation if it's wrong in some areas.

And how can it be the INERRANT WORD OF GOD if the translation isn't perfect? Obviously EVERY translation can't be inerrant if you find problems in every one.

Hey, talk to LoJ, he's the one that doesn't like it.

Here's some stuff I found:

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] So what is wrong with the good old King James Version? It probably is the most beautiful, elegant, literary English translation that will ever be produced. In fact, it contributed a great deal to the formation of the English language. Modern translations usually lack the poetry of the King James because modern biblical scholars are more scientists than artists.

Nevertheless, there are two major problems with the King James Version. First of all, when it was translated in 1611, there were relatively few Hebrew and Greek manuscripts available and they tended to be recent and less accurate. In the nearly 400 years since then literally thousands more manuscripts have been discovered, ranging from small portions to complete copies of the Old or New Testaments. Many of these are very early and more accurate.

Secondly, the English in the King James Version is not at all the same language spoken today. Both the vocabulary and grammar have changed considerably. As a result, a reader often must retranslate the King James into modern English in his or her mind. For many people, especially children, reading the King James Version is like reading a foreign language.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The King James Version (KJV) and New King James Version (NKJV) are very good translations, though occasionally the meanings of its words have changed in 400 years, and so the KJV can be misleading. The KJV also includes some words, verses, and passages that were apparently added by scribes as they copied the texts, and these may not belong in the Bible (depending on your doctrine of Scripture). An example is Mark 16:9-20. But I think evangelicals have been too quick to reject the KJV, which has a poise and grace that no subsequent translation has been able to capture. I have been coming back to this version (and lately the KJV has even become rather hip in secular and literary circles!).

I need another favor, D.V., then I owe you big time! I say the sky is blue...I KNOW you can find something to refute that belief!
laugh.gif

Link, please sir?

Can you save us some time and tell us what his thoughts are on the KJV?

How do you feel about this thing called "KJV Onliness"?

lol Lovely!  You are going to start this then not even have my back!  KJV is sadly in the minority, granted.  As a new Christian, I was taught things far above my head explaining the Why's for the KJV.  The blood being omitted from some versions kept my attention as well as the fact that the KJV is the only version not copyrighted by man.  It was ordered destroyed, and still stands. The language to me is beautiful, and as it's opponents would argue, hard to understand.  The Bible tells us to meditate on Scripture, it really is not hard to understand.  In addition, it touches my heart that the men who translated it were so humbled at such a project, they would stop and wash their hands before writing God, Father, Holy Spirit, Jesus, Son, or any names for Him.  Lastly, the Word tells us that it is settled in Heaven forever.  I believe my God got the Book to me just as He meant for the Gentiles to have it.

Basically, Jewell Smith teaches of the years the KJV has been around.  It was translated in 1611. All other English versions are spin-offs and tend to be more, and more watered down as the years progress.  He speaks of the martyrs because of the KJV, first and foremost, those who did the translation to the English language and their familles.  

Sheesh! The study has been years ago, D.V.!  lol I guess this is the LORD's way of telling me it is time to reinforce my belief!  I felt strongly about the things that I heard and simply made a logical decision based on the facts at that time and have stuck with my belief.  lol Until now, I have personally never had to defend it.  (yeah, thanks, I love you, too)!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
Since the beginning, Satan in the garden of Eden attempted to twist the Word of God. In the past, he burned Bibles and tortured people who owned one and in some countries, he still does.

Do you think the devil has changed his plans?

Has he given up in the free world? If the devil cannot burn the Bibles, what is his plan? He corrupts, twists and changes key verses and omits certain passages in these new translations right under the nose of the Christian community. Burning the Bible or omitting verses from it...same thing. The end result is the same.

If you cannot see that something is wrong with the picture, then take a look at this:

Words completely omitted in the Newer Versions:
This is just a taste of what has been omitted. There are so many more examples that I have not posted online.

Matt. 6:13, "For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen."
Matt. 7:21. Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.
Matt. 15:8, "This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth"
Matt. 18:11. For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.
Mark 15:28. And the scripture was fulfilled, which saith, And he was numbered
with the transgressors.
I John 4:3, "Christ is come in the flesh"
I John 5:13, "and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God"
Rev. 1:11, "I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last"

NOW LET'S LOOK AT JUST A FEW VERSES IN THE DIFFERENT VERSIONS:

I John 5:7 reads as follows:
NIV- For there are three that testify:
NASV- And it is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is the truth.
NWT- For there are three witness bearers,
KJV- For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father,
the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

The verse in the KJV completely coincides with Jesus saying;
"I and the Father are one."

And Genesis chapter 1, as well as so many places in the Old Testament
that refer to God as being three persons. To delete this verse is so dangerous
because you alter the meaning and three that bear record in heaven is VERY
important. Some scholars might say;  "we leave it out because it is not found
in the original manuscript."  Well, I would much rather leave it in than take it
out. It coincides with all of Scripture. To change the Trinity is to delete God's
essence of who He is. God said in Genesis; "Let us make man in our image."
=======================================================
Isaiah 14:12:

NIV- How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star ...
KJV- How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!
how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

In this NIV passage, "Lucifer" has been changed to "Morning Star".
This is so frightening because the Bible defines the Morning Star as Jesus Christ.

Revelation 22:16 says:
I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches.
I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

=======================================================
2 Cor. 2:17:
KJV- "For we not as many which CORRUPT the word of God"
NIV, NASV, NRSV, RSV- "For we are not, as so many, PEDDLING the
word of God"

PEDDLING?
rock.gif
? COULD THEY SOFTEN THE VERSE MORE?
CORRUPT MEANS JUST WHAT IT SAYS SO WHY CHANGE IT?

-=======================================================
Mark 10:24 :
NIV- Jesus said again, Children, how hard it is to enter the kingdom of God! Verse Ends
KJV - Jesus answered again, and saith unto them, Children, how hard is it
for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God!

Hmmmm.....do you smell a rat in the NIV? I sure hope so. If you cannot, then you better pray to the Lord for discernment. OMITTING THIS PART OF THE VERSE IS VERY DANGEROUS BECAUSE BY OMITTING IT, THE READER DOES NOT GET THE WHOLE THOUGHT OF WHAT JESUS WAS SAYING.
=========================================================
Acts 3:13:
NASV- The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Servant Jesus

KJV- The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers,
hath glorified his Son Jesus;

There is a HUGE DIFFERENCE in meaning. Son means a son, a servant is a servant.
=========================================================
Romans 14:10b&12
NASV- ...For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of God. 12 So then each one of us shall give account of himself to God.
KJV- ...for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. 12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

Jesus has been given the authority to judge. The Judgement Seat of Christ is different than the White Throne Judgement but you would not know this by reading the NASV.
==========================================================
Daniel 3:25
NIV- He said, "Look! I see four men walking around in the fire, unbound and unharmed, and the fourth looks like a son of the gods."
KJV- He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of
the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.
---Henry M. Morris

http://www.holybible.com/resources/KJV_defenders/KJV-Logsdon.htm

This link is from S. Frank Logsdon.  He helped translate the NAV and wishes now that he had not taken part in that endeavor.

I hate to see this thread die
sad.gif
  Granted, half of them' wiener guys as far as postings go, and 2/3's in views!  However, we did in a couple of months what it took them almost nine months to do!  I do believe we said more, too
smile.gif
(no offense, guys!)

Wonder if Gen would allow us to continue with this same essence of an idea...what do true believer's do?  Those who are looking for Him to say, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant!"

Back