You're not a true believer unless you can...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dark Virtue @ Oct. 27 2004,8:59)]Especially since God isn't above deluding people.  (2 Thess. 2: 7-12)
*sigh* All those verses do bear reading.  

Have you ever been head over heels in love?  So much so you could not see straight?  You bend over backwards, you woo, you pursue.  Your heart simply wants to give the sun, moon, and stars.  What's yours is hers/his.  God is not willing that any should perish.  (That is probably why our days here on earth are lengthened, just waiting on the stubborn ones!)  I think He explains Himself.  He is not evil, and it is my guess that you would have to reject Him many times over for Him to render you delusional.  (what kind of vodka?  lol sorry, had to be the first to use it!  I am surprised you have a habit of one of my favorite preachers in all the world!  Spurgeon!  I do not see cigar smokers very often).  He will consistently woo like the Greatest Lover we have ever known.

In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
I Corinthians 15:52

And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Luke 21:27

If He is not in the cloud with a trumpet, (return after next He will be the one with the white horse with an army behind Him coming from the cloud), it ain't Him!  Even the most delusional could not possibly miss knowing that it is Him!  As usual, He makes it plain, simple, cut and dried!

The one's who do miss it will be the ones in love with the signs and miracles.  Those who are waiting for His name imprinted on the moon!
love ya' lots  
biggrin.gif

I do not know if he somuch created evil, as proclaimed his will and there were those who did not follow it hence the "creation" of good and evil

His Will = Good
Not His Will Bad= Evil

I was reading about a certain nobleman in John 4: 46 - 54. It made me think of you. It is my prayer that He will reveal Himself to you through His goodness. Funny, this is about a man in Cana where the water was turned to wine...then today, a talk of wine
smile.gif
lol I take these things as signs!

Evil, time to study again...

I am thrilled that your vodka has no impurities! lol crazy thang

I would think the LORD created evil and it had to do something with free will. Somehow it was necessary and not intended for evil towards us. Once again, time to see what Scripture says.

569 verses! Yikes, thought I would be seeing you tomorrow. Genesis, it was the tree of knowledge of good and evil. We were not supposed to eat of it! wonder if HE says why...569 verses may reveal just that
biggrin.gif

context is king DV.

God here is talking specificly about a literal Light and darkness, also the translations i have looked at say Disaster, not evil.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] Although it is said in Genesis that the light is good, there is no suggestion that the darkness is evil, for it too has its function (cf. Ps 104:19-24). The words shalom (GK H8934) and rah (GK H8273), rendered "prosperity" and "disaster," are, literally, "peace" and "evil" (cf. Am 3:6). So the God who created darkness, which is not itself evil--though it is sometimes used to symbolize it--and who brings disaster as a punishment for sin, is supreme over all
NIV Study Commenatry from Zondervan

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] Isa 45:7 I am the one who creates the light and makes the darkness. I am the one who sends good times and bad times. I, the LORD, am the one who does these things
New Living Translation.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] Isa 45:7 I form light and create darkness,
I make weal and create woe;
I the LORD do all these things.
New Revised Version

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] Isa 45:7 I form the light and create darkness,
I bring prosperity and create disaster;
I, the LORD, do all these things
New International Version.

@LoJ

I went to the source on this one and used the KJV, since most feel it is the only one that was truly, divinely inspired.

The Hebrew word is ra`, which can mean ethical evil just as easily as it can mean calamity.

As you quoted above, the word is, literally, evil.

I never thought of light and darkness as good and evil, I always took it to mean physical light and physical darkness. Now, read in context, if darkness is the opposite of light, then the opposite of good would be evil.

I don't see how it is taken out of context. Seems clear cut to me.

i dont take the KJV to be the most accurate and anyone that does i think is in error, KJV was based off incomplete MSS while the NASB or NIV (even though its not as literal as a NASB) are more accurate. as far as it meaning an ethical i did my own study on it, and i came to the conclusion because of the various texts, two commentaries and my own word study that it would mean diaster instead of evil, i personally feel that evil is a bad translation here, because the first half is talking about prosperity,"good" times, an overy flow of abundance, then you take the word ra' in that context and it would point more to a diaster and maybe "falling" on a harder time, instead of evil, but that is just what the text says IMO, then again what do i know
blues.gif

not with you :p j/k

it just comes down to me what is the most logical and reliable translation. i dont always take my own studies that is why i have a $400 Bible program that has multiple translations and commentaries/ dictionaries, and Lexicons (Greek/Hebrew) plus a few actual bound Concordances.

*the bible software came off ebay for like 50 bucks ^_^ Ebay rocks i think we can concure on that one and drinking
wink.gif

So does God expect everyone to have $400 bible programs to accurately understand the Bible? Or to study His word with 12 different translations?

And you STILL expect me to believe God is not the author of Confusion?

KJV is very much in the minority. I do get bothered by the fact that versions do not all agree on each issue, so for me, it does seem to be pick and choose for those who do not stand on the KJV! We KNOW the name of the author of confusion! If he can destroy or cast doubt on the Book, half his battle is won!

I was researching evil. I think it existed because of Lucifer, and it seems it is simply a free choice. Deuteronomy 30: 11- 20.

the best version like i said is that truest to the MSS that we have, which really is the New American Standard, as it is the most LITERAL translation, while the NIV is pretty accruate too they do some interpurtting.

For me its like reading one book for a science report, i know most of the books i read will say the same thing but they may emphasize other aspects, or certian parts more than others.

If you wanted to have some real fun you could learn the konea greek which was the common greek language (spoken/written compared to formal greek) and just read the greek NT and the septuigent
tounge.gif

Back