Wolfenstein ET

i can be the field op my 2nd day played i got a 9/10 from like the number one rated clan for RTCW ET

It seems we have a lot of ppl with natural skill at this game.. We so should get a team going.

grr....every server i've been on has been loaded with tk'ers, n00b-hostile, or just plain filled with morons

if you guys know of any servers that are good to learn the game on, let me know and i'll play...otherwise this game goes in the recycle bin lol

I dunno i just go with what pings the lowest. Most servers have been ok but you always run into n00bs. Its cos the game is new.

It gets so annoying when someone puts a complaint against you cos they stepped on your landmine.. o_O.. dumb

a while ago i was playing on the axis side, becoming rather fond of the garand (for some reason i stick with the garand in ever ww2 game i play o_O) when the guy with the most xp on my team put up a kick vote on me because: "you have no idea what you're doing"

i wanted to curse at him so badly...i thought i was doing pretty well too

/me searches his 19.4GB archive for Wolf: ET

/me reinstalls Wolf: ET

Now. Where do we play?
biggrin.gif

Yeh the main problem is that in the chaos there is so much misinformation. People casting votes and complaints for all the wrong reasons.

When i play i never complain against a TK unless its like the third time they gunned me down when i was healing them..lol

But if you get on a server with some half decent guys it can become a really good game. We played the beach level as axis and i was the medic, basically keeping the whole team alive on the ridge. They eventually took us back to the bunker but we held the side door and it was a truely rewarding experience.. Plus i went to full stats and ruled our team..hehe

i use the filters IN game to filter out any server with FF on, and i usually can be found on Kod, lately they have been like spiking badly though
sad.gif

Kod

Ok, I finally found a decent server to play on! I can't remember the name or IP but the guys in there helped me out a bit. I broke out my medic skillz and kept our team alive, and I racked up some mad xp pretty quick.

I'm surprised I haven't seen you on that server Joelius, I too play on the ET shrub server whenever I play. It gets really nuts on the smaller maps. My favorite one is the one with the tank and the mountain and the fuel depot. Even that big map gets really spammy sometimes.

Natural Selection is fun as well.
Wonder if we could turn our ToJ server over to natural selection for a few days, see how that works out? I haven't seen much action in there lately.

I'd be interested in joining a chapter. Or even just playing on some servers y'all guys are playing on. Mostly I just join the server with the best ping. PlanetWolfenstein.com and SoylentOrange were two pretty good servers.

I was playing last night to relax after a long road trip. One of the highlights was when I was a Allied CovertOps on the Radar level. I just finished gunning down one of the enemy and ran to put on his suit. In the gunfight I'd lost almost all my health (there was nothing left of the bar). I spotted a couple mines around the radar and then went to the other side and found a guy with his back to me watching the road so I knifed him and took his suit. I didn't want to take the radar parts with hardly any health and there weren't any teammates around so I decided to go pick up some health at the enemy base. No one was around and I was half filled up with health when their reinforcements arrived. There were five of them and I froze to see what they would do. Three came up to the ammo and health racks and just stood there and the rest started coming over. Thinking quickly, I whipped out a grenade, deposited it on the floor, and ran out of the building. It got at least two, maybe three as I ran around the back of the building and entered in the back door. I mowed down the remaining guys with my sten gun and was stealing a suit when more reinforcements arrived. The first two guys ran right past me even though I didn't have the suit on yet. I finished getting the suit on, but the other three guys knew and I didn't have a chance; they diced me before I could take the three steps to the door.
wow.gif

The other highlight of last night was when I was a Allied engineer playing the Train-mortar map (one of my faves). The whole time I had been planting mines near the lowered track switch. It worked well and I got plenty of kills that way (except when my buddies would run over them
mad.gif
). I decided to go for something different. When the train pulled up I killed the Nazi aboard and hopped in. Pulling out some dynamite, I soon had it armed and I rode the train down a bit before hopping off after the coal bins. I then engaged a couple guys in lopsided firefight and came out with the short straw. No matter though, I accomplished my objective. While waiting to be respawned I watched through the eyes of my teammate waiting around the corner of the track. Having never encountered something like this before, they didn't quite know what to do. After a little while an Axis guy by name of Sgt. Guts and Muscles or something along those lines, jumped aboard. The train was just rounding the bend when my handiwork blew up! It was hiliarious and was like it had been scripted.

Err, does Wolf: ET have a Win32 standalone server I can download? I can't seem to find one. I want to try running a server from my spare 1GHz machine...

-ty for the patch link Q

-correction 1800+, and an unstable connection

-i feel like im spamming my own topic
tounge.gif

I checked the system requirements for a server, and my secondary machine (and cable connection) will not be sufficient. >_< Bummer.

From the ET Server Setup Help:
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
There are two types of servers you can create to run Enemy Territory: Listen servers and Dedicated servers. Listen servers allow you to play the game and host it at the same time, while Dedicated servers only host the game. Dedicated servers use fewer resources than Listen servers, and are therefore more stable to play on. Listen servers work well if you’re playing on a LAN.

To run a Dedicated server, we suggest you have at least:

- Intel® Pentium® IV 1.3ghz processor or equivalent
ET needs about 30 MHz dedicated to the ET process per player slot.  Here is a table with suggested server speeds based upon maximum client settings.

o For a 32 player dedicated server, ET will need 1ghz.
o For a 16 player dedicated server, ET will need 500mhz.
o For an 8 player dedicated server, ET will need 250mhz.

- 128 MB RAM
This assumes no other applications are running in the background.  If other server applications are running, you should expect to need more system RAM.

- Excellent connection to the Internet or LAN.  We strongly recommend T1 connection speed.  
Servers on Cable or DSL connections should limit their games to only to 2-4 players (depending on upstream).

Back