Wolfenstein ET

Joelius

I was just wondering who in ToJ has played Wolfenstein ET. For those of you who havent played it yet... It is a totally free download and has free online play. (no cd keys!) Anyone who is a fan of CS and/or Battlefield would be likely to enjoy this game, as it is a first person shooter.

It is availible for dl here:
Wolfenstein ET

Also...would there be any interest in starting a chapter for this game? If so I would be willing to help out.
If not, enjoy the free game!!!

ok that wasnt a direct link like i thought...just click on enemy territory at the top
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Joelius @ July 17 2003,11:54)]Also...would there be any interest in starting a chapter for this game? If so I would be willing to help out.
The same questions apply to all potential Tribe of Judah chapters:

(1) Is there enough interest in the game? I usually check this by searching for articles citing number of copies sold or Gamespy Stats. Considering Wolf:ET is the third most popular game for Gamespy Arcade and Gamespy 3D users (I'm assuming that's what those statistics mean), then I'd say there's sufficient interest.

(2) Is there any objectionable content that would prevent us from forming a chapter based on the game? I've played a few rounds of Wolf:ET myself, and there doesn't seem to be anything worse than the violence in Counter-Strike.

(3) Do we have motivated staff members ready to help this chapter take off? Ah. The trickiest question of all. If anyone's interested in serving as a staff member for a Wolf: ET chapter, please e-mail Rizz at rizz@toj.cc and let him know you want to help out.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MaxX @ July 22 2003,9:19)]Does ET work with the retail version?
Enemy Territory is an entirely free, stand-alone game. There's no need to purchase Return to Castle Wolfenstein to play.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MaxX @ July 23 2003,9:22)]I already have it, I'm asking if I can play with you guys using my retail version.
Nope. Still gotta download Enemy Territory since it's standalone. As far as I know (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong), RtcW and Wolf:ET are not compatible.

Nope, not compatible. ET has a number of new features not in RTCW (not to mention it was developed by a different company). It is a fun game
smile.gif

Ok Im pretty sure I would like to lead the chapter, however Tek's points 1 and 3 are vital, and I'd like to make sure there is enough interest.

Therefore if anyone is interested in a Wolfenstein ET chapter (either just playing, and/or helping the chapter. ex. being a co-leader) please post here!!!

-Also, if anyone knows any good servers to play on feel free to post them here as well

thx and God Bless

smile.gif

Cool...another game I can play under linux. I've already got americas army...this'll make another good addition to my small library of penguin-compliant games.

Ive been playing it for a few days. Its not bad, but I dont think its something i will play long term. The maps are done well but it's just to much like RTCW.

I've never actually played RtCW ever. What's bad about it being too much like RtCW? Is the main game not very good?

It was a great singleplayer game, but I didnt think the multiplayer side was good enough.

They never got new maps that became widely played and the game-play was a bit slower then CS and the like.

Just my opinion..

Personally I think gameplay in ET is quite fast-paced because you can respawn before your team dies, unlike cs

Hi joelius...I could help you with ET.
It has replaced CS for me. I find the fact that the maps are continous (i.e. respawns a la DoD) is more fun then a restart every map. I also like how you have more abilities that take different playstyles to win the map. Sure, it may not have as many maps as CS but they are large, quality maps. Email me at Ragnarok3122@aol.com or catch me on AIM.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Joelius @ July 26 2003,11:13)]Ok Im pretty sure I would like to lead the chapter, however Tek's points 1 and 3 are vital, and I'd like to make sure there is enough interest.

Therefore if anyone is interested in a Wolfenstein ET chapter (either just playing, and/or helping the chapter. ex. being a co-leader) please post here!!!

-Also, if anyone knows any good servers to play on feel free to post them here as well

thx and God Bless

smile.gif
E-mail me if/when you gather enough staff to make a Wolf: ET chapter a go. E-mail is tek7 AT toj DOT cc

-Yea, if were going to start a chapter, it wouldnt hurt to have a good server to play on

-ty Cresh, if anyone else wants to help out, this is the place to say so!

Back