Wise up.

S

SAGAN

It's one thing to have blind faith in God. But you refuse to play games with "satanic" symbols? Why? Do you think you will turn "evil" if you play agame with "satanic" symbols? Dont you have enough faith in "God" who will protect you from evil?
You also say that the Pentagram is "evil". How do you justify that? do you even know what the pentragram is?
Funny how you call Witchcraft "evil", seeing that "Witches" are Wiccan. You think everything that isn't Christian, must be evil. You say that without even researching it. Wiccan's are not "evil", they are totally non violent, they are passive, but they use "magic". Show me where in the bible that Jesus said magic was evil, even good magic, show me please.

I also hear, and read, that Christian's believe Buddhist's are evil. Yet, Buddhists are the most compassionate, non-violent, and most loving people in the world, but they are evil? and will goto hell? why?
Buddhism has even been around longer than Christianity has, almost 450 years longer. And thats a world known fact, and also a fact that Jesus studied so many types of religeon, including Buddhism. I recommend you read some books that compare Buddhism to Christianity, you will see that Jesus said the same things that Buddha did, just worded different.

Why if someone dedicates their whole life to loving others, and being compassionate to others, goto hell just because they are not Christian? Makes no sence to me.

Is it because God judges them? you say God judges people, thats an insult to him. You believe both that of which God judges, but also that of which he dosen't. But you accuse him of judging people. Contradiction.
Why would Jesus or God punish everyone that is not Christian? Jesus wasn't even Christian, he was Jewish.

wow, this seems like one of the poorest arguments I've ever seen. After reading this, I'm going to assume at least one of two things...

1) You are here just trying to stir up an argument.

and/or

2) You are completely very uninformed of the topic you're trying to argue.

The purpose of not playing games with "satanic symbols" is simply a personal choice by some people.

As for witchcraft or magic in the bible,

"You shall not eat any flesh with the blood in it. You shall not practice augury or witchcraft." Leviticus 19:26

There's plenty of other versus, but I don't have time to look them all up. You can read in the book of Acts about a former magician named Simon though.

As far as things being evil, I wouldn't call Buddists evil. I'd call them mislead. God gives everyone a pleanty of chances to accept him. God doesn't send anyone to Hell though, that's just a result of a choice. You either choose God, or you choose absence from God.

You are right though, Jesus was not a Christian. Jesus was the Christ. People who follow Jesus are Christians. ;)

Now if thread is going to turn into a debate, I'd suggest that it might be better suited in the 'Religious Discussion' forum.

I'd call them all evil since we are all born evil- therefore how can nething we do be good apart from God.

How many people do you think consider themselves to be evil? How many people do you think wake up in the morning smile, and honestly say, "I'm going to hell."  Sure there probably are people who would say that, but I remember some1 told me about a poll some1 took of inmates of a prison like the bad part with all the murderers and stuff.  Over half of them say they would go to heaven.  Anything we do apart from God cannot be truely good because it can't save us.  It would be wrong for us not to show compassion or do good deeds for people. No matter how many good deeds we do in our lives we need our Lord Jesus Christ to beg his father for our souls.

So how can it not be evil if it stands condemned?

Why, why do we need God and Jesus to be classed as not being evil? Why does only Jesus exist, and not Buddha? Buddha was around before Jesus ever was, why does he not exist? is it narrow mindedness?

You cannot say that everyone that follows Jesus is Christian at all. Because he was never Christian. Jewish people follow Jesus, they are not Christian, they are Jewish.
Catholics follow Jesus, they are not Christian. Will they be punished for following him, but not calling themselves Christian?

If I choose absence from God? what happens to me?
If you are truly Christian, then you accept peoples choices in a religeon. I dont recall Jesus saying "follow me or goto hell".
What is ment by "do not perform witchcraft" relates to evil or satanic means. We all know the Bible was not written by the person Jesus intended it to be written by, so we all know there are mistakes in it. And we all know that the Bible contradicts itself.

If God is forgiving, and understanding, if people choose to love, and be compassionate without having blind faith that he exists. Then he would be understanding and forgiving that people don't believe in him, and he would not punish them for it. Think about it, if he existed, could you blame people for not believing in something they cannot see? I certainly wouldn't expect people to believe in me if they couldn't see me, or have proof that I existed. And i'm human, he is God. He would be more understanding about it. And what about people brourght up in a world where they have never heard of Christianity, must they be punished for it? It's not their fult they have never heard of it.
By saying that they would, and that he judges people that are not Christian, is an insult to him, you accuse your own God of hate.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Dont you have enough faith in "God" who will protect you from evil?

This rings a bell..."Do not test the Lord your God" comes to mind. Have you ever read Matthew 4? Just because God can save you from death by falling from a 110 story building onto rush-hour traffic doesn't mean He will catch you.  Knowing God can save you does not mean you can rush in and do whatever you like.

On the topic of Buddhism, just because they are good people won't get them to heaven. John 14:6
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.  

In reference to witchcraft:
In 2 Chronicles 33 it mentions a certain character called "Manasseh". Even though he was a king of Judah, he practiced witchcraft, sorcery and divination. God was firmly opposed to Manasseh's practices: "...He did much evil in the eyes of the LORD , provoking him to anger.  2 Chronicles 33:6"
(He refers to Manasseh in this passage)

The Bible also states that witchcraft is a sin: see Galatians 5:19-21

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]you say God judges people, thats an insult to him.

Um, if you mean "that's an insult to him" is referring to an insult to Go, I wonder...
The Bible states that: 23to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the judge of all men, to the spirits of righteous men made perfect,  Hebrews 12:23
In there it says "God, the judge of all men". Why would calling God a judge be an insult? He IS the ultimate judge.

EDIT: June 18, 9:50 pm This is in response to SAGAN's first post btw.

I'm tired. All I can say to the second post in my present state is:
There was a story on the old Trib forums that I read, about a professor bashing God... one of his students said something to the effect of:

Student: Have you seen your brain?
Professer: No.
Student: Have you touched your brain?
Student: Then how do you know it exists?

Apologies for butchering it, and hmmm... Some of that stuff in the story had flawed reasoning imo, and if someone would please find it again for me.. that would be wonderful:D

Christians have something called "faith" that allows them to believe in a God they cannot see or touch. Even so, I can see, feel, smell, and hear God's work resplendant in His world. That's proof enough for me, as well as The Bible, God's Word.

Well I don't understand why God would only allow people that follow Jesus into Heavan. Buddhists are the most compassionate people in the world, surly people that do nothing but love and help God's children, would be rewarded?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Joshua 24:19 - And Joshua said unto the people, Ye cannot serve the LORD: for he is an holy God; he is a jealous God; he will not forgive your transgressions nor your sins.

Why does God get jealous, when we are tourght not to be jealous ourselves? Why when we are told to forgive, does he not?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Mark 11:26 - But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.

He forgives all our trespasses, but yet you say he dose not.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Student: Have you seen your brain?
Student: Have you touched your brain?
Student: Then how do you know it exists?

That is flawed because we know the brain exists, we can see a brain, and touch a brain. And know it exsits, we know it does, we dont have to hope (have faith) that it does. If God wanted everyone in the world to believe in him, and have faith in him. Then he should show us he exists, rather than leaving behind contradicting text.

Have you ever seen a brain (not on tv)
Have you ever touched a brain.... I realy doubt that. You take blind faith in text books and others that it exists.

You could use the same agrugment with Air.
You know you need it to live but have you ever touched it, held it in your hand?

Ummm...how far back does our archive go? This SAME EXACT thing has been discussed several times over. These same exact questions.

Anyway...

SAGAN, you present A LOT of questions/frustrations/concerns, but I will only touch on a few of them.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]We all know the Bible was not written by the person Jesus intended it to be written by, so we all know there are mistakes in it. And we all know that the Bible contradicts itself.

I think very few on this board will agree with the above statement. The Bible was written by EXACTLY the people God called to write it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You cannot say that everyone that follows Jesus is Christian at all. Because he was never Christian. Jewish people follow Jesus, they are not Christian, they are Jewish.
Catholics follow Jesus, they are not Christian. Will they be punished for following him, but not calling themselves Christian?

True, Jesus was never a Christian. It is a term for a follower of Christ. There is not ONE person of Jewish faith who follows and has faith in Christ. The Jewish faith does not believe Christ is a savior. Now, there ARE people of Jewish race who DO follow Christ. They are Christians by faith, but Jewish by race. Just curious, what makes you say Catholics aren't Chrsitian?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Why does only Jesus exist, and not Buddha? Buddha was around before Jesus ever was, why does he not exist?

Where did you hear this one? Ummm, Buddah was real? Then he existed.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Why does God get jealous, when we are tourght not to be jealous ourselves?

Boy! I wish I could find my reply when Eon asked this. It was something along these lines. God's jealousy stems out of love. It is not a bad form of jealousy. For example, we can look at friends. Let's say your good friend starts dating someone. Before you know it, they start spending all their time together. You seem to take a backseat. You have two choices. You can be bitter, angry, and jealous your friend is spending a lot of time with someone else. Or, you can be jealous with love. In this form, you can be jealous, but you realize that jealousy comes out of love for your friend. You miss them. You miss the times you share together. That is God's jealousy. He is sad when we choose something other than Him.

Well, this is getting long. I'm sure others will insert more information as well.

Thanks for asking your questions and presenting your points of view.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Have you ever seen a brain (not on tv)
Have you ever touched a brain.... I realy doubt that. You take blind faith in text books and others that it exists.

Yes, I have seen a brain in real life, and have touched a brain in real life.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You could use the same agrugment with Air.
You know you need it to live but have you ever touched it, held it in your hand?

What do you think your feeling when the wind blows against you? Thats air.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Where did you hear this one? Ummm, Buddah was real? Then he existed.

I'm not exactly sure what your talking about here when you say "Where did you heard this one?" When I speak to most Christians, they say that Buddha never existed, and Buddhism has never been around longer than Christianity, When it has.
I am not saying that because Buddhism was around longer, that it is the right religeon, Buddhism it'self sais their is no such thing as the wrong religeon, as long as that religeon makes you a better person, and a compassionate person to your fellow man.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I'm not exactly sure what your talking about here when you say "Where did you heard this one?" When I speak to most Christians, they say that Buddha never existed, and Buddhism has never been around longer than Christianity, When it has.

You answered my question with EXACTLY what I was looking for. They are simply uninformed. By Buddha, are you referring to Siddhartha Guatama (or something like that)? And you are right, I agree there is clear evidence Buddhism has been around since before the time of Christ.

I would like to apologise to anyone that thinks I am "bagging out" Christianity.
It is just that I have constantly been harrassed by Christians claiming I am following a "path to evil". When all I want to do is care for, be compassionate to, and protect people.
So I had a few questions to ask. Once again, I apologise if I seemed abrubt with this.

regarding jealousy that is to covet soemhting that is not rightfully yours. God wants us to worship him an not some other false God. God has every right to that beung that he created everything we know. Why should the credit go elsewhere. I'd be ticked too.

But the credit does not got elsewhere, or to some other false God. Maybe in the case of some other religeons, but not Buddhism.

No other religions are compatible with Christianity. If they don't know God's son Jesus they won't get to God. No matter how good or nice of a person you are. It's through Christ only...you can't hand God a resume on your good works and expect to impress him. Nothing we can do makes us worthy only through his son.

Then prehaps I dont want to goto God, if God will not accept me for loving his children, then he does not deserve to have me. I will also not goto hell because I am not evil or have done anything bad.

"We all know the Bible was not written by the person Jesus intended it to be written by, so we all know there are mistakes in it. And we all know that the Bible contradicts itself."

lol

Seriously, that's sad. It's really sad.

<walks away snickering>

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Then prehaps I dont want to goto God, if God will not accept me for loving his children, then he does not deserve to have me. I will also not goto hell because I am not evil or have done anything bad.
God loves you and he loves that you love His children but that does not get you a ticket into heaven.You will not go to hell because you are evil.You will only go to hell if you are not saved (see Romans 10:8 or 10:9 i think).

Back