Which server should I run?

Which server should I run? - Everyone please vote

• Quake III Arena

Votes: 15 100.0%
  • Half-Life: TFC

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Well, I ordered four servers, two of those are going to be web servers for my new and upcomming website.

The other two I plan to use for game servers. The game server bandwidth will have a dedicated connection seperate from the webservers (to do otherwise would be foolish).

Still, speaking from experience -- Game servers can really suck-up bandwidth, so depending on how many people use my game servers, I could maybe host one or two games.

I'll start with TFC, (or Natural Selection if you guys want it bad enough) and we'll see how things go.

If you're curious, the game servers have a decicated T1 line, which could easily handle a 16 player TFC server.

how about a TFC and DoD chapter servers a little more popular than NS and NS is buggy still right now cuz when i switch from NS to CS i cant use my number 2 on keyboard to switch guns while running and other minor annoynces

Lion,

There's just one problem: I don't have DoD, and from what I've read in the DoD forums, not many people like the game.
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JT_ @ June 30 2003,10:31)]You can take it, I honestly won't have the time for it unless it's something that can be done in 5 minutes.
Actually, I have a friend of mine in mind for leading the TFC sub-chapter--or at least the competition team.
biggrin.gif

I'd love to take it, but there's no way I could afford the time to built it, the rest of ToJ, and CGA up properly. I just need to bend the space-time continuum. -_-

thats why you got me the 1337est of 1337 ppl of the seller of knives who can make time for everything and everyone always!!!!!!!!! anyway i personally like DoD havent played much sinse retail just cuz i got new HD and havent installed HL at all on this comp but on my laptop thats another story...... anyway just a suggestion maybe start a poll i know i luved the game

Im sure whatever server you choose it will become apparent sooner or later if you need to change it.. so just go with what you think JT

Well anyone who has gone to my website has recently realized that the upgrades are now taking place.

I have chosen (with your help, thanks) to go with Half-Life TFC.

So yeah, we'll see how it goes.

It may take me a day or two to respond while I'm busy with the actual upgrades. I wrote the server configs on my home machine while I was waiting for the servers. Now it's time to actually "cook the stew".

Oo! Oo! A Tribe of Judah TFC server~! *swoons* I've dreamed of this day for so long!
biggrin.gif

Let me know if you need anything at all, JT. Oh, and pleasepleaseplease send an e-mail to tek7 AT toj DOT cc when it's established. I want to hop on as soon as it's ready.

Thanks again!
biggrin.gif

Just so you all know, the server is done.

However, I need to get the webserver launched at the same time as the server for the stats-tracking to work.

So please be patient a little bit longer...
tounge.gif
It'll be worth the wait.

Im gonna borrow my cousins TFC cd and install the game on my comp. Ive played it like a couple of times and its pretty cool....CS>TFC still though
biggrin.gif

If we get a Wolf ET chapter going, we could use a server for that too...
biggrin.gif

personally I think we need a server for every chapter
(Im not being demanding am I?
tounge.gif
lol)

Just so you all don't think I dropped off the face of the earth, I have been sick with some kind of intestinal virus. (I won't go into the messy details).

I stayed away from the computer entirely and spent most of my time resting. Sorry for the delay but I don't control these things.

Back