Which server should I run? - Everyone please vote

• Quake III Arena

Votes: 15 100.0%
  • Half-Life: TFC

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
J

JT_

There seems to be a general split as to which game server I should run.  

Since I am part of this community (I think, hehe) I would like to make as many of you happy as possible.

So...  Please let me know which game you guys and gals think I should host.

Thanks.

Awww... why not cs?? me no like TFC and me stink at it
sad.gif
rock.gif
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Flash @ June 29 2003,3:05)]Awww... why not cs??
Because I stink at CS  
tounge.gif
   j/k

Actually... I prefer mods that let you respawn instantly instead of dying once and just sitting at your monitor watching everyone else have fun.

BTW my server will have full stats tracking support too. I'm leaning heavily toward the ELO ratings system (like chess)  that factors in your skill, and the skill of your oponents when calculating ranks.

You can take it, I honestly won't have the time for it unless it's something that can be done in 5 minutes.

Between designing websites for clients, building computers, administrating servers and yes teaching martial arts (unlikely combo of jobs huh?  
cool.gif
), I doubt I have the time to devote to it.

I have never actually played TFC.. i will get it downloaded and installed once my pc returns.. (adds it to the list)..

Im gonna need a week of AFK just to set the silly thing up.

I guess Tfc is da winna.. (seein how it looks lol) I guess i gotta be startin it too mebe.. i dun think its fun afta trying it once but if i get the hang of it, mebe i'l like it after all
tounge.gif

I must admit, at first I didn't like TFC, but in the past year it has grown on me.

Now every saturday after class myself and a few students get together and play it on my LAN.

Some crazy things have happened.  Once on 2fort I was running toward the enemy flag that was dropped on the bridge, an enemy HWGUY was shooting me;  I got hit by a rocket which propelled me forward and I actually landed right on the flag. and ran back to my base. The rocket blast made me move at such great velocity that the enemy couldn't hit me.
cool.gif

Stuff like that really makes the game fun.

And it's always funny to see someone hit with hallucinatory grenades jump, duck, and dodge for no reason...  
biggrin.gif

Rizz, TFC is part of Retail Half Life along with DMC and Richochet. You should already have it installed as soon as you have fully patched Half Life.

I would be very interested in seeing the TFC chapter get moving. I'll start working on adding additional information to the website this week. JT, let me know when you have the server up and I will put information about it on the site too. w00t!

My new batch of servers will be up later this month. Can't give an EXACT date because I am waiting for the new domain names to get rolling and I have some last minute configuring to do.  

Do you want me to notify you via e-mail ... or just post something in the forums?

I could also startup a Natural Selection server.... but only if people are interested.

(Servers are kind of my "thing" if you hadn't noticed.
wink.gif
)

Natural selection eh? I haven't played it yet but when I do and if I like it (Ive heard its good) I may by it and we may need a server for it!

Probably best to send me an email or use the message system in the forums as I do not always read every thread and would hate to miss this.

I have heard NS is good but i havent had chance to play it yet..

How many servers can you run???

We need servers for /all/ the chapters..lol

Back