Warhammer 40k ToJ Chapter - Post Interest Here

I found this AI mod that has everyone talking. Have any of you veterans tried it? It is called: The Dawn of Skirmish Advanced AI Mod v1.4

It sounds really good and I am going to check it out. As soon as we get a chapter going, we will have to have a thread that lists all the mods people should install. Possibly this one should be there. The following link leads to downloads and a read me with all the info on the mod.

http://dawnofwar.filefront.com/file/Dawn_of_War_Skirmish_AI_Mod;47401#Download

Prepare for a more enhanced Dawn Of War Skirmish Experience!

This project started after the release of Dawn Of War with the intent to bring to the global DoW community a more intense and satisfying AI opponent on the field of war. We hope you will agree that has been achieved with the understanding more is to be done in the future. Our work continues to evolve and in the coming months will make current efforts pale in comparison. However, you have to start somewhere and hot **** what a jump start!

Its been a slice from start to, well, continuing! We're so looking forward to enhancing the AI even further in the coming months!

amusedtoe said:
We need to get him playing, he's still probably poking along playing Starcraft.
*smacks amusedtoe with a trout* I already have a copy of Starcraft. Playing Warhammer 40K would require buying Warhammer 40K. While I dig the demo for Dawn of War, I can't justify the expense right now. My wife and I are both living on student loans and new computer games are about fifteen pegs down the priority line.

When the game drops to $20 for the base game and all expansions AND I have a bit of spending cash, I'll probably pick up a copy.

Well for some reason or other, the website preview isn't working correctly at the moment. It seems that the css file isn't being read. I guess that's the 'quality' of the free webspace from my service provider.

Tek7 said:
*smacks amusedtoe with a trout* I already have a copy of Starcraft. Playing Warhammer 40K would require buying Warhammer 40K. While I dig the demo for Dawn of War, I can't justify the expense right now. My wife and I are both living on student loans and new computer games are about fifteen pegs down the priority line.

When the game drops to $20 for the base game and all expansions AND I have a bit of spending cash, I'll probably pick up a copy.

My poor misguided Tek, you must have missed me pushing my cheapness onto others and trying to get everyone the expansion for $10. BB and CC no longer carry the plaing vanilla game but CompUSA, KMart, WalMart should still carry it for about $10. In addition the $30 expansion pack is $10 this week at CC. About or maybe even less then, if you're crafty, $20.

Besides we all know this is far superior to Starcraft when a lot of Starcraft's ideas were inspired by W40K. ;)

Yes, Tek, you should certainly pick a copy up! I might just let you join the ToJ chapter. ;)

(Oh wait, you have to approve it's creation before I can add you as a member, right?)

Ok, without further ado, the PREVIEW version of the website is done. I can't really do anything more without putting it up on the ToJ webspace so that I can configure the form mailer, setup the calendar software, and the coranto news posting software. These all require CGI but I would hope the ToJ host server has support for CGI installed. Check it out at the link below and let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions. Also, I don't know what you guys would like to put on the 'About Us' page. I would suggest something like the SoE about page but I'll leave that up to Slice and Arkangel. Let me know what you want that part to say and I'll add it.

Preview the site by clicking here

Please note that I haven't tested this out with anything but Internet Explorer. I will test it with Firefox as well. If you use any other browsers, please let me know how it looks. I also haven't finished the banner at the top.

Man that site is HAWT astrod00d! Cant wait to see it go live. Great work. Looks fine in the latest nightly build of FireFox to me.

Looks fantastic! Great work, Astro. Hopefully I'll get the green light from Tek at tonight's staff meeting to stand up the chapter. When that happens I'll get you the webspace info immediately. The one thing about the site that I personally don't like is the size. In my Firefox it is not centered, but in the top-left corner, and not very big. In other words, it doesn't take up much of my browser.

I appreciate the comments. I agree with you about the size Slice. It's a little small. I'll scale it up. I checked it out at lunch with Firefox and noticed some problems that I'll have to fix. It's still a work in progress and I gotta work out the bugs that present themselves in different browsers.

Looks great! If you want I can make up some 3D art for you to PS and use as buttons or banners. Perhaps that would give it a more "personalized" look.

Bring on the 3D art. I'll use them if I can. I'm still working on some of the graphics. I'm doing this mostly at work with notepad. I have Photoshop and Dreamweaver at home and they'll help me put the finishing touches on it. Slice, that's just a pic of a calendar. It won't necessarily look like that one. I'll get it integrated into the site after it gets up and running. I made a few more updates and changes. Again, I'm only able to preview it in IE at work. I have to wait until I get home to see it in Firefox.

What's up with this, the expansion's thrown my whole game off and now I'm finding my niche again with Chaos? With Chaos?!?

THE BLOODTHIRSTER!!! Watch as the little minions run away from him. I love flying him into an opponents base. It's like a room full of roaches when the lights come on. It's also hilarious when he punts a tank. He is the only reason I play with Chaos occasionally.

Oops, wrong thread.:D I acctually love the Khorne Beserkers, they're freaking terror. Last night was getting torn apart by IG, two CSM and a Raptor with hero fully upped were getting stomped by guardsmen. One full squad of KB though single handedly turned the tide against at least six Guard squads and let me win the game. They're probably going to get nerfed soon though since they're second tier and barely more then the CSM.

Last edited:
Back