Warhammer 40k ToJ Chapter - Post Interest Here

Wh1te Out

A few of us have been playing around with Warhammer 40K multiplayer lately and really loving it. If anyone else has either the orginial, Dawn of War, or the newest expansion, Winter Assault, let us know and we'll try to get some full-on battles going. :D

I am also feeling out interest for a ToJ chapter devoted to Warhammer 40k, it's expansions and mods. Please post your interest here. I'd only go forward with this if I find a good enough interest level in at least playing mulitplayer matches once a week on a dedicated night (maybe twice a week). Let me know what you think, WH40K players.

And if you haven't already tried or purchased this game, do it now. This is an RTS fan's dream!

Last edited by a moderator:
I play it occasionally but I am so horrendously bad. I think my brain just does not comprehend RTS games.

Slice, you and the other Guildies have got me hooked on Guild Wars, and now you want me to pick up Dawn of War?!?!?

OK, sure. :)

Seriously though, I've been thinking about getting it for awhile. I'm dling the new Winter Assault demo at the moment, maybe that might clinch it...

I know Arkanjel posted in these forums a while back, looking for DoW players...

Stop thinking and go buy it. It's easily found for under $10 and more then worth $50 and I always regret RTS purchases. I'd pick it up now though since it looks like they're going to be replacing it with a version for like $30 that's just the original game, the patches and a couple maps that will make their way to everyone else quickly enough.

I haven't played for about a month now but if someone grabs me online and tells me to come play I'll come step on you with my Eldar.

I am in the presence of feeling out the interest in a Warhammer 40k chapter. Basically, I'd run the chapter and setup a regular gaming night (possibly two per week). We'd use the forums to coordinate, discuss strategy, mods, etc.

That new edition you mentioned is the one I picked up, amusedtoe. It's the Game of the Year edition and does have some extra maps and stuff. I also got the expansion, Winter Assault. Both were about $30 each.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got into the game as well, and am quickly becoming addicted. I love the idea of playing with fellow brothers and sisters who I can trust not to cheat and swear over a game. You can count me in for any ToJ 40k chapter involvement.

Its a great game; I love the feel of it, with the heavy weaponry and awesome units.

I'm interested, but count me out for now. I don't have the game, and I think I should hold off on getting it until I "retire" some other games from my hard drive.

As for getting it cheap, Future Shop (electronics store up here in Canada) was carrying it for $20 a pop a month ago but now it's been discontinued. Amazon.ca has it for $40 I believe. (All prices CDN)

Poor Canuckian. I don't know if I'm up for the whole chapter thing, sounds like too much involvement, but a play group sounds nice. I think my ingame thing is amusedtoe but I can't remember for certain. Still I've never seen another person trying to gank my name. :)

I'm interested, for sure. I'm tired of harvesting gold/wood/minerals/vespene. Count me in! I'm ready for a game-time, although I need a lot of advance-notice.

Great to see other players in ToJ. We'll be discussing this at our staff meeting on October 13 and I'll have more info then.

Amused, the chapter designation just means we get our own forum for discussing the game, setting up matches, talking about mods, becoming a family and getting to know each other, figuring out how we can witness to others, etc. It doesn't mean more involvement if you don't want it to. :)

Does anyone have any good web HTML background that would be interested in setting up a website if the chapter gets formed?

Well I know what it means, I was co-head of the UT chapter at one point way back when. I guess my thought that was poorly expressed was that maybe we should acctually all be playing on a somewhat regular basis first since there's been some chapters that were pushed through too soon. As a result they ended up gimping along for a couple months before dying when the people lost interest in the game. That's all. :)

Anyway, going to start playing some games against the comp. to work on my awesomeness. Grab me on AIM as amusedtoe if anyone's wants to see if I'm up for a game.

Holy cow, I just went to download the latest patch and it's like 188MB. :eek: Yea that will be annoying to manage on my current dial-up. Does anyone know where I can get it as a torrent since that's going to be the easiest way for me to download it. I checked 3DGamers since they usually offer stuff as a torrent but no dice.

I'm in. For the record, I like teaming up on the AI rather than playing against other ppl. It's just more fun to me. You can have multiple opponents with varying difficulties which allows you to create a challenging match with the AI.

I could do the website if you'd like. Just visit my site in my sig. I created that site after playing DoW with buddies of mine. It influenced the name and theme of the site. I'll just need some webspace and ftp info and it'll be done. I could even setup our own forum on there unless you'd rather it be hosted on the CGA board. Let me know.

Last edited:
I believe most of the sites are more of a recruiting page than anything else. They are a place to direct interested players to the ToJ forums and somewhere we can post info about game times and things as well.

Ewoksrules and I have been playing quite a bit lately as a team against the AI and having a blast. (In fact, astro, that is why I PM'ed you on Xfire the other night was to see if you wanted to play a match with us.) I agree that the game makes it very easy to have enjoyable multiplayer matches vs. the AI. However, playing against people from ToJ will be a blast, too. We may have to setup temporary TS channels so that each team has one for its own use. I know I'll want to use it with my teams if possible.

But, I'm getting ahead of myself. Gotta get approval first. Shouldn't be a problem either considering that another Warhammer 40K RTS is coming out late next year and it looks to be EPIC! This chapter will just be a catch-all for all Warhammer-related games. ;)

Well I'm pretty positive that the two or three Warhammer games coming out in the next year or so are acttually just plain Warhammer and not 40K. I know for certain the other RTS is, and I'm pretty sure the MMO is as well but I remember screenshots with tanks. Maybe I'm blurring the WA shots in the same article with 'em, guess I'll have to pull out that CGW and check now. :p

So is anyone going to acctually slap me and tell me to come play? Ignore the away message since I'm acctually there more when one's up.

Last edited:
Okay, so we'll ignore the 40k and call it the Warhammer chapter. Easily solved.

I'd love to play with ya! But I don't use AIM or Yahoo or anything anymore. It's strictly Xfire for me.

Reporting for duty!!

Cant wait to play some games with you guys. I havent played in a while, but Im all for some all out war! Do you hear the voices too?

**Guess I should have been watching this forum a little more closely seeing as how this thread was started 7 days ago....DOH! Hey Slice if you need any help organizing this lemme know. Guess ill keep an eye on this one now. :eek:

Last edited:
I'm getting the game soon as I can. Make sure you have my AIM SN on your buddylist.

Do y'all feel that it is balanced in multiplayer?

Seems to pretty balanced. Teamwork is important in multiplayer, too. I don't use AIM, but do use Xfire. That's the sort of thing we'll have on the chapter website, though, to give everyone a quick reference of how to get a hold of each for games.

Back