Us why we're here.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mr_Eon @ Dec. 05 2002,2:13)]Blind faith is BAD.
I don't have to worry about that since I am right and all you guys are wrong
wink.gif

"Whats top risk with christianity? sanity."

I'd disagree here. I personally think that it's a personality type, coupled with lack of emotional and intellectual maturity, that makes any religious preference, including agnosticism and atheism (And yes, even Wicca), infuriating and possibly dangerous.

Crashing a board in the manner you did evinces such a personality type, by the way.

Tony, Dude

I can sort of see where you're coming from, but I totally do not agree. God is there. At moments when I doubt that, I think like this--when I'm really down, He helps me. He sent me my best friend, who keeps me in constant check with everything I do.
We were created to glorify God. That is why we're here.

hehe, remind me to read the entire thread before I post...could get myself in trouble.......
biggrin.gif

heres another one , who created god?

By the way tonytiger is not me replying for me as that is unbelieveably sad.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dude @ Dec. 07 2002,2:15)]heres another one , who created god?
God has been around forever.

I could also say the same thing about the big bang theory and evolution. Where did all of the stuff that went 'bang' come from? Where did all of the little micro life things that evolved into other critters come from?

the all encompasing question eh
What came before that?

at a certain point you will have to say i do not know or admit there is a god that created the tiny ball of particles or that maybe it was the distruction of another deminsion ripping a hole into the fabric of reality and thus letting a little bit of their matter into our demension and thus creating the big bang, but then you ask what made that demension.

God only has to be created if you think in human terms.

Maybe in the "Realm" or "Plane" in which God exists does not have death, creation, or any of that sort. We think in finite terms because we are finite beings. We see something like a piece of art and think, "Who made it?" We do the same with God. "Well, who made Him?" God didn't have to be created because in His realm, creation doesn't exist. Hard to comprehend, because we have such a small capacity of understanding compared to the supernatural.

Just like this. Try to imagine "nothing". You can't. You always imagine "something". It is impossible to imagine "nothing".

Our minds can't comprehend nothingness, while God most likely can. We're too absorbed in our own selves to see beyond flesh, blood, and bone.

"Think outside the body," as I've been told before

It stands to reason that something must've been first.
Therefore, one can say "Nothing created God, God was first."
One can also say that, "Nothing created the universe, the universe was here first."

Therefore, asking the question "What was here first?" shows nothing either way.

I didn't bother to read the second or third pages, so forgive me if I'm repeating something, but -
quick answer to a stupid question, God can't mess up =\ sry

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tonytiger @ Dec. 05 2002,2:23)]Excuse you me! lionofjuda,

You don't have the right to  call that guys theory stupid!!

It makes about as much sense as anything in that book.  God could have messed up, humans mess up all the time and as you say, we are in his image.

And as for genesis you cant beleive everything in that book.  It says that God made night and day before he made the sun and stars, we now know that that is completely impossible because night and day only exist because of the sun.

Don't diss other peoples kooki theories.
Just for your information. You can have LIGHT without a body source such as the sun. A little scientific research will support this...(it is called "Cosmic Light")...OR you can just read Genesis. HAha

"Just for your information. You can have LIGHT without a body source such as the sun. A little scientific research will support this...(it is called "Cosmic Light")...OR you can just read Genesis. HAha"

However, night and day are defined by the sun. As 'cosmic light', by it's nature, exists during both night and day, it can't seperate the two.

dwgpreach- Welcome to the forum
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]However, night and day are defined by the sun.

Maybe.However,Genesis 1:5b says:'So the evening and the morning were the first day.

It could mean the creation of the 24-hour period since Gen.1:14 says:'Then God said,"Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night....

So its possible God created the 24-hour period first and then came back and made: 'the greater light to rule the day,and the lesser light to rule the night.'Gen. 1:16b

Alien2385

Is it worth it, at this point, to say that the Sun is the only source of light (apart from the starlight) and that the Moonlight is merely reflected sunlight?

So actually there was only one light source and one reflector set up...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kohael <PC> @ Dec. 08 2002,11:17)]However, night and day are defined by the sun.  As 'cosmic light', by it's nature, exists during both night and day, it can't seperate the two.
Actually night and day or to be more exact "morning and evening" have more to do with time....24 Hour period than they do with light....Ask the people who live in Northern Alaska. ....Or just ask Genesis. THANK YOU FOR THE WELCOME "ALIEN".

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mr_Eon @ Dec. 08 2002,2:08)]Is it worth it, at this point, to say that the Sun is the only source of light (apart from the starlight) and that the Moonlight is merely reflected sunlight?

So actually there was only one light source and one reflector set up...
The moon actually may produce its own light though a very small amount....I know I am being technical ...but accuracy is more important than cuteness....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MeanMrMustard @ Dec. 08 2002,2:57)]Um... no it doesn't.
Of course it might. Crack a science book (all Scientists realize this. NASA says the moon may have a little bit of its own light. )....read Genesis the moon is called the "lesser light", not the "lesser reflector". HAHa it is amazing howquickly we get sidetracked.

Crack 'a science book'?
What science book?

I've run extensive google searches for moon + reflected light, and everybody seems to think that the moon isn't intrinsically bright, but reflects light from the sun. This reflects what we know about the moon being a big chunk of rock. While it's certainly possible that the moon is intrinsically bright, some sort of reference will be required for us to believe that fact.

BTW, your "HA ha" is not endearing you to the greater board community. I ask your patience with lesser beings such as we, who fail to comprehend your great wisdom.

Back