Us why we're here.

D

Dude

i think ive figured out the bible and why we are here.
Basically the dinosaurs were gods first creation but they died out cause of the cold. he tried again and made us, he made the bible up to cover up the dinosaurs. Because weve found the bones and have proof, he wont answer anyones prayers or anything.

your views?

LOL kooki imagniation u got there. stupid theory but then again only stupid theory is one not proposed. God made us in his own image, if you read Genisis yes we where the last to be made but we are his ultimate creation. somehow i dont think that God would just make something go ops that sucked they couldnt take a winter then make man and be like i will give you my covenat and send his OWN SON to die and very grewsom and horrible death.

god could be some sicko for all you know.
and when you die ill laugh.

Excuse you me! lionofjuda,

You don't have the right to call that guys theory stupid!!

It makes about as much sense as anything in that book. God could have messed up, humans mess up all the time and as you say, we are in his image.

And as for genesis you cant beleive everything in that book. It says that God made night and day before he made the sun and stars, we now know that that is completely impossible because night and day only exist because of the sun.

Don't diss other peoples kooki theories.

thanks tonytiger that is a great idea and the bible comes out with a lot of stupid things, like turning water into wine that sort of malarky. while scientifically proven it is impossible

Interesting coincidence you two both coming at almost the exact same time and backing eachother up. Methinks the are they same person? Pretty lame if you ask me.

Yeah science can't recreate those miracles. The bible is historically accurate and has many of it's references proven in archeology. Written by man, yes, but inspired by God. it has many checks and balances to keep it accurate.

Science and bible do not get along. For starters, according to the Bible, the earth is thousands of years old, not millions. Also if you choose to believe science and that you're related to ameobas be my guest. However if you die and realize there's an afterlife you'll be shocked. What's there to lose in believing in a creator? dignity?

Once again the arrogance and ignorance displayed amazes me.

I am not the same person as either lionofjuda or dude, I was simply browsing this forum and this post took my interest so decided to give my view on the topic. Is it pretty lame??

It's pretty lame that instead of giving your view on the topic or admitting that the theory is as plausible as anything else you've got seems pretty lame.

Thanks

I am not arguing the case of science versus religion.

I just wanna say that the theory shown by dude is not stupid.

But... one path must be true science or religion, and its up to the person to chose which path they take.

Whats top risk with christianity? sanity.
Basing your life on a book written by unknown people thousands of years ago with very little historical evidence to go on would normally be considered strange.

Who is faking an account??
I didnt make a theory, and in my last post ididnt say that you called dude's theory lame.

Little historical evidence? uh I guess you don't believe a man named Jesus walked this earth 2000 years ago? Funny how archeaology has recently found the tombstone of his "earthly" brother James and Ciaphis's tomb was found, and roman artifacts support the leadership of that time.

yeah the bible was written by many men, the amazing part is how it all correlates and goes together without contradicting itself. Try to get 40 guys to write something today and have it all harmonize!

Welcome to the forum by the way

according to dude's theory women must be superior as men were biblically created first (as a rough draft??)

Thanks. Nice forum

I do believe that aguy called jesus walked the earth and stuff. I dont beleive that people lived til they were well into there hundreds and could still have children at this age. I dont believe that the entire earth was covered in water and two of every animal (except the unicorn) were put in one boat. I dont beleive that the entire nile river turned into blood. You can see how i could doubt these things??

I dont agree with everything dude says, he may be insane, but i agree that there is as much chance of his theory being correct as any other. Living a life of faith should teach you that.

All that living a life of faith teaches you is that everyone who disagrees with you is wrong, Wrong, WRONG! It also teaches you to ignore that little voice in the back of your mind going "Coooeee! There's really no evidence for this! In fact there's lots of evidence disproving it!".

Eon

I personally believe that science in itself is a religion. Many of their theories have yet to be proven. I have yet to see the missing link between man and ape and from land animal to bird. If I'm not mistaken Darwin said his theory should eb proven within 100-150 years. We are not closer today then when he claimed it.

But alas, that's a topic we've all been through
biggrin.gif

Yes it takes faith to take the Bible over science textbooks. I think you have a lack of faith in our God. However even though we don't agree, I don't treat it like an lack of intelligence.

Well, you'll notice I didn't specify what the faith in my post was faith IN. It amounts to the same thing, whether you have blind faith in Science, blind faith in Christianity, blind faith in Buddha, Allah, Odin or whatever.

Blind faith is BAD.

science started as a way man could prove to other man that God did exsist and to help man feel that he had some control over his world and nature, with that said.
science is also a religion anything you think and beleave in becomes a religion in essences, and i was not trying to say that his idea is wrong, to me i think it is highly stupid that may be arrogant of me, but that is my oppion, to think that the Great Deity that man has worship screwed up on big lombering lizzards and decided to make an ape man and have it evolve into us is just plan stupid in my oppion.
If you make something and it fails, usually you will recreat the same thing and TRY to make it work this time or make minor adjustments to it, not totally recreate and start with a new design from no where.

Blind faith in anything is bad. In that, Eon, I will wholeheartedly agree.

Tony and Dude, your slams against the Bible and Christianity, considering we haven't done a thing to you, are unwarrented, so knock it off. Whatever your beef with the Bible and/or Christianity, don't take it out on us. I can't speak for others, but my faith isn't blind, and it's not ignorant. I'll happily argue science with you all day; I have a degree in veterinary science and I'm working on zoology and animal management at the moment, and I've aced Chemestry in the past, and evolution and why it's wrong is a pet research topic of mine, and I know my Bible very well, as well as my history. So bring it on! Take a hint from Eon and Kohael, and post with respect. The angry teenager approach won't go very far.

Back