The nature of good and evil

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]How many times did God bend, if not outright break, the 10 commandments?

Possibly off topic, I may even regret
smile.gif
this question but.....DV....How did God break the 10 commandments?

Can you also define what is good and what is evil by standards that you do not set?

Gen

Gensis, GOd has broken the commandments... this baffles me as well, I hope someone does find the answer.

He murdered all the assyrians did he not?

This worries me.
sad.gif

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand the question about good and evil. Could you be more specific?

To answer your other question, yes, that's a topic all its own, but here goes:

God killed and ordered killings/murders of many people: the Amekalites, the Egyptians, Sodom/Gomorrah, the entire world (Save Noah and his family), Lot's wife, god sends wild beasts to murder children, the Caananites, etc, etc, etc.

God lied when He told Adam and Eve that if they eat of the forbidden fruit, "in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die". They lived quite a bit longer didn't they? God put a lying spirit into the mouth of prophets. He sent powerful delusions so that people would believe a lie.

God condoned stealing when he ordered the Israelites to plunder the Egyptians.

He permitted people to have "statutes that were not good and laws they could not live by" (Eze 20:25).

Now the typical defense to this is that God is Sovereign, however, I contest that God is like the adult that believes in the "do as I say, not as I do" philosophy.

God killed yes,

He didnt lie... They were immortal until they ate the fruit, he meant either your spirit will die, or you will die because of it.

YEah.. the plundering worries me as well.

THe law is to show us that we are sinners and need his help.

No.... there is more to it then we understand. He isnt a human father.

Did I say He was a human father? NO, I did not. It's called an analogy.

God created commandments that He does not follow himself.

He leads not by example, but by what He says. Hence the analogy.

H elads by example, He lves all and asks us to do the same, He forgives all that ask for it, we should do the same. He becomes an angel and kills a million evil poeple, well then if you can turn into an angel and kill 1 million evil poeple overnight then do it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ByblosHex @ Sep. 26 2004,4:41)]you compared God to a human, which cannot prove anything but humans are evil.
How else do you describe God but by using the only things we have, which are finite terms.

Your statement is not only false, but incredibly ludicrous.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ByblosHex @ Sep. 26 2004,7:20)]Ahah, you see it is impossible for us to explain, compare to or even understand God. My point exactly!
LOL, now you stepped into it.

How do you follow a God that you cannot understand?  You just said it was impossible to understand God.

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ByblosHex @ Sep. 26 2004,7:27)]I do not understand him. But I understand what I need to.
Byblos, come on now.

Take a deep breath and look at what you just said.

That makes no sense whatsoever.

You understand what you need to know, but you just said that it was impossible to understand God. You're running around in circles trying to catch your own tail.

If it's impossible to understand God, how do you understand Him?

I dont understand Gods ways.. I never said I did, stop trying to make me appear as a fool. I know God, I know what I am saying and I know I am speaking correctly.

Well, let's see.

You said, "I do not understand him", you also said that it was impossible to understand God.

You then said, "But I understand what I need to."

How then, do you understand what you need to when you can't understand God?

I'm not trying to make you look like a fool, I am pointing out the flaws in your logic.

THey arent flaws you just dont understand english very well my friend. I understand what I need to do with my life but I do not understand God's ways.

It's one thing to be able to spell correctly and read fluently, but comprehension is another thing entirely.

HOW DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU NEED TO DO WITH YOUR LIFE IF YOU CAN NOT UNDERSTAND GOD'S WAYS? The question is how. I'm not asking for a critique of the English language, I'm asking you how you came to your religious conclusions if you can not understand God or His ways. Feel free to answer the question in any language you feel best conveys the answer.

You expect a human being to know everything about God and why he does what he does? Our brains ust arent bug enough and we dont live for enough millenia to learn it all.

There is only one language that can explain these things and it is tongues, and humans dont understand it.

I'm not saying that our finite brains can comprehend an infinite being.

However, we CAN understand what we can observe. Therefore we can observe and understand portions of the omnimax, were one to exist.

Now, here again you don't make sense. According to you, only one language can explain these things and it is tongues. Yet, you can't speak in tongues, so how do you understand that language? Why wasn't the Bible then written in this language?

Tongues is the perfect language of God. NO the bible was written in aramiac. And I do not understand this language but when God speaks to me he speaks to my heart and everyhting is understood that he says perfectly because my inner soul knows that language but my brain does not.

Didn't you say though, that God doesn't speak in words, but somehow to your soul?

If tongues is the perfect language of God, why is there no mention of it in the Bible as the perfect language of God? Or did I miss that somehow?

Back