Star wars galaxies

EVE is EVil! Eve is solely in starships anyway right? SWG starts off on planet, and will be expanded to have starships. Wootie, MMO Xwing vs Tie fighter! It will r0x0rz ur b0x0rz.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shark @ Mar. 16 2003,4:06)]EVE is EVil! Eve is solely in starships anyway right? SWG starts off on planet, and will be expanded to have starships. Wootie, MMO Xwing vs Tie fighter! It will r0x0rz ur b0x0rz.
EVE is teh winzorz!!11

In EVE, you can buy space stations and gigantohumogous Titans, and sell your companies stock to peeps, who then have voting power in that company, among other things. Those are two of the best features.

Honestly people, what does SWG give me that Evercrack, Anarchy Online, Ultima Online, Asheron's Call, [insert a hundred other MMORPGs here]?

EVE is original (and cool!), SWG is not. Atleast EVE is shipping with all of its features. You SWG fellows have to wait for months.

BTW, you want ot know the real reason for the delayed features? So when you get the game and find out how boring it is, you still keep your account waiting for the updates to see if they make it better. Once the updates come out, its still boring, but your character is so high lv you don't want to lose him. Atleast thats what my sources (whatever tabloids I can find at the store) say so.

All games are basically the same. Whether gameplay is great and innovative or as simple as pacman, the result is basically the same.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (the_esherick @ Feb. 10 2003,11:49)]I was just wondering if ToJ was planing on having a Starwars Galaxies Chapter? Or what the SWG team calls PA or Player Assocations(sp).
I will most definitely be considering forming a chapter for Star Wars Galaxies when it's released. The formation of such a chapter, as with any other, will depend on several criteria:

- Is there sufficient interest in the game to gather an active group of Christian players?
- Is the game free of overly lewd, occult, or otherwise extremely offensive material?
- Are current or applying Tribe of Judah members willing to serve as staff for this chapter? This includes a chapter leader, recruiters, news reporters, a web development project leader, and other web developers.

I was hoping to make it into the SWG beta myself, but that seems unlikely with the release date pending. Of course, it could be delayed. Again. -_-

K, cool. Well, if you guys do plan on making a SWG chapter do contact us! Having a Christian ally would be great, especially because some people already do not like us.

-Fluff Commander of The Consecrated
fluffy@theconsecrated.com
www.theconsecrated.com

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Nspire @ Mar. 16 2003,9:10)]Honestly people, what does SWG give me that Evercrack, Anarchy Online, Ultima Online, Asheron's Call, [insert a hundred other MMORPGs here]?
The answer to that question is easy. ;)

It's STAR WARS!!!
tounge.gif

Some people will buy Star Wars stuff, even if it stinks, simply because it is Star Wars. Personally, I love Star Wars, and I'm excited about this game. I haven't decided whether I want it for XBL or for PC yet, but the beta on PC is excellent, and it gets better every day.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Some people will buy Star Wars stuff, even if it stinks, simply because it is Star Wars.

Hahaha. That's me. Although I did give Rebel Assault II to a friend's kids. It was so bad and I knew his kids would enjoy it. But I'm on a quest to buy all the PC Star Wars games. Recently got "Battle for Naboo" NEW for $4.

Galaxies...
sad.gif
I won't be buying it. I just don't play games enough to make a monthly subscription worth it. I'm pretty bummed, because it looks like it'll be fun.

I've seen a decided decline in Star Wars of late. The biggest example of this is the New Jedi Order series, written by a bunch of kill-happy n00bs who would rather think up a cheap, powerful alien race to destroy the better portion of the galaxy, rather than be truly creative like all the previous authors who took the time to build the galaxy into what it is...or was. It's a terrible injustice, and may leave me permanently turned off from the whole thing fom now on.

Are there by chance any other beta testers for Galaxies here? It would be cool if I could find another Christian gamer to interact with online.
rock.gif

STAR WARS AS WE KNOW IT IS DYING AWAY, AND ALL YOU CAN THINK ABOUT IS PLAYING SOME STUPID RPG?!

biggrin.gif

Eh, these new books arnt what turned off the expanded universe for me. The fact that the expanded universe stinks is what made me not like it.

I say once again WoW > SWG

New video came out and its looking great hopefully beta starts around Christmas.

I was reading a poll in a forum and it said which game would you rather play WoW EQ2 or SWG most said SWG if it comes out soon but they will probably start playing WoW once its out... Sad since it was the SWG forums.

EVE > Wow/SWG/EQ2/E&B/AC2

The only game that can match EVE is Planetside (from what I have seen of it, atleast)

EVE Universe:I clicked on the universal map icon on the slightly cluttered but customizable interface and was gifted with a 3D map of the current solar system. As we pulled the camera out, the map moved into an intricate network of hundreds of jump points and star systems that could be visited. "Wow," I asked Olafsson, "is that the whole universe?" He laughed and told us to pull the camera back even more. To my amazement, the network I had been looking at shrank to insignificance as an entire galaxy consisting of dozens of sectors, thousands of star systems and an unbelievable number of planets and starbases pulled into view. Olafsson told me that this was the entire universe -- 5,000 systems (3,000 should be available at launch) with a capacity of 100,000 players and, even better -- "all of it's for sale."

Um n3g, Its basicly a space ship game that you pay monthly for? no thanks. Whats with that FPS that you pay monthly for have you ever played a mmg they lag like a beast could you imagine cs with 2000+ people per server or hudreds of people rushing the bomb site on dust, MY COMP WOULD EXPLODE.

On a side note WoW > All

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Exo-Slayer @ April 04 2003,10:26)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Its basicly a space ship game that you pay monthly for? no thanks

Space = teh win

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Whats with that FPS that you pay monthly for have you ever played a mmg they lag like a beast could you imagine cs with 2000+ people per server or hudreds of people rushing the bomb site on dust, MY COMP WOULD EXPLODE.

A friend of mine plays WW2Online. Same thing as Planetside, except that it is set in WW2. He says it doesn't lag that much.

So let me recap:

Space = win
Fantasy = good, but not as good as space

EVE = win
WoW = good, but not as good as EVE

Hopefully EVE works out as good as it looks.

Question: What's the sense in all the SWG PA's so soon?

It doesn't make sense. Why put so much effort putting together a PA web site, with members joining up and saying that they'll be a Transdocian Bounty Hunter and what not when the game isn't even launched?

- How can you know for sure that you'll be starting a PA?

- How can you know the the name for your PA isn't taken or not available at all, making you have to re-design your site?

- How can you know that you will be a Transdocian Bounty Hunter? Is that even a profession available to start?

What I'm getting at is this: the game is not even out, so with so many unknowns why are ppl putting so much effort into the whole PA thing right now? So much can change between now and launch.

My only theory is that all these people ARE playing the game right now as beta testers, therefore they have some insight that I don't.

The problem with my theory is that there are TONS of PA's set up with members and all sorts of stuff. Are all of them beta testers? Surely not.

Back