Star wars galaxies

the_esherick

I was just wondering if ToJ was planing on having a Starwars Galaxies Chapter? Or what the SWG team calls PA or Player Assocations(sp).

I was a little bit interested in this game until i read this

As we moved forward and continually revised our schedule, it became apparent that the postponement of several significant systems would allow us to release the game sometime in mid-April. The most important of these systems were:
-Player Cities
-Player-Owned Vehicles
-Player-Generated Missions
-Dark Jedi (okay, this is really a "feature", but still…)
At that time, we also began work on our Live Team schedule, which provides a plan for implementing the postponed systems within the first seven or eight months after launch.

Without these features this game seems just like any other mmorpg out there, evan worse then many. Personaly im looking forward to World of Warcraft Blizzard always makes good games.

They arn't about to screw up on SWG so I expect those things to be implemented rather quickly. Already have it pre-ordered
biggrin.gif

They say the first 7-8 months and its Varant so i expected 10 months or 3 expansions before the promised things are put in...

The only thing on that list that is high on my list of wants would be player owned vehicles. If this game meets my expectations I believe that a person that likes mmorpgs will find plenty to occupy them.

mad.gif
- Die rebel scum!
wow.gif
- Noooo!!!

w00t to the Empire I say
biggrin.gif

Well without citys that takes out the hole Player governeing stuff but they kept houses in so we will have random houses around then in 6 months theyll be useless with citys about. Secondly with out player generated quest the bounty hounters have nothing to do as many other profesions wont and since vehicles are out so are tamable creatures and mounts not just mechanical vehicles.
These are just a few of the complaints ive heard from people acctully following the game, i only read some news from time to time.

I am pretty sure bounty hunters (and the other professions) still have computer generated missions.

Did the devs say pets are also considered "vehicles"? Or are you just reading in-between the lines?

Can't politicians just work in pre-built cities?

And who cares about Dark Jedi anyway? I would be happy if there where only NPC Jedi (Dark or otherwise). I don't see much good coming from player Jedi.

I highly doubt these delays will ruin the game. Better this that having the whole game delayed for half a year.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Nspire @ Feb. 12 2003,6:47)]I don't see much good coming from player Jedi.
"Your lack of faith is disturbing. *Uses the force to choke nspire* Did you ever stop and think about all the people who pray every day for a mmorpg where they can be jedi and walk around with plastic lightsabers clipped to their belts in public? WE NEED IT... Err, I mean, those people need it.

To be honest I dont think star wars galaxies will work as a mmorpg. In order for the game to live it has to keep people in the game for a long period of time. I've had some experience with Everquest and part of the reason it worked so well is because there are so many different types of characters out there, each of which easily offers enough to keep players coming back each night. Thats what I think SWG will be lacking... I mean come on, they say there are so many different ways to make your character, but who wants to play a merchant, or a technician for over a year? 95% of the people are going to want to be Jedi knights or bounty hunters, which will get old fast. When it gets old, people will quit. When people quit they will stop making money and stop running the servers.

I could be way off here, but I'd suggest waiting a few months before buying it to make sure it isn't a flop before you subscribe to their monthly servic.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MeanMrMustard @ Feb. 13 2003,12:34)]I've had some experience with Everquest and part of the reason it worked so well is because there are so many different types of characters out there, each of which easily offers enough to keep players coming back each night. Thats what I think SWG will be lacking... I mean come on, they say there are so many different ways to make your character, but who wants to play a merchant, or a technician for over a year?
SWG has a bunch of different characters.  I'm not home to check right now, but I think I remember there being about 6 different races to choose from as well as about 6 different character classes.  Sure, a lot of people will start as a bruiser and work at becoming a bounty hunter or jedi, but I'm pretty sure that quite a few people will also play as some of the other classes.  

*modified section*

Basically, the game is pretty awesome right now, and it's just gonna get better. ;)

*end of modified section*

No matter what the monthly fee is, I'm planning on getting this one.  The real question is whether I'll get it for PC or for Xbox.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Criostoir @ Feb. 13 2003,4:51)]Right now it's somewhat playable.  It lags quite a bit, and there are a ton of bugs.  (I got stuck behind some invisible walls last night and the only way to get out was for someone to kill me.)  But it is still in beta.  It is becoming more and more playable every day.
Uh, are you allowed to say that? Didn't you sign an NDA?

I didn't sign anything, but there was a license agreement when I installed the program. There might have been something about that in the agreement. I have a tendency to not read those things when installing software.

You have a good point though. I'm not sure what and how much I'm allowed to say about the game, so I'll modify my post. Just forget I said anything. ;)

Greetings! I found your website while looking for other Christian gamers and happen to be in a Christian PA planning to play SWG. The PA is The Consecrated:

http://www.theconsecrated.com

We are affiliated with the Christian Gaming Coalition:

http://www.christiangaming.org

Not sure if you have heard of us or not, but would be fun to meet up with some other Christian gamers in some of these games and have some fun together!

God bless!

If ToJ does plan on making a chapter, we will be playing on the server Radiant. It would be great to have a Christian ally!

TC, like Sweetwater said, is a part of CGC which the Jedi Outcast players should know Redeemed which is also a part of CGC.

If you're just looking for a Christian SWG community you're welcome at our forums. We have a large community because we have nothing better to do until SWG comes ;)

-Fluff Commander of The Consecrated
fluffy@theconsecrated.com

So this is where you have been hiding out? I have seen your name Matrinix, but haven't seen you over at TC since I joined up.

After reading a bit here I see a lot of similar discussions to what we have had going, hee hee. Small world....

This awesome
biggrin.gif
its always good to know that there are other Christian gaming groups out there.

If you know of any other Christian gaming groups that please tell us we would love to contact them

Brothers Under Christ (BYX)
Jas

Another reason you should just wait for the supierior World of Warcraft... On a sidenote they released a new video for world of warcraft and wow its pretty amazing everything is ingame and the sound track is awsome.

Back