Seeking volunteers to help test new Tribe of Judah web site

I use Time Warner Cable at home. AT&T for the smartphone, and I'm not sure if we're AT&T or Verizon at work (hilarious story involving the office moving to a new location and nobody checking whether it had internet connectivity before signing a lease... Which is hilarious considering we're a web based company. So we're not getting our fiber connection for another 30 days...)
anyway, here's the tracert to the site:

Tracing route to tojudah.com [173.227.251.150]
over a maximum of 30 hops:
1 2 ms 1 ms 2 ms [my router IP]
2 23 ms 16 ms 22 ms cpe-98-156-0-1.kc.res.rr.com [98.156.0.1]
3 13 ms 8 ms 8 ms tge7-1.lesmmo11-cer2.kc.rr.com [65.28.16.134]
4 13 ms 15 ms 23 ms tge0-9-0-6.ksczksmp01r.kc.rr.com [98.156.42.252]

5 15 ms 14 ms 15 ms be10.ksczmogn-ccr1.kc.rr.com [98.156.42.4]
6 24 ms 27 ms 23 ms ae30.dllatxl3-cr01.kc.rr.com [98.156.42.0]
7 24 ms 30 ms 27 ms 107.14.17.136
8 30 ms 30 ms 31 ms ae-0-0.ar0.dfw10.tbone.rr.com [66.109.9.105]
9 29 ms 41 ms 27 ms dal2-pr2-ae0-223.us.twtelecom.net [64.132.69.65]

10 62 ms 63 ms 62 ms rdu1-ar3-xe-1-0-0-0.us.twtelecom.net [206.222.12
2.194]

I also registered a new account as Elader2 to test that if someone could accept the application.

curiouser and curiouser. Still didn't work. I'm gonna have to dig out my ancient linux laptop and try it on there. Is it throwing anything into the error logs?

Yes. You are getting a login failure on each of the chapter sites. I am going to see if we can't get more information by altering the program a little. I will get back to you.

Elader,

It seems the problem with you logging in to the chapter sites is that you have not joined a chapter site. Go to the Members page and you need to check the boxes of the chapters you wish to join. That is why you could not login.

However, you should not have to login to simply view a chapter site. That is something I am fixing, and I have already done so for the Legacy of Elijah chapter. You should have no problem now going to that site from the list on the Home page. I am making the same correction to the others as well.

I am deleting the second account you created for testing (Elader2), so that will no longer function.

Rev Jim,

I have made some changes to the skin being used so that when images are turned off, the menu background should be a color that allows the menu options to show up better. Check it out and let me know if that is better or not. I also fixed the text on the Charter page. Thanks.

Last edited:
I've got no problem getting into LoE now. :)

Is there a reason why there is a two minute timer when joining chapters?

I'm at work or I'd post a screenshot, but I get an error "You must wait 2 minutes before you can join or leave another Chapter.". What happens is I click the checkbox, and it saves/updates my new information. If I try to click another checkbox right after it is done (or within the two minutes), I get the error.

IIRC, the 2-minute "cooldown" was something I asked Tom to add so members couldn't spam the site with chapter join/leave requests. It probably wouldn't be an issue in regular use, but I could see how it would be troublesome for testing.

IIRC, the 2-minute "cooldown" was something I asked Tom to add so members couldn't spam the site with chapter join/leave requests. It probably wouldn't be an issue in regular use, but I could see how it would be troublesome for testing.
So working as intended then. That's cool, just making sure.

That is intentional, to prevent non-human systems from joining all chapters. Basically a security measure to deter spammers, etc.
EDIT: Ooops. Just noticed Tek7 beat me to it. lol :)

Tom - Just got an email today saying a new user has joined the Minecraft chapter. Is that something I am getting cause I am the chapter leader, or does everyone get those?

The only annoying aspect of the two-minute timer is if you are setting up a new account and are a member of multiple chapters. I wanted to select Guild Wars and Star Wars at the same time but had to wait. If someone is trying to check-mark a few chapters, they'd have to wait several minutes.

Tom: Is there any way to code the limit so that it only pertains to repeated changes, not bulk changes?

In other words, a member could join 5 chapters at the same time, but would not be able to leave any of those chapters within the next 2 minutes.

I don't mind people making bulk changes; I just want to avoid people abusing the feature by "spamming" join/leave requests.

Rev Jim,

I have made some changes to the skin being used so that when images are turned off, the menu background should be a color that allows the menu options to show up better. Check it out and let me know if that is better or not. I also fixed the text on the Charter page. Thanks.

Sorry about the delayed reply my e-mail was down and didn't get the notifications of your post.
It looks better now, good work!

Included 2 more screen shots so you can see what I see now.

With images off:

Charter page:

I'm posting this on my birthday (one year younger!), so that tells you how dedicated I am to this site! :D

Back