Seeking volunteers to help test new Tribe of Judah web site

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
The new Tribe of Judah site currently in development isn't the best kept secret around, but now it's no secret at all--it's front page (well, forum) news!

rhematom has been hard at work on the next ToJ web site, built on DotNetNuke. Tom has laid the foundations, but now we need getting the site ready to go live and replace the current site at http://www.toj.cc/

That's where you all come in: We need as many volunteers as are willing to help test the site and add content. If you are interested in helping with this very important project, please post a reply to this thread and/or send a PM to rhematom.

You do not need web development experience to help, so no excuses! The more help Tom gets, the sooner the next ToJ site can officially go live!

And for those who are curious, the new site (again, not official yet as it's still in development) is located at http://www.tojudah.com/

So let's get to work, help Tom out, and make the new site the official site as soon as possible!

I can try to break things if that's what you want.

Seriously tho, I'm not a coding guru, but I have admin'ed a couple of sites and would be willing to put it through the paces.

Anyone wanting to help should apply for an account just like you were applying to join ToJ again at http://www.tojudah.com/Join.aspx - but please also post a reply in this thread if you haven't already.

As for trying to break the site: Don't play dirty (e.g. no DDOS attacks) but please report any bugs and security issues to rhematom immediately.

/bump

Still looking for more volunteers.

I don't have a lot of free time, but I can test it on the spare time that I do have.

And I have a few non-standard browsers installed so I might find some odd visual things that might help. That is, if you still need more help.

I don't have a lot of free time, but I can test it on the spare time that I do have.

And I have a few non-standard browsers installed so I might find some odd visual things that might help. That is, if you still need more help.
Most definitely! Any and all help is appreciated.

Initial feedback: good start, but would like the name fields removed.

Recommended:
Both fields as optional

Labeling:
First Name (optional!)
Last Name (optional!)

Even better:
Do the above, but also add a nickname field.

I signed up today and can help test things out. The page that comes up after joining seems to have an html problem with the email address mentioned in the paragraph:
Thank you for applying to join Tribe of Judah. Your application should be processed within 24-48 hours. If you have not received a response after 48 hours, please check your e-mail junk folders and send an e-mail to <a href="mailto:membership@toj.cc">membership@toj.cc</a> if you still can not find any message from Tribe of Judah Membership Administrators.
Here's a thumbnail:

Do we have a thread to report issues?

What html problem? The html looks right to me. Does your email client allow html?

I didn't use an email client. You must not have clicked on the thumbnail. The paragraph in the quote is what I saw on the website itself. I use Chrome as a browser. I've never had a problem at other sites. I'll fill it out again using a Test profile and do it on IE and see if I get the same problem.

What html problem? The html looks right to me. Does your email client allow html?
I did a test registration using IE 10 and got the same result on the page that comes up after registering. Here's an image of the page. Personally, I think there's a problem when html code shows up to the end user. Also, there's two periods after the last sentence.

Last edited:
Sorry, did not see the thumbnail. I see the problem and will get it corrected.

EDIT: Fixed now.

Last edited:
Excellent! Let us know what you would like us to do to test out features of the site. I'm looking forward to it going live!

Back