Reborn Recuitment

pets are really only useful for the first 15 levels or so, unless your specced into them

Other then it being a buff that heals me, the druid pest, or I should say Pet is junk really!

I like the bonuses to my Melee Justicar Spec but I really could do without it.

BUT This is a bit off subject

AS FOR RECRUITING:

Its not persecution I am worried about in fact I am willing to endure it, its the flames that could end up causing the devs to shut down our thread that I am a bit concerned with. If our thread becomes too much of an issue, the fear would for me be that we would not have a thread all together.

I know EVE initially shut down LOJ's recruitment thread due to the issues they were having on the forums with it. They actually had to fight it and in fact won, in the end, but it was an issue.

This said, with only registered members to Rift having access to post we may very well have less of an issue with the trolls, but I know trolls will be roaming these threads like a roaring lion looking to devour (oh wait that’s a different troll).

For what ever the motive some people will come to our thread and attempt to cause well meaning Christians to enflame the subject more. This is the main reason for my caution is to make sure we say for sure that we will not feed the trolls so they will not enflame something we are using to recruit. I only wish to caution that these people are the swine that are coming around to trample the pearl of great price. Many of the people who act like this are not there to be ministered too they are close minded, their hearts and conscience are hardened and they will be hateful. Unlike in 1 on 1 you can not communicate the true intentions of your heart well in posts. For this reason if this happens we should endeavor to pray for their salvation, but I do not think we would convince them on a forum thread.

This is not to say we will not have a few seekers come to us through this, and I will say if that happens Praise God for our chance to minister, but I would wager it would be more effective in PM’s or some other way rather then in our recruitment thread. (now you may disagree with me on these subjects but this is how I feel about it.)

I am all for full disclosure of what we are and who we are and what we expect, I just want it tapered with enough love to actually be salt in the forums.

Last edited:
So in summation, don't be so in your face with what we are, but still communicate effectively what we are all about? And if attacked/trolled, then "water off a ducks back"? If so, I couldn't agree more.

OK this is a mash up of various thoughts posted here and elsewhere. Let me know what you all think. This is not final, so please input, but as soon as the server names are posted we should jump on posting the final version in all forums and fansites.

“Hear ye! Hear ye! Fellow citizens of Telara, we are enduring the attacks of the rifts but in this fight every able body is called upon. Do you have a mastery of the arcane? Are you Strong like an ox? Are you nimble like a jaguar? Are you gifted in healing? You are needed in this fight!

The Gods have gifted us with rebirth, we have new life as the Ascended! We have come to fight and we will surly win this war!”

Introducing <Reborn> a Christian Guild found on the RP-PVP-server, Sunrest. We fight for the Guardian faction. We are out to enjoy Rift in every way that we can. We are not a roleplay-required guild though some of us may enjoy that aspect. We will be active in all parts of gameplay especially the open pvp that our server represents.

We are seeking other like-minded Christian Gamers to join us as we defend Telara from the Rifts and the misguided Defiant.

<Reborn> is part of a much larger group of Christian Gamers from the Tribe of Judah (link) and the Lions of Judah (link) Organizations. Together, ToJ and LoJ have over 3,000 members active in many games ranging from WoW to League of Legends. Across 14 different games our members have enjoyed time together in respectful mature groups, which maintain a family friendly environment.

If you’re interested in strong fellowship and team work, check out our web site or contact one of our officers if you have any questions.

TL: DR version
"<Reborn> is a Christian guild whose purpose is to have fun and glorify God while doing it. Specifically, we are looking for members who want a family safe guild and share our core values. Whether you quest, raid, craft or level do it all for the glory of God."

I like it!

Once you put it up on each site lets get all the links so we can keep them bumped a bit, keeping in mind the rules from Rift forums to keep it bumped without BUMP Posts...

Here is a proofread version...sorry I can't help myself...I think I am an editor at heart!

“Hear ye! Hear ye! Fellow citizens of Telara, Rifts attack us from everywhere and in this fight every able body is called upon! Are you a master of the arcane arts? Are you strong like an Ox? Are you nimble like a Jaguar? Are you gifted in healing the wounded? You are needed in this fight! This fight for Telara's survival!

The Gods have gifted us with rebirth, we have new life as the Ascended! Now we come to fight and we will surely win this war!”

Introducing <Reborn> a Christian Guild on the RP-PVP-server, Sunrest. We fight for the Guardian faction and we strive to enjoy Rift in every way that we can. We are not a roleplay-required guild, although some of us may enjoy that aspect of gaming. We will be active in all aspects of gameplay, especially the open-world pvp that our type of server promotes!

We are seeking other like-minded Christian Gamers to join us as we defend Telara from the Rifts and the misguided Defiant.

<Reborn> is part of a much larger group of Christian Gamers from the Tribe of Judah (link) and the Lions of Judah (link). Together, ToJ and LoJ have over 3,000 members active in many games and genres, ranging from WoW to League of Legends. Across 14 different games our members have enjoyed time together in respectful mature groups, which maintain a family friendly environment and have fun.

If you’re interested in strong fellowship and team work, check out our website or contact one of our officers if you have any questions.

TL: DR version
"<Reborn> is a Christian guild whose purpose is to have fun and glorify God while doing it. Specifically, we are looking for members who want a family safe guild and share our core values. Whether you quest, raid, craft or level do it all for the glory of God."

I also would suggest maybe some anti-troll phrases to end the thread like:

'Trolls beware, God destroyed dinosaurs during the flood he surely is keeping an eye on your species...seriously though...we are here to have fun and play a video game with link-minded individuals...we will simply ignore flames and trolling..."

I also would suggest maybe some anti-troll phrases to end the thread like:

'Trolls beware, God destroyed dinosaurs during the flood he surely is keeping an eye on your species...seriously though...we are here to have fun and play a video game with link-minded individuals...we will simply ignore flames and trolling..."

lol You mean?

we are here to have fun and play a video game with like-minded individuals

LOL just giving you a hard time man...

Say what do you teach anyways? English? (I hate english myself but I am more of a Science Guy)

Thanks! Needed the proof reading for sure! I am down for the anti-troll comment. (not that it will work but its fun)

Back