Reborn Recuitment

That is a good point tom, the way we advertise will effect the type of legitimate responders we get.

Unfet, I totally get that new members have to be ToJ and Believers, I just think some of that discussion should be in PMs and emails and some should be public on the forum post, just trying to get an idea of where the line should be.

I am leaning towards a more full disclosure post even tho I know that will bring out more trolls. I will work on it this week. If anyone is good with creative writing and wants to work on the recruiting post, feel free to suggest some content.

"Reborn is a Christian guild whose purpose is to have fun and glorify God while doing it. Specifically, we will are looking for members who want a family safe guild and that share our core values. Whether you quest, raid, craft or level do it all for the glory of God."

Meh, I don't know.

Trolls? Persecution means we are doing something right. :D I'm interested in playing a game and making friends that I don't have to worry about hiding my faith. When I play WoW, I'm in a guild that cusses, swears, makes fun of people and kicks others that aren't up to snuff. It's just irritating and I'm ready for a change. Rift is a chance to start fresh and in starting over I want to do it with Christian brothers and sisters.

Also, I wanted to post my thoughts on a build... Without playing the game, this seems like a good Mage set up: Pyro/Elemental/Dominator. I hear the best leveling is Necro/Warlock/Dominator, but I don't know. Have any of you tried a mage? I'll know later today in open beta.

Last edited:
Not to cause turmoil as the new guy, but do we know that Sunrest is going to stay PVP-RP? I personally don't want RP...I just want world PvP :/

The server names are all going to change with launch, so we are waiting the final list to decide. Many of us feel the RP server is a good choice because it has much stricter naming conventions, and won't let ppl run around as "yourMomma" and "IpwnYou" Plus it tends to draw in a little more mature players.

No one really RPs these days and Rift is not a MMO that has a lot of RP features so I think it's a safe way to go.

The biggest reason to go RP is that we can hold community outreach events with much greater support. Since the guardians are a bit of religious zealots, we can use the RP server as support to have events where we get to "preach" a little bit. :) I think that can be a huge win.

I've never done RP, but I've heard that people can take it too seriously and get a little carried away (DON'T EVER LEAVE CHARACTER!!!). You know what I mean? Just don't expect me to learn elvish :p I trust your guys judgement.

Also, I've played for about 2 hours (level 8). THIS GAME IS GREAT! If it only gets better we are in for a treat.

No we were going to be a all Dwarf group that was going to drink and grunt all day. Hey no out of character Bob! you know your dwarf would never pick flowers!

I have a build question. Is there a combination that will let me be a rogue spellcaster with a pet? More specifically, I want to play dual-wielding melee class that has access to a handful of offense spells. I'm a fan of DoT spells, but doesn't have to be. Think mage with melee capabilities when needed.

I have a build question. Is there a combination that will let me be a rogue spellcaster with a pet? More specifically, I want to play dual-wielding melee class that has access to a handful of offense spells. I'm a fan of DoT spells, but doesn't have to be. Think mage with melee capabilities when needed.

Rogue has alot of different types of game play. You can go pet class with Ranger, you can go Melee class, you can go AOE Range with Sabatage, you can go off healer with Bard, or you can go tank spec.

The way I see it if your looking for tha combo that can go melee or range its one of the best...

Yeah Nightblade/Riftstalker is pretty good...the blinks get you behind the mage and break LOS...look at it :)

Bladedancer also works well with nightblade

Yeah Nightblade/Riftstalker is pretty good...the blinks get you behind the mage and break LOS...look at it :)

Bladedancer also works well with nightblade

Ok, to follow up. I've been playing nightblade/ranger/riftstalker for a few hours now. It seems that their is some overlap between nightblade and ranger. The range weapons on the ranger seems like overlap due to ranged spells from the nightblade. I really only wanted ranger for the pets (seems like pets are almost a necessity in this game). Also, the riftstalker seems to overlap as well in their use of finishers and such, but they have some nice perks. Just having a hard time deciding what to go with because of the overlapping...maybe it's not relevant at higher levels.

Last edited:
Back