Reborn Recuitment

tagtarsis

Hello friends,

I know we will get a lot of great members from the Christian Guilds within the Alliance but I wanted to also touch base about recruitment outside of ToJ, LoJ and CGA.

If we can come up with a great guild recruitment post we would be set to grow this by encouraging other Christians to join us.

I know this is a basic thought but I also know I wanted to point out the ANTI-BUMPING policy that we will face. Here is the thread if you would like to read it, or I am also going to quote the important parts below. http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?28283-Thread-Bumping-in-the-Guild-Forums

This is your one chance to show everyone what your guild is about, so make it count! Instead of posting a "bump" post in your guild recruitment thread, here are some great ways to keep your thread active and visible:

•Post about guild news and events.
•Tell everyone about your recruitment efforts and updates.
•Share some fun facts or history about your guild.
•Have your members post testimonials about your guild.
•Welcome new guild members or announce promotions.
•Post about guild website updates.
•Share anything else you can think of that someone searching for a guild might like to know about you.

So lets work together to keep it bumped up but in such a way as to follow thier rules.

Just thought I would bring this up.

Post any ideas you might have for the recuitment thread here if you have any

nice find Tag, that will be good to know. I am glad they are putting some rules like this into place. I can't wait for retail launch so they can close down all the negative nancy comments that are rampant from the haters. So many people in game are playing it and loving it but the trolls are out in force on the forums. (as always)

So for general recruitment what do you think? Should we try to explain why a Christian guild? Or just announce it and speak to the logistics? Obviously it will be a possible hot topic, so the wording needs to avoid looking like we are elitist or acting better then others.

So for general recruitment what do you think? Should we try to explain why a Christian guild? Or just announce it and speak to the logistics? Obviously it will be a possible hot topic, so the wording needs to avoid looking like we are elitist or acting better then others.

I dont feel we should have to explain ourselves unless a dev or someone tries to really make it a real issue.

The way I see it is that we should just state the obvious. Chirstian Guild located on Sunrest Server Guardian Faction. We do intend to PvP and we will protect our faction. Come Join us for some strong friendships and fellowship. (my opinion of this at least)

I guess I just see it as we are Christians playing together same as some group of drinking buddies playing together in the guild called Fat lootz.

My opinion of the hot topic is that I am happy to discuss my religious beliefs with someone who is being respectful but I am not going to feed trolls. They are free to post there and if we have any kind of control over the thread we just delete them, if we must we repot them for trolling and get it removed. If its just a basic I dont agree with you, im fine with it, on the bright side it gets us bumped to the top :eek: .

We will get trolls and we might bring a bit of attention to ourselves by way of people seeking us out for our belief but I do not see that as being a real issue. I think we can rest on who we are and what we are doing, and let the flames die without us poking them, to stur up the embers.

Thats my opinion of it.

I can't wait for retail launch so they can close down all the negative nancy comments that are rampant from the haters. So many people in game are playing it and loving it but the trolls are out in force on the forums. (as always)

I agree. Its the sqeeky wheel yea know!

I read alot of posts last night and I came to the conclusion that most people are just unhappy people. Overall the improvements made on Beta 6 were taken well, but some didnt like the tougher pve, however I have to say I dont want to cruise to top level with no difficulty.

I do hope that everyone gives it a shot, because I think once they understand the class system they will love this game.

I did notice 2 people on the forums that posted looking for guild who identified themselves as Christians so I sent them bot PM's. I do not think they have looked at them and I think that the one was posted in December but if we keep our eyes out we will find people who are Christians looking for a family friendly guild.

Last edited:
I recommend making a brief post on the Christian Forums Gamer Zone Forum announcing the creation of the guild and explaining who we are.

Hey, Its Obed here from LoJ. I look forward to playing with you guys once this comes out. I especially like the PVP aspect. Anything I can do to help, let me know.

I think a post on the forums stating Christian is a must, the trolls will come but will not diswaid the people actually looking for us.

I just wonder how much to hi-light the Christian part. Like for example:

(the tread-lightly)
"Introducing Reborn - a Christian Rift guild, we will do pvp/pve..., see our website..."

Or

(the full-on)
"Introducing Reborn - Do you wish your guild chat was clean and family friendly? Are you excited about Christian fellowship in your guild? Does a Daily bible verse for the guild MotD interest you? Then we are the Christian rift guild for you."

Last edited:
Introducing...

Hey guys, my name is Jake. Jesus Christ is my lord and savior. I've been playing WoW for awhile and wouldn't mind trying something different. I have pre-purchased Rift and want to invest my time in a guild that shares my beliefs and where I don't have to worry about immature people cussing left and right.

Previously, I'm a fan of ranged DPS and healing.
I have signed up for open beta...I'll be sure to get on the Sunrest server with the Guardians.

Happy to have you! Look forward to talking with you in game.

I might make a Guardian this beta, BUT I wanted to finish checking out the trade skill system and the AH system. I had sold a buch of stuff before the last beta ended.

Just the Beta we were playing Defiant, would switch to Guardian on live game, come lauch, we just wanted to see what they had in the start up.

BUT at launch we will be all Guardian.

As for the friendly group without all the drama I can agree with you on that.

Yes for Open beta we are planning to continue with the Defiant toons on Sunrest, but switch to Guardian for launch.

I just read that server names will change for launch, so we will have to stay tuned for the official launch server name.

To answer OP's question. I think more towards the latter. The reason being is that we need a certain amount of discretion as to who we let in the guild for their benefit and ours. If we play down the "christian" aspect of our guild then we'll attract people who will play it down. If, however, you make it a defining trait of our guild, then you will filter out people. After all, 2 billion people claim to be "christian" but we all know that's not the case.

Just my 2 cents from the new guy.

Ewok,

Due to being a TOJ guild we need to have it forefront that we are a Christian fellowship guild as if they are not members of TOJ no entrada for them. So they already profess their faith and agree to the terms from there it is our job to make sure the people in the guild continue the standards they agreed to.

Back