Raiding this fall... *READ THIS!*

They were healadins rolling for the +crit on the sword.

And now TANKS want the DPS caster swards.... WhAtS ThE wOrLd CoMmInG tO?!?!?!?!?!

Sponge Oddbob Squishy Caster Pants doesn't want his tanks to have more threat generation?

Besides, everyone knows the mageblade was incorrectly named. Pallyblade is much more fitting.

Just curious how to reach 16% spell hit, or what talent helps out with this.
Devastation, 3rd tier in Destruction tree. This is a very good single target DPS spec. Link

CoE
Immolate
Conflag
Immolate
Incinerate until immolate wears off
Immolate
Conflag
You get the idea.

Edit.... I saw crit... not hit... My mistake =O

Last edited:
I do not believe there are any talents that help with +to hit. All you need is 75 or 6 to be capped. Its easy to get.

Tripple post ftw.

I noticed for shadow priests you want them to spec w/ 3/3 in meditation, however i don't exactly see that being a great benefit for myself as I have Vamp Touch, Shadowfiend with my current spec.
Alhana's Spec

With focused casting i gain substantial benefits if I'm hit by a crit as i can cast mind flay uninterrupted and i gain a 20% bonus to resist other interrupts such as fears and spell damages which i've noticed in boss fights that fear or do AoE splash damage I can continue to do damage while other casters or melee are running around from fears or lose casting time from AoE. I also noticed the 16% to Spell Hit which I think is a bit high considering Shadow Priests have Shadow focus. I can't remember the last time I had a Spell resisted or missed in a heroic instance or Kara. That's just my 2 cents on it.
I think u have a awsome spec dude! i love it but i look at the spec u have to have i mean just stay with yours! it is better :D
(FYI it is in the Blizz TOS says that you can not make someone respec to raid. Or IE be a member of a origination out side of the World of Warcraft, to join a said guild. All the list of the WoW TOS can be found at these links.)
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/legal/termsofuse.html
http://www.blizzard.com/support/wowgm/?id=agm01712p

I think u have a awsome spec dude! i love it but i look at the spec u have to have i mean just stay with yours! it is better :D
(FYI it is in the Blizz TOS says that you can not make someone respec to raid. Or IE be a member of a origination out side of the World of Warcraft, to join a said guild. All the list of the WoW TOS can be found at these links.)
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/legal/termsofuse.html
http://www.blizzard.com/support/wowgm/?id=agm01712p

Are you absolutely sure there Jaxter? Did you even read the Terms of Service? Where in the TOS does it mention that because that is exactly what we do? You have to be a part of ToJ to be in Redeemed. The only thing I could find in the ToS is related to the naming of guilds with no other mention of groups or organizations. Please reference the section you got your info from in instead of just making a broad statement and pointing to a wall of text as your backup.

Being a Rogue that 25 man crit hit is really hard to get if you are not combat daggers or combat claw. If you are any other spec then it should be 22%. I knew with full Kara gear if I respec to combat sword I would have 24.66% crit. Just thought I would toss my two cents in.

Regarding +spell hit for all casters: 76 hit is the cap with 5/5 spell hit talent. 101 hit before you can go to 4/5. 126 hit before you can do 3/5. 152 hit before you can do 2/5. 177 hit before you can do 1/5. 202 hit before you can do 0/5.
I cant find a talent for Warlocks or for Priests that gives +to hit... there are ones that help against resistance... but it is'nt the same (I think...).

I always thought that 76 was the cap.

Could someone please point out where they are? :confused:

Last edited:
Shadow Focus 5/5 gives you 10% hit for shadow priests.
Suppression 5/5 gives your Affliction spells 10% chance for enemies to not resist them.

Bosses are level 73 which gives them 17% total chance to resist your spells. 1% will always be unavoidable leaving you 16% that you are able to surpass. 76 spell hit rating is just above 6%, plus another 10% from talents gives you the magic 16%.

Devastation, 3rd tier in Destruction tree. This is a very good single target DPS spec. Link

CoE
Immolate
Conflag
Immolate
Incinerate until immolate wears off
Immolate
Conflag
You get the idea.

Edit.... I saw crit... not hit... My mistake =O

Yeah, I already have +7% spell hit, and the only talent to up +hit is Suppression and I have 0 points in Affliction and I like it that way, 0/21/40.;)I honestly cast very few Affliction spells CoS being the main one, and I am shadow spec destruction so +crit is very important to me.I'm looking to reach the magic 30% mark, that way i can keep the Improved Shadowbolt debuff up all the time. And it's very hard to balance +hit, +crit and +damage.

Last edited:
I'm looking to reach the magic 30% mark, that way i can keep the Improved Shadowbolt debuff up all the time. And it's very hard to balance +hit, +crit and +damage.

My lock DPS'd with fire damage. Indeed, it is going to be tough to get the required amount of +hit, +crit and +dmg on one character, and STILL DPS your heart out.

healing requirements

i looked at the bonus healing required for holy pallys to go to kara and it may not be any of my business but i think that it should be increased to 950 or 1000 as the standard. i remember starting with 1139 bonus healing because i tried to go with a higher standard for my healing and i bet alot of others healers , pally or not, try for a higher standard then what is needed. its just a healers thought.

oh nuts. i don't meet the 25-man gear requirements. actually, i also don't make the kara gear requirements (62 mana/5). rats.

My lock DPS'd with fire damage. Indeed, it is going to be tough to get the required amount of +hit, +crit and +dmg on one character, and STILL DPS your heart out.

Well, the more I research the 16% +hit requirement for warlocks the more it sounds unreasonable, unreasonable because the talent that is required to reach this magic number (suppression) only effects Affliction based spells. It doesnt effect Shadowbolt, any fire based spells or Soul Shatter (which is by far the most important spell for most warlocks cuz it wipes aggro from us). Even for an Affliction spec'd Warlock who I'm pretty sure still spams Shadow Bolts or Incinerate for direct damage only +hit aquired from gear will help. 5/5 Points in Suppression seems like a high price to pay so that 2-4 dots will land when most of these are instant casts and your 2.5-3.5 second cast DD spells still have the same chance to be resisted since they dont benefit from Suppression. All feedback is welcome.:)

Back