Raid focused?

Thanks grim! this is exactly what I wanted to confirm. I certainly dont mind if we are not ranked either, although it was pretty cool to be up there and show that the misconception most ppl have of a christian guild is completely false. :)

Thanks for the Feedback Grim.

Also Sarugon, I also want to point out, that I thought the looting was fair while with Redeemed, McFierce would hand out loots according to Main Spec, Secondary Spec.
After a time, of playing this game and after raiding so much, our toons will have all the epic drops, so when someone who doesn't raid as often decides to raid, most of the loot will be there's anyway, because all the "hardcore" raiders would have gotten most of the loots from raiding so much anyway.

As a matter of fact, now that I think of it, there were times when I raided with Redeemed and there was someone who was on in "blues" raiding a 25man raid, and he pretty much got every single loot that dropped, not because he had crappy gear, but because everyone else had that loot or even better. Most of the time the "hardcore" raiders, raided for badges and not necessarily the drops.

So again, it just depends on your playing style, there will be people who LOVE to raid and there will be people who don't care much for it, heck there will be people who probably don't care for casual or raiding, but rather focus strictly on PvP. Don't fret on where this guild will go, just know that a part of it will focus on Raiding, it is a must, that shouldn't even come into question. And yet, part of it will be casual/fun and some of it may be PvP.

just wait until Grim comes up with the policies for Raiding and Game playing, from there we can make amendments.

I saw an interview the other day where bioware said that you can hit lv 50 and start raiding right away without the gear grind. It will be an "entry lv" raid so anyone can jump right in and give it a go but they will also have a harder mode that most experienced raiders will find challenging and drop better gear than the "more casual" one.

I think this is a great idea because I expect there will be a lot of first time MMORPG players in TOR just because they are fans of the IP. I also think this is a good idea because I don't like grinding out gear because I HAVE to. I already have a job, my mmo doesn't need to feel like a second one. I do however like running a bunch of heroics with guildies for fun, the gear is just a bonus.

I saw an interview the other day where bioware said that you can hit lv 50 and start raiding right away without the gear grind. It will be an "entry lv" raid so anyone can jump right in and give it a go but they will also have a harder mode that most experienced raiders will find challenging and drop better gear than the "more casual" one.

I think this is a great idea because I expect there will be a lot of first time MMORPG players in TOR just because they are fans of the IP. I also think this is a good idea because I don't like grinding out gear because I HAVE to. I already have a job, my mmo doesn't need to feel like a second one. I do however like running a bunch of heroics with guildies for fun, the gear is just a bonus.

Yeah, I had seen that there are multiple difficulties for the raids. Hearing that at least one of them is designed to be done as soon as you hit level cap is a great addition as well. I've always thought that raids should be designed so that the average player should be able to do them and see the content and the devs should just add higher difficulties for more serious players. In the past Bioware has actually done a pretty good job of having varying difficulties in their single player games. I'm hopeful that will prove to be true in TOR as well.

In the past Bioware has actually done a pretty good job of having varying difficulties in their single player games. I'm hopeful that will prove to be true in TOR as well.

Wonder if anything will be as difficult as playing KOTOR on hard as a scoundrel/consular. Trying to beat Bendak Starkiller like that was indescribably frustrating.

Wonder if anything will be as difficult as playing KOTOR on hard as a scoundrel/consular. Trying to beat Bendak Starkiller like that was indescribably frustrating.

Lol... I remember doing that. Try ME2 on Insanity as a vanguard. I got to the point in KOTOR that even on the highest difficulty there weren't any significant challenges for me. ME2 on instanity is still really hard. Dragon Age 2 on insanity was nigh impossible as a rogue.

Last edited:
Thanks for the Feedback Grim.

Also Sarugon, I also want to point out, that I thought the looting was fair while with Redeemed, McFierce would hand out loots according to Main Spec, Secondary Spec.

Missed your post somehow or I would have responded to it in my last one. Even given my rather short experience back in WotLK with Mcfierce as a raid leader, it would take a lot more than just fair looting policies to get me to raid with him again. For me, raiding is more about the experience, and certain people disrupt that. I'll leave it at that.

Grimbeorn said:
Lol... I remember doing that. Try ME2 on Insanity as a vanguard. I got to the point in KOTOR that even on the highest difficulty there weren't any significant challenges for me. ME2 on instanity is still really hard. Dragon Age 2 on insanity was nigh impossible as a rogue.

I remember playing through Dragon Age 1 as a rogue thinking it was on normal, not realizing that I had it set on insanity the whole time until the last level. Though I have heard Dargon Age 2 is much harder

Even given my rather short experience back in WotLK with Mcfierce as a raid leader, it would take a lot more than just fair looting policies to get me to raid with him again. For me, raiding is more about the experience, and certain people disrupt that. I'll leave it at that.

I'm not sure what experience you had in our raid environment that caused you to have a bad time, but I would hope that we have grown and learned from it. I apologize for whatever it was that I did to taint your raiding experience as it was not my intent.

I'm not sure what experience you had in our raid environment that caused you to have a bad time, but I would hope that we have grown and learned from it. I apologize for whatever it was that I did to taint your raiding experience as it was not my intent.

I apologize, shouldn't have said something like that on the forums. Sometimes I say strongly worded things (or type them rather) without realizing the implications. My post was also worded poorly, which made it seem like you were the reason that I wouldn't want to raid with Redeemed anymore, which wasn't really my intent. Sorry about that.

In defense of both Sarugon and McFierce, raiding with Redeemed, while with the "main" raid group, in my opinion of course, was very serious. And what I mean by that, Fierce's intentions was very focused to completing the mission.

For example, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe in order to raid with the "main" raid group you HAD to know the boss fights. And if you didn't you put the whole raid group in jeopardy. I did kind of like the way Fierce led the raid group, very focused with the intentions very clear. Maybe some people not used to that style of leadership it might bother them, for me, I enjoyed it, spending 6 years in Marine Corp, I liked his leadership style and/or I may have just been used to it. I truly believe that our guild should carry over the same concept, of having the raid be focused and intent on completing the downing of any boss. So even for the casual gamer, such as myself, it forces us to learn and educate ourselves for the greater good of the whole.

I know frustration carries over when we fail at something, even something as simple as a game, McFierce definitely let his frustration be heard. But that's to be expected from someone who leads with his type of style.

I know we always said a prayer before each raid, and it was always noted to have God, help keep ALL of our emotions in check ;)

I always enjoyed Fierce leading as well. If you were doing something wrong, he let you know. Knowing the fights should be mandatory, as not doing so pretty much meant a wipe in wow raiding. Honestly, if you got yelled at a lot, you probably deserved it lol. I know i got yelled at a few times myself.

Back