Question for Women...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]IF women were so war-like as men, and if they were so strong as men. Then why dont they go up in arms and take over? because they are not as war like as men and because they would have no chance. Not to mention most men would probobly say "aww look at the little lady with a gun" Not to say she is lesser then us, no no. But different.

Not necessarily. Boudicca and Joan of Arc. One was a fierce (Though unsuccessful) Briton female warrior who fought the Romans.

Joan of Arc, again a female, was supposedly inspired by God. Strange that women are supposed to be under the protectorate of men, yet God specifically chose her to lead the fight.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ByblosHex @ Sep. 29 2004,11:31)]IF women were so war-like as men, and if they were so strong as men. Then why dont they go up in arms and take over? because they are not as war like as men and because they would have no chance. Not to mention most men would probobly say "aww look at the little lady with a gun" Not to say she is lesser then us, no no. But different.
What kind of loony talk is that?

Take over? Take over what? The world?

Warlike? Who said men were warlike??

SO now you doubt men are warlike? THen why is it so that in the known history of man only 300 years have had global peace?

Toke over, why dont they fight for equality as you call it? If they are as strong as us and as war-like then they would just get up in arms against us?

NOw of course there are a few exceptions obviously, there are women who are stronger then most men, but once again. Look at the olympics for example. and compare the strongest man to the strongest woman, Its no competition. Compare the fastest man to the fastest woman, once again not even close. There are exceptoins but the rule is still so. Men are stronger then women.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]SO now you doubt men are warlike? THen why is it so that in the known history of man only 300 years have had global peace?

Don't know where you got that from. It is estimated in the last century alone, we have had only 30 minutes of peace.

Also, your point refers to humanity in general. MAN is in the gender were not specifically responsible for wars. There are a large numbers of influences and it is not males who always cause wars. Ideals and necessities do.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Toke over, why dont they fight for equality as you call it? If they are as strong as us and as war-like then they would just get up in arms against us?

Are you suggesting that every female who felt oppressed should take up arms and go on the rampage? Your definition of fighting is very narrow. Why have women taken firms to court over sexist situations, like remarks by male colleagues and sacking when they become pregnant?

Also, you are dismissing the militant suffragete movement in the early 1900's. They were pretty violent, from assaults to harrasment, even arson and vandalism. Violence is not the sole domain of men.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]NOw of course there are a few exceptions obviously, there are women who are stronger then most men, but once again. Look at the olympics for example. and compare the strongest man to the strongest woman, Its no competition. Compare the fastest man to the fastest woman, once again not even close. There are exceptoins but the rule is still so. Men are stronger then women.

So cos I'm weaker than my peers at school, does that mean they should hide me away and stop me facing the everyday rigours of life? Females have put up with a lot over history. I think the least they deserve is to have a say in wether they feel they should be 'protected' against the big bad world or not.

Man creates these Ideals and does the fighting.... the Ideals dont go to war the men do.

I think women should do as the bible teaches and help us, not fight our battles for us.

You are truly mindboggling.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]SO now you doubt men are warlike? THen why is it so that in the known history of man only 300 years have had global peace?

MAN, as in HUMANITY, is warlike. It has nothing to do with MEN. Look at the Amazons, they were pretty warlike now weren't they?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Toke over, why dont they fight for equality as you call it? If they are as strong as us and as war-like then they would just get up in arms against us?

What the heck? Haven't you ever heard of the Women's Suffrage Movement? They DID fight, they ARE fighting, they HAVE BEEN fighting for their equality. There is no need to wage physical war to achieve your means. Do you think women always had the right to vote? Do you think women always were paid equally to men? Sheesh, crack a history book.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]NOw of course there are a few exceptions obviously, there are women who are stronger then most men, but once again. Look at the olympics for example. and compare the strongest man to the strongest woman, Its no competition. Compare the fastest man to the fastest woman, once again not even close. There are exceptoins but the rule is still so. Men are stronger then women.

Why is this all about strength? Again, open up a history book and look at the way battles have been fought. We don't stand in a line, raise our swords and attack the enemy's line. Technology has changed all that and is leveling the playing field as far as women being able to be combatants. Didn't you see Starship Troopers???

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I think women should do as the bible teaches and help us, not fight our battles for us.

No offense, but this is quite mysoginistic.

Basically, your philosophy is the proverbial pat on the head and, 'there, there. Go home and read while we big men do everything.'

Try reading A Doll's House by Henrik Ibsen. It illustrates the way in which the male-dominated society treated women- as helpless, ignorant and incapable of independence from men.

Fight OUR battles for US? It is like they are a different species. What affects our gender affects theirs. They are human too. They want the same things, have the same desires, suchas that of defending themselves and their homes. At least four girls from my current class are joining the Military in some fashion or other, of which three are directly involved in combat. Not one single male is considering the military, at least not to my knowledge.

The idea of men fighting and women not is some kind of pride thing left over from the days of male-orientated society. Do you have some kind of problem thinking of women defending you? Would that shame you?

Meh, I was going to respond to Byblos' last post, but you did a good enough job for me Jim
smile.gif

Here's a question;

Byblos, you state that women are physically inferior to men. How about this;

Suppose a strength limit was established, a mean strength level where everyone, regardless of a persons gender, if they surpassed it, would be expected to serve fully in infantry etc, no punches pulled. Everyone below this limit will be disallowed access to frontline combat.

In your eyes, this would STILL be unacceptable. Why? We know men and women are inherently different, we all know that. But if strength and physical ability was such an important factor to you, why do you suppose ALL women, regardless of wether they happen to be stronger individuals than their male counterparts, be forbidden from participating?

In addition, Do you have any reason besides God's law on why women should not ask anybody outside their husband for advice? I would HATE to be in that position. I wouldn't like to be in absolute control of my wife, if ever I get married. To me, she wouldn't feel like a person, but a child. Being a 'father' figure to a woman is not my idea of a marriage. To me, the important thing is if she loves me and treats me as in independent individual, and I can do the same for her, there is no problem. I see no right on my part to demand she submit to me, as though I were her superior.

THta ist where my problem lies.... My problem is...
WOmen being drafted and forced into combat, Do you think they will be allowed to join and also be exempt form the draft?

I live in the UK. We don't have drafts anymore. But females still cannot fight on the frontline, like in the US.

If there was a draft, then I believe as someone (DV or Mr Bill) proposed, why not have a system where if two parents are selected, one must opt to stay behind, to prevent the children (if any) being without parents. I see nothing wrong with this.

And men can?

Before you reply, please don't repeat that men are 'stronger' and 'built for combat', you've already told us. You have a highly protective attitude of women. I think you should step aside and ask yourself: Should women decide? Should they decide if their lives should be put on the line?

I ask you this: Would you go and fight to defend your country?

They will not have the choice, they will be drafted! And forced! Its not a matter of allowing them to choose wether they want to or not, its a matter of deciding if they should be forced.

If the need came up I would fight for the USA yes.

Yes they would be drafted. FORCED then. Just as men are. If a system were put in place to ensure only one of any couple were drafted, then whats the problem? Why can men be forced and women can't?

And if you would fight to defend your country, what is wrong with allowing a patriotic female to fight, too? She has her right to protect her way of life, such as it is.

Byblos, we've been over and over the draft issue. I even gave you a link to what a member of the armed forces had to say about it.

You're one problem is that you don't want women to be FORCED to fight, you don't want them to be drafted. Remember Vietnam? MEN didn't want to be FORCED or drafted either. There is no difference when it comes to being forced to fight. It is perfectly plausible for women to be allowed VOLUNTARY access to the military WITHOUT being forced. Why won't you just accept that? IT IS POSSIBLE.

Say it with me...IT IS POSSIBLE FOR LAWS TO BE MADE TO ALLOW WOMEN TO VOLUNTARILY ENTER THE MILITARY WITHOUT HAVING WOMEN IN GENERAL AVAILABLE FOR THE DRAFT.

GOODNESS is all that this lady has to say at the present time. I usually stay quiet because I just never know where to start with what some of you say. Blessings,"Angel"

Byblos, you need to change your sig methinks. An open mind implies a willingness to approach all or at least multiple sides of an issue. You, however, seem vehemently opposed to this. All you are doing is mindlessly repeating yourself, despite our thorough debunking of virtually all your premises. Come on now, it's ok to be corrected. That's what it's like to have an open mind.

Back