PSYCHO CHRISTIAN ALERT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually this could well be the single biggest atrocity committed in the world, and the father of most of the pain and suffering in three continents.

http://www.u-s-history.com/pages/h1028.html

This treaty, the treaty of Tordesillas divided the non-Christian world between Spanish and Portugeuese conquistadors. It also coloured the treatment of natives by Dutch and British explorers too - as often they felt in a race to beat the Spanish and subjugation is quicker than economic exploitation.

This treaty led to the decimation of entire nations. Destroying populations by war, starvation, opression and disease.

Of course, the atrocities committed by God are MUCH more horrible than those committed by man.

That's assuming He exists! :p And tell me some things that God directly did that are worse than what man did.

The Spanish Inquisition
Salem Witch Trials
The Puritans
"Converting" Native American Indians
The struggle between the Protestants and Catholics in England (although I suppose that point is moot if you don't consider Catholics or Protestants "true" Christians)
What's wrong with Puritans or am I missing something.
Spanish Inquisition is also the distorted Christianity.
Forgive me for not reading my detailed history books, what happened during the conversion of Indians?
And I only know a little bit about the Salem Witch Trials, so I'll wikipedia it.

ChickenSoup said:
That's assuming He exists! :p And tell me some things that God directly did that are worse than what man did.

Why do you ask?

Because you honestly can't see them or you just enjoy my recounting the events?

I'll give you three to start:

1. The Flood
2. The Exodus
3. Killing children for calling a man bald.

What's wrong with Puritans or am I missing something.

You're missing a LOT.

Spanish Inquisition is also the distorted Christianity.

LOL, what ISN'T distorted Christianity?

Forgive me for not reading my detailed history books, what happened during the conversion of Indians?

You're serious aren't you?

And I only know a little bit about the Salem Witch Trials, so I'll wikipedia it.

I think there's a LOT of history you need to brush up on.

I could spend a ton of time explaining all this to you for you to discredit pretty much all of it because it came from an atheist.

Instead, I challenge YOU to learn a little something, hopefully objectively, about the history of Christianity.

I know you haven't been around long Jesh, but we like to take eachother seriously due to the serious issues discussed. People pour a lot of heart and thought in here, and maybe if you slow down and listen, you will get some little thing out of it. I'm not saying theres no room for laughter, but I say what you post falls under spamming.

...And I guess it doesn't matter if that was your way of saying, your leaving the forums

Like I said in another post but I forgot to add this on..."self-righteous judge, jury, and exicutioner". Is that serious & sincre enough for you? I'm done with this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back