Playing Female Characters

Thrawn said:
Wow. That's just scary, hehe. I mean, I took Physics a year ago, and something about that doesn't seem possible...

If memory serves, a woman will wear it tighter and tigher every year until it literally changes her body.

Victorian ladies wore these things like this, and folks in anachronistic societies that look toward the Victorian Era also wear these things.

It's akin to the tribes in Africa, where every year, a woman puts a ring around her neck. Which slowly stretches the neck, until it reaches a point where removing the rings would result in her neck being snapped from the weight.

That pipestem waist is only achievable by the "dedicated" (the corsetry world's term, not mine). This photo is a little more typical:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/MaidMirawyn/Weird Humor/WaspCreations.jpg

A corset does actually change the shape of the body underneath; it will reshape the ribs, if the corset is worn enough of the time, for long enough. It rearranges the liver, compresses the intestine, and can cause the stomach to shrink. There are many additional problems it can cause, and if you lace it tightly (like training for the four inches or more of waist reduction) you have to give up carbonated drinks completely. :eek:

By the way, some guys wear corsets. There is a famous male corsettier who has a 19" waist, which is a good bit smaller than mine!

If I ever made a game you would be able to select how small or big you were, even as a gnome. and you would have to eat to stay alive and if you didn't eat for a day of playing you would get weak and you wouldn't be able to do enough damage. However if you ate to much you would gain weight and that would affect how well you can move and how your charecter looked.

It's akin to the tribes in Africa, where every year, a woman puts a ring around her neck. Which slowly stretches the neck, until it reaches a point where removing the rings would result in her neck being snapped from the weight.
I believe you are referring to the Paduang women from the Karen tribe in Cambodia and thailand.
althought an african tribe might do that, I don't know.

and yeah, corsets would cause women to die early cuz it squishes their internal organs together. pretty disturbing.
corsets are really like the 80's... not a proud moment in women's fashion.

However if you ate to much you would gain weight and that would affect how well you can move and how your charecter looked.
cool idea. like if a person eats alot of junky food they get fat, but eat less they get skinnier. more excerise and melee fighting they get more muscular, etc? cool. really would make one's char unique.

Did anyone else find the picture that Mirawyn post disturbing? I think a lot of women are skinny enough already!! I almost puke when I see a really skinny model. example of too skinny the Olsen twins. Also this has too the largest thread I have ever seen since I have been in the guild!!

Dredd gets cookies for such a great answer!

206.jpg

Yes, I find the photo rather disturbing; the photo posted earlier by Razi is even worse. (By the way, I don't recommend browsing around on the site that earlier photo is from...)

Some women (and men, though far fewer) will actually have ribs removed! The record for the smallest waist on a living person, by the way, is 39 centimeters (15.35 inches). Yes, you read that right...

MaidMirawyn said:
Dredd gets cookies for such a great answer!

Yes, I find the photo rather disturbing; the photo posted earlier by Razi is even worse. (By the way, I don't recommend browsing around on the site that earlier photo is from...)

Yeah... word to the wise, don't browse that site, sorry. I google picture searched and just came up with the picture link. Ma bad.

Last edited:
Razi_Alaster said:
Yeah... word to the wise, don't browse that site, sorry. I google picture searched and just came up with the picture link. Ma bad.

Now you know why I put the picture I posted in my photobucket account! It wasn't a site I would recommend browsing... (I found the site when I was looking for instructions on the correct way to lace a Ren Fest bodice; that's also why I recognized Razi's site-it's one I ran from!)

Just curious, there *are* other women in the GW chapter, are there not? Or is Maid Mirawyn the only one (female) participating in this conversation?

Thanks for pointing that out. I wasn't going to gloat that I manage to hold my own against a whole forum of guys, but now that you brought it up....

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Seriously, I wish some of the other ladies would post!

Footnote: Did you know there is a limit to the number of smileys you can use in one message? :D Now you know...

Correct. Plus there's "Clara Bingham". I was told there are a total of five actual members who are female. (A few guys' wives play ocassionally, too.) But no one else ever posts (though "Clara" has posted at least once). :(

By the way, how did I do answering ChickenSoup's question?

My sister likes some video games (she currently has custody of Katamari Damacy, and keeps forgetting to return it). She's coming over this Saturday so we can play GW together. (She doesn't have DSL, so I'm letting her have a slot on my account.) She loves it. I think she wants to play an ele female (she played a ranger before), so I'll have to caution her about her armor choices. :rolleyes: She's not very conservative...

I doubt she would play a male character when she could dress up and design a female!

Maybe playing a female character for us is like playing The Sims: a chance to create and control the development of another person.

The Sims is ok as long as you don't buy Livin Large (heart bed, um... well you get the point) and Hot Date, otherwise it's ok, but the Sims 2 is kinda bad for anyone -16, I've heard, so that's not a very good comparison :p

ChickenSoup said:
The Sims is ok as long as you don't buy Livin Large (heart bed, um... well you get the point) and Hot Date, otherwise it's ok, but the Sims 2 is kinda bad for anyone -16, I've heard, so that's not a very good comparison :p

Yeah, sixteen is probably a good guideline. But surprisingly, most women I know LOVE the design/build/character portion of the game; my best friend and I spend more time designing and redecorating our houses and creating new characters than actually playing with the characters. (So I play like a chick. What's wrong with that?)

Back