Obama elected President

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your metaphor doesn't quite work. Try this. There's a basketball tournament between Obama, McCain, and a third party candidate. I will put money on this game. Obama and McCain are both 7 feet tall. The third party candidate is 4 feet tall. I want the third party candidate to win because he's a great guy and the other two are jerks. I'll do whatever I can to help him improve his game (maybe even give him growth hormones). But if his skill doesn't add up, then I will NOT bet my money on him because I know he doesn't stand a snowball's chance. I will place my money on Obama or McCain until the little guy has a fighting chance.

your analogy doesn't work ecause it's not reflective of he political realities in this country...the growth hormones are your votes..if you never vote for hte little guy he'll never get the size OR the skill..your money means nothing at all in the outcome of the game. The little guy stays little without the boosts...right now all the hormones are being stolen by hte two 7 footers who whoulnd't be more than 5 ft anyways if they weren't engaged in obvious theft that the majority of hte judges(the american people) choses to ignore and/or don't want to work to see through..they jsut keep boosting the 7 ft tall ones hopoing they'll do the right thing when they have clearly demonistrated over hte past 25 or more years they aren't interested in the right thing but stealing everything they can get away with with the complicit help of hte judges.

Last edited:
Durruck said:
What really hurts is the jump that it takes from 249,999 by earning that last extra dollar. Take into consideration that inflation was nearly 5% this year (4.9% YTD), then make $1 too much and get smacked with a 11% tax hike? ouch.

Taxes have never worked that way, and that isn't going to change. The tax hike is on the amount earned beyond $250k. e.g. if you earn $300k, the first $250k will be taxed exactly the same as it has been. The extra $50k will be taxed more. This is how tax brackets have always worked.

Yep, I did screw that one up. However, the point still remains... if there's a big jump between $249,999 and $250,000, then you're still punished (ie, taxed disproportionately) for making anything beyond the extra $1. Other tax brackets move around 3% per bracket. Jumping 11% seems a bit extreme.

Correct me if I'm wrong...but only the $1 is taxed at the higher rate. I assume it is after all your deductions as well, so if you give your church or your local charity another $10 (est. here only a percentage can be written off) you can save yourself the 11 cents in taxes.

But this just plays into the post that someone made in another thread (I've searched for it but can't find it right off...grrr!). The big-money folks that have a lot of money know the loopholes how to bury their income so they pay less tax than the rest of us. Here, I'm a middle-class working stiff with an average understanding of tax law, and I'm the one that going to get punished.

And giving the overage to your local church or charity doesn't always work. I was really close to getting hit by the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) last year, and I don't make anywhere close to that $250k. The only things I deducted in my line-item was taxes and charitable contributions. I didn't withhold medical, job expenses, etc. Had I included those numbers, I would have hit the AMT and paid a penalty. It cost me less to not declare those deductions. So again, I WAS penalized because I didn't know where to legally hide my income and forced to limit my deductions, one way or the other.

Further, I can't even dump that money into a state-sanctioned retirement plan because now they are suggesting we take 401(k) plans (and all similar, which include the 457 that I'm forced into) and using them to pay for SSI. I ALREADY and forced to pay into the medicare program, despite the fact that I will never be eligible to receive benefits from it. So I already pay for a system that I can never participate in, and they still want to take away my ability to withhold pre-tax money for my own retirement to fund another broken system. What will be left for my retirement when I get there?

I understand that SSI/Medicare is a broken system, that the financial burden is huge, that it needs to be fixed. That's why I'm trying to invest in my own, private retirement without needing a governmental bailout. I'm trying to be the responsible one here, and yet the government wants to punish me for being successful, for being independent. These suggested policies are the same screwed up policies that got the country into financial trouble during the Carter administration... the same policies that Reagan helped reverse to stabilize the economy. And yet they're being suggested again as the Change that "we need".

I remember being poor in the early 80s because of failed government policies. I saw changes that eventually helped my family the mid-to-late 80s. I really don't want to go back to eating Ramen, bean soup, or government cheese... ramen is great, if you're eating it because you want to. It really sucks if you're eating it because a $0.15 meal is all you have.

No one should be surprised that Obama doesn't care about the constitution or morals or that he doesn't have the experience to lead our country, he's just a puppet for the people that are really in control, and all they care about is demoralizing America and softening it up so we can be more easily annexed into a one world government. And don't fool yourselves into thinking McCain isn't controlled by the exact same people, they're just trying to make you think there is competition, in reality, things are going to go the exact same direction regardless of which of the major party candidates are elected because they're both controlled by the same people, and they both have they're dirty little secrets, that's one reason they can be controlled by the people that a truly in power, but as Christians, we should not let ourselves get distracted from whats really important, and whats really going to change America if there really is going to be any change is going out and spreading the word! This is not to say we shouldn't get involved in political matters, but we gotta remember that God is ultimately in control no matter what happen, and our citizenship is in heaven not in America.

No one should be surprised that Obama doesn't care about the constitution or morals or that he doesn't have the experience to lead our country, he's just a puppet for the people that are really in control, and all they care about is demoralizing America and softening it up so we can be more easily annexed into a one world government. And don't fool yourselves into thinking McCain isn't controlled by the exact same people, they're just trying to make you think there is competition, in reality, things are going to go the exact same direction regardless of which of the major party candidates are elected because they're both controlled by the same people, and they both have they're dirty little secrets, that's one reason they can be controlled by the people that a truly in power, but as Christians, we should not let ourselves get distracted from whats really important, and whats really going to change America if there really is going to be any change is going out and spreading the word! This is not to say we shouldn't get involved in political matters, but we gotta remember that God is ultimately in control no matter what happen, and our citizenship is in heaven not in America.

actually we have dual citizenship here and in heaven.

That's what I meant actually, it's hard sometimes to get your full meaning across when you're typing.

These suggested policies are the same screwed up policies that got the country into financial trouble during the Carter administration... the same policies that Reagan helped reverse to stabilize the economy. And yet they're being suggested again as the Change that "we need".
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
Source: George Santayana

If you study history for long enough, you begin to see patterns. The frustrating thing about being a student of history is being able to roughly predict what's coming while in the same breath knowing that no one person--not even one armed with the hindsight that comes with an objective study of history--is powerful enough to break the pattern. It's like watching a trainwreck: You know what's coming, but the only choice you're left with is to either watch or look away. (This analogy assumes the person watching has the good sense to step off the tracks.)

It is human nature that people in crisis will, responding to instinct, turn to authority (or absolutely anyone else outside themselves) to resolve issues and rely on government to "save" them instead of taking personal responsibility and reasonable action in their limited sphere of influence to make what difference they can.

This instinct, which says, "I can not save myself," can be a positive motivating force that will lead a person to accept Christ as savior. The perverted application of this instinct says, "I can not save myself, but government can;" the manifestation of this perversion is found in people who will surrender liberty to government in exchange for a false salvation. It is the central flaw of communism and it is, by definition, idolatry.

Situations where leaders rapidly rise to power in a time of national crisis and develop a cult of personality (as evidenced by huge crowds passionately responding to a powerful orator who provides few details and a glut of rhetoric) never end well.

I pray I'm wrong, but I see enough evidence, past and present, to support my predictions. I don't make these statements lightly.

What remains for us is what has always remained:
He said to him, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the greatest and most important commandment. The second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and the Prophets depend on these two commandments."
Source: Matthew 22:37-40 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

It is human nature that people in crisis will, responding to instinct, turn to authority (or absolutely anyone else outside themselves) to resolve issues and rely on government to "save" them instead of taking personal responsibility and reasonable action in their limited sphere of influence to make what difference they can.

This instinct, which says, "I can not save myself," can be a positive motivating force that will lead a person to accept Christ as savior. The perverted application of this instinct says, "I can not save myself, but government can;" the manifestation of this perversion is found in people who will surrender liberty to government in exchange for a false salvation. It is the central flaw of communism and it is, by definition, idolatry.

Situations where leaders rapidly rise to power in a time of national crisis and develop a cult of personality (as evidenced by huge crowds passionately responding to a powerful orator who provides few details and a glut of rhetoric) never end well.

And thats the tooth, I mean truth.

We can see the expressed emotion, intellect, trepidation, anger, anxiousness (etc)... being poured out through various media onto the screens, pages and into our ears... some of us hear the nations applaud and even saying of our new President... "he will save the world..." and of our nation, "we now love America again..."

I am pro-life, especially in the Spirit of Truth. That is the criteria and foundation the Lord placed in my heart concerning elections... and, in part, it is because of my profession. I am a retired neonatal-pediatric health care pro, Vietnam vet and, as viewed by some, "...a really old dude who heard 'Ike' speak and thinks he's a gamer... and a writer he ain't"... nevertheless... I press on... I am so close to going home, please tolerate and forgive my wordiness...

We know from the Word, God allows and ultimately places men in positions of authority for His purpose... and sometimes we may not understand why it is as it is... but it is as it is... it is an evil world we are traveling through... And as Senators McCain, Lieberman and so many others have said, "The election is over..." May the Congress settle their child-like squabbling and get to work... but they are divided and pride comes before the fall.

Can such a house as ours stand up among the nations as it once did? Only by the mercy and grace of Almighty God has our nation existed. God's purpose for America... to preach the good news and bring Him honor and glory. May we seek His Face... we have watched the world expel Him... even in our own schools, America's children have been led down the path toward destructive thinking, even denying God entrance into their hearts and voices (as when I was a child).

What manner of nation are we? What judgment is forthcoming and where is righteousness found among the masses? Who can stand in that Day of the Lord? Who are the true sons of God that are to be revealed?

When one draws near to Biblical truths, some of what is happening makes perfect sense. GOD, the Word, is not the author of confusion. There seems to be a great division between Light and darkness... and with each day fewer are in the valley of decision... everyone is or has made their own decision concerning God.... goats on one side and sheep on the other...

Regardless of my own political convictions, God encourages me to pray for our leaders... so that we might live and work in peace. And, especially in this unique nation that, for the moment, allows certain free speech. May God's will be done, not mine. Let our will agree with His.

Of greatest importance, though hated by the enemies of God, is our fragile and now limited freedom to share the good news concerning Jesus Christ, Whose precious blood was shed for all sin... that none should perish, except the son of perdition and his army. Many are being led to destruction because they hate the Light and love evil.

As we know, God takes no pleasure in the destruction of evil men but would have all men come to repentance. What are we called to do in view of all that is happening around us?

Fight on, warriors of God... there is at least one last captive rebel out there desiring to be rescued from death and destruction... one last sinner in darkness who God knows is indeed the last one that will see His light... perhaps the light God placed in you. One last tearful eye from a contrite heart will repent and trust God our Father at the end of this age...
Perhaps that rebirth will happen in a twinkling... in a moment just prior to the catching away from here and our gathering unto the Lord Himself... oh my...

Yes, God knows that last one's name... who has wandered away from the fold... away from the Truth. Perhaps he or she is reading this...

Confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart God raised Him from the dead by the power of His Holy Spirit. Simple to say but do you believe in your heart? Search the scriptures, they speak of these things I write...

We know not the hour but we see that the fruit is ripe and the season is upon us. We are called to please God and not man...

Indeed, these are perilous times and there are men sent out to extinguish the very fire some of you have within your heart. They desire to strangle and choke out our faith in Christ, if it were possible. They attempt to derail us with the cares of this world and lead us into unfruitful arguments, which leads to more sin.

We may even begin to think we are wise through flattery but hopefully realize we are extremely dependent upon God's Wisdom alone.

We hear teachers that tickle our ears with what we might desire to hear... but let us continue to hear the conviction of the Word... sometimes it's a spanking... sometimes a beating... sometimes an embrace... and the Holy Spirit will bring that Word to our memory...

Stay close to our Sheppard, Jesus of Nazareth... the lion roars and the wolves gather in packs to tear at us... but we are safe if we are trusting the Lord and serving Him...we know His voice... do not be afraid. He is near... even at the gate. Yes, we are in the season of end times.

Moreover, indeed, these times are exciting and the days are filled with hope for those looking forward to the catching away. We are not to fret but live quiet lives loving one another (sidebar: quiet is impossible in tf2 with speakers turned up :eek:)... and, if possible, be at peace with all men (even tf2 snipers, or whoever your enemy might be).

So, as mentioned, we should pray for our current leaders (Tec7 and other admins, pastors included), which I think many (including Get A Life) may have been nodding, if not falling dead asleep, at the wheel concerning prayer for those in authority... and it seems plausible that is the case, especially during the last several years... or decades.

Let us look up toward the King of kings and Lord of lords while maintaining humble hearts that are filled with great joy because of His immeasurable love for us.

Let us be wise as serpents but gentle as doves... read the WORD... it is our very lifeline... keeping our thoughts on things above... looking forward and not back... pressing on toward the great reward... the wedding feast of our Lord Jesus.

Peace be yours, my brothers and sister in Messiah... as my mother taught me as a child: Trust God... not politics, money and all that belongs to this world and it's prince... Satan's time is very short... he is angry.

Let us hold fast to our faith. Do not be caught asleep... wake up sleepy warrior... march on the straight and narrow path... keeping your eyes on Jesus, the living One that came in the flesh. There is no other God but One in a sea and world filled with many dead gods.

To us, we cry Abba, Father. Guard your heart. God bless you all, greatly.

Barack Obama is not the president of the United States and he never will be.

I laugh at all of you who voted for and support someone who is constitutionaly ineligible to be president.

here is the Case in the Us supreme court. http://origin.www.supremecourtus.gov/docket/08-570.htm

Barack has till Dec. 1st to provide a valid birth certificate other wise he is at the mercy of the court.

The Birth Certificate on his site is fake and when he went to indonesia to go to school his father had to claim him because Indonesia wasn't accepting duel citizenship in a time of war. Which means he voided his US citizenship if it even existed in the first place. Also there is testimony from his kenyan grandmother saying she witnessed Obama's birth in Kenya. His step sister said she witnesses baracks birth at one Hawaiin hospital while barack said he was born at the other lol.

Barack has not provided any documentation since the case has been filed in late august. The DNC has failed all US citizens in providing a candidate eligible to be president. The DNC also filed a joint commission to dismissal, meaning they are siding with Obama and not asking um hey where are these records so we can shoot this down.

My question to Barack is if you are a natural born citizen prove it!!!!

listen to http://www.patriotbrigaderadio.com/livejava.php for more info at night they have had Phil Berg on 3 times this week to discuss it.

Last edited:
Interesting question folks. Obama won both the popular and college votes from what I can tell. That means that there are more ppl out their that voted for him than anyone else. Now I ask you, if one of these ppl came to our forums and read this thread what do you think that would think.

Don't get me wrong it is your write to be angry with the result and it is quite acceptable for you to put that point of view forward in a supported and measured manner. But is this what is happening here. It is my belief that the more important the issue the more important it is for christians to maintain respect and dignity in their responses. The more people spread lies and rumour the more important it is for us to stick to the facts. The more people are rude and curse. The more important it is for us to respectfully everyone and to avoid slander.

Come on folks we can do better than what we are doing here. I know it is hard not to be harsh and respond to things in an angry way. I know I have written and then cancelled multiple messages on this thread, but we need to be much more measured in our responses.

Thank you.

Seconded the Thank you.

Barack Obama is not the president of the United States and he never will be.

I laugh at all of you who voted for and support someone who is constitutionaly ineligible to be president.

here is the Case in the Us supreme court. http://origin.www.supremecourtus.gov/docket/08-570.htm

Barack has till Dec. 1st to provide a valid birth certificate other wise he is at the mercy of the court.

The Birth Certificate on his site is fake and when he went to indonesia to go to school his father had to claim him because Indonesia wasn't accepting duel citizenship in a time of war. Which means he voided his US citizenship if it even existed in the first place. Also there is testimony from his kenyan grandmother saying she witnessed Obama's birth in Kenya. His step sister said she witnesses baracks birth at one Hawaiin hospital while barack said he was born at the other lol.

Barack has not provided any documentation since the case has been filed in late august. The DNC has failed all US citizens in providing a candidate eligible to be president. The DNC also filed a joint commission to dismissal, meaning they are siding with Obama and not asking um hey where are these records so we can shoot this down.

My question to Barack is if you are a natural born citizen prove it!!!!

listen to http://www.patriotbrigaderadio.com/livejava.php for more info at night they have had Phil Berg on 3 times this week to discuss it.

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/born_in_the_usa.html
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthcertificate.asp

http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/does_barack_obama_have_kenyan_citizenship.html
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/citizen.asp

to a lesser degree:
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/corsis_dull_hatchet.html

Can we please be respectful here? Nobody asked for your opinions of what they voted for. That really came off as arrogant and staunchy to me. And I don't even openly support Obama.

You do realize that fact check is owned by Annenberg of Chicago a group that Obama sat on the board for years...

Also if it was legit he hasn't presented it in the case.

That's out of line.

Some of us were deeply disappointed by the election results, but that does not warrant attacking one another or anyone else. We are to speak in love, even while voicing our concerns.

I haven't locked this thread yet because we've seen several great, level-headed posts from community members. I think some in this community are developing the skills of tact and diplomacy; in past years, a thread like this would have burst into a flame war in the first few pages. While a few posts have been out of line, the thread, overall, has been a step forward in terms of tact.

The 2008 presidential election was the most heated election in memory. I have seen more hateful and wildly emotional posts (on other forums and web sites) regarding politics in the last 6 months than in the past 12 years I've been online. Our nation was highly polarized; emotional "yelling" drowned out the measured voice of reason, especially among young voters on sites like Digg, Facebook, and MySpace.

If we post well-informed opinions using tact and cool heads, we will have an opportunity to represent Christianity in a positive light.

If we resort to emotionalism, name-calling, and hostility, we will reflect negatively on Christianity.

The choice belongs to every user on these forums.

If this thread gets out of hand, one of the Moderators will lock it. I pray that it doesn't come to that.

I see alot of disagreement in this thread. The fact is that he won the presidency. It doesn't matter how unqualified he was or anything. He won. This is still our great country. I still wave my American flag. Even though i did not vote for the man does not mean i shouldn't stick up for my country. His views are completely different than mine. You just have to learn to deal with what you got and try to make the best of it. Most of all we need to pray...

I am sorry for what I said I admit I got a little too passionate about it but heres my proof.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.sh...categorized/2008/06/13/bobirthcertificate.jpg

fakezt4.png

^Taken directly from the birth certificate on his site. Its located on the lower center portion of it. Simply zoom in cut it out and flip it vertical you can see the printer mark 2007. This is the same picture on factcheck and snope and obamas site so I have no doubt.

also:
Up until 1968, the standard term for all Africans was "negroe". This fit with the absolute secular scientific teaching of the day which notes the world has 3 races in Mongoloid, Caucasoid and Negroid.
It was not until the Black Revolution when negroe or negro became a foul description in the late 1960's and then "black" was demanded by this group to describe them.
It was not until the late 1970's when political correctness came into vogue that it ushered in by the 1980's the term "African" to describe all blacks.

http://www.rallycongress.com/constitutional-qualification/1244/

I see alot of disagreement in this thread. The fact is that he won the presidency. It doesn't matter how unqualified he was or anything. He won. This is still our great country. I still wave my American flag. Even though i did not vote for the man does not mean i shouldn't stick up for my country. His views are completely different than mine. You just have to learn to deal with what you got and try to make the best of it. Most of all we need to pray...

O_O i havent seen you in ages O_O where have you been hiding ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back