Obama elected President

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
Let's please not start a flame war over this.

I know a lot of people on these forums are disappointed, since most Christians believe life begins at conception and Obama has previously promised to push a pro-choice agenda, but our posts on these forums are public and we represent Christ.

I'm not asking anyone to be excited about the results of this election, but wrath will produce no positive results.

Redirect any frustration you may be feeling to prayer and political activism. Reading up on the Freedom of Choice Act and preparing letters to your elected officials might be a good place to start.

Last edited:
i am consumed by grief and despair and im watching my gubernatorial election since it was proved our democratic (current) governor had several thousand dead votes and after 3 recounts won. i just hope i dont have 2 disappointments

Let's please not start a flame war over this.

I know a lot of people on these forums are disappointed, since most Christians believe life begins at conception and Obama has previously promised to push a pro-choice agenda, but our posts on these forums are public and we represent Christ.

I'm not asking anyone to be excited about the results of this election, but wrath will produce no positive results.

Redirect any frustration you may be feeling to prayer and political activism. Reading up on the Freedom of Choice Act and preparing letters to your elected officials might be a good place to start.

*prepares fire hose and riot gear*

No in all seriousness I worked from home today and listened to the whole thing on radio. Now while I may have been one of those listening from a radio in a forgotten part of the world (*rye smile crosses face*) but I gotta say from an outsider looking in I thought both speeches were a credit to both men.

Anyways congrats to those who backed Obam commiseration's to those one the other side. In any case our unity in Christ is far superior to any political divide.

Last edited:
If it is God's will, it will be done.

Anyways, gratz to Obama, and best of luck, he had and will have to overcome a long path of hardships.

Meh. I saw voting registration today at the mall, and I asked God who I should vote for if I did sign up, I felt Obama. I don't have any feelings towards the two candidates, but hey, God wanted this guy in office, and so he is. But I missed all the coverage on it, I was having WAY too much fun in Rockband 2. :p

It is always best to find out what the candidates stand for rather than going on emotions.

Obama is for abortion. I doubt that he will stand behind Israel, he doesnt salute our flag, he wants to change our national anthem and I wont go into the other areas.

It was said that the (mostly uninformed) youth of america came out in droves to elect him. I am thankful for the christian young people that understand the importance of these issues.

This is the first time in my long adult life that I have cried over an election result.

Let's not forget that his tax plan is almost communism. I remember hearing about the days when people wouldn't even look at you for being a communist.

Let's not forget that his tax plan is almost communism. I remember hearing about the days when people wouldn't even look at you for being a communist.

Hey, I was there during that time lol and the word commie was the worst insult a person could get. Yes.. 'take from the rich and give to the poor'.. h mmm where have we heard that and I dont mean robin hood

But remember God - let Israel choose to have kings... and look how that turned out for them :)

All feelings aside, this could be a huge positive step for our country (despite the fact that I strongly disagree with Obama's stance on many issues) because it could cause a lot of political activism. It could mean that we, as a whole, start getting involved in our government through research, letter writing, etc.

Tek makes a good point. Start by praying and then finding out who your representatives are and let them know what's important to you. I've written to my congressmen in the past, and gotten written responses back. I highly doubt that it was from my congressman's own hand, but if his aides answered enough letters, I'd hope that he actually heard about what I had to say.

it is what it is. It's our path as Americans for the next 4 year, at least. I don't know that it's God's candidate, I just know God's in control.

But remember God - let Israel choose to have kings... and look how that turned out for them :)
Exactly.

God allows all people to exercise free will and freedom is not complete without allowing people to destroy themselves if they so choose.

All feelings aside, this could be a huge positive step for our country (despite the fact that I strongly disagree with Obama's stance on many issues) because it could cause a lot of political activism. It could mean that we, as a whole, start getting involved in our government through research, letter writing, etc.
Also agreed.

I had a much longer message typed up, but decided not to post it in the interest of diplomacy. I don't believe the post was hostile, but I didn't want to get involved in a political debate.

*edit* Post removed. It doesn't accomplish anything, and only fuels fires.

Last edited:
http://www.randyalcorn.blogspot.com/
I recommend checking this post...
wow what a great insightful post on Obama winning by my favorite author (well OK tied with John Piper)

The election is over. Followers of Christ, regardless of who they advocated and voted for, should now pray wholeheartedly for our new president and his administration,

Last edited:

How exactly is his taxes "communist"? I would much rather that people stop throwing out FUD in this thread and present evidence with their points. If you need help with that try checking out snopes.com or factcheck.org to verify your claim before posting it.

My first reading of the US constitution was that the US Federal gov't could only collect taxes to pay down debt and maintain an armed forces. If it includes the governments rights to take taxes for other things, please point it out because I must have missed it. (I suppose HCS will be suprised that I read over the US constitution when he linked it).

One of the strongest points of America is Capitalism and the right to own property. The question about taxes is: If the government can demand a part of your property under a wealth distribution plan (which national health care can be defined as) under threat of penalties and jail, is your property owned by you or the community?

If the government can demand a portion of your property to distribute to the community, then by definition, you are living under communist ideals.

snopes.com or factcheck.org

If the government can demand a part of your property under a wealth distribution plan (which national health care can be defined as) under threat of penalties and jail, is your property owned by you or the community?

If the government can demand a portion of your property to distribute to the community, then by definition, you are living under communist ideals.

From factcheck.org:

Neither candidate has offered enough specifics about his plan to allow experts to assess the cost or impact without making various assumptions. Studies agree generally, however, that Obama’s plan would cover more of the uninsured than McCain’s would.

I wanted to post parts of the article here but decided not to due to various reasons.

It can be read here.

The article does not answer the question: Is the government mandated or compelled or even allowed by the US Constitution to be in the arena of providing national health care? That is to either collect taxes to pay for health care for those without insurance or to compell companies to pay for health insurance for its employees?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back