Obama elected President

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hardly think that warrants an infraction.
The post added nothing to conversation; furthermore, I think calling this thread "The worst thread ever" definitely qualifies as inflammatory.

In fact you can give me his as all my past infractions expired. I need to collect more :p
Everyone "earns" their own infractions.

</offtopic>

Genesis: Loved the Ben Franklin quote. When a quote from over 200 years ago still resonate today, it reminds me that there is "nothing new under the sun"--ironic when you consider that both McCain and Obama promised "change."

Didn't you the people tell the government what you are allowing them to do by voting in certain people based on their policies, position on issues and promises? Is that not the purpose of voting?
yes..but i did not vote for obama..therefore I ahve a reason to be upset..however it's now time to buckle down and get ready for one rough ride. Me and gen are heading out this weekend to try out some weapons and then buy some before inauguration day.
Duuuuude.....

That comes across in many different ways...

I think that this thread has served its purpose...

I don't think it would hurt to close it.

I added Goblit's quote inside of HCS's quote to ensure what HCS said would not be taken out of context.

Duuuuude.....

That comes across in many different ways...

I think that this thread has served its purpose...

I don't think it would hurt to close it.

I added Goblit's quote inside of HCS's quote to ensure what HCS said would not be taken out of context.

/agreed. It seems to be devolving.

This entire thread has been inflammatory.
I disagree. I think this thread has fared far better than other threads on controversial topics.
/agreed. It seems to be devolving.
Unfortunately, I agree.

I'll leave it to the other Moderators to decide when and how to close the thread. I don't feel I can be entirely objective on this thread.

I disagree. I think this thread has fared far better than other threads on controversial topics.

I'll leave it to the other Moderators to decide when and how to close the thread. I don't feel I can be entirely objective on this thread.
I do believe that this thread has lasted far longer than many threads before it regarding the same topics and/or people; however, I think that many parts of this thread (both intentionally and unintentionally) are inflammatory and these parts are in direct violation with your opening post in this thread which read something to the extent of "Let's not turn this into a flame war."

It is a very delicate topic and I commend everyone for more or less staying calm.

Not all of this thread is inflammatory, there are some very constructive posts here. I do however still stand with what I posted before.

Stick a fork in it... it's done.

Well with both candidates, although they spoke of change, they did not speak of improvement. I think HCS previously mentioned.... If a building burns to the ground, it has changed, but it has not necessarily improved.

I think the overall tone of this election has brought out some very ugly sides of people, this thread just seems to echo the election.

Srry folks had a super huge meeting today so only just got to this. I think it is worth closing this thread as:
1. Ppl have requested it
2. I think there has been a fair bit of uglyness here
3. I am convienced note everyone is getting a say here in any constructive way as it is a pretty intemidating thread to post in.

Thanks for the discussion folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back