Nintendo DS - Possible Chapter?

• Sure

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • Nah

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It will be coming in March for 130 pounds
smile.gif

I may consider switching out Xbox for Nintendo DS on my christmas wishlist now. Even though I own an N64, I don't own Mario 64, what a shame.

Woot I'm not the only nub extrordinare!

An X-Box would be nice too (like I need another thing to buy games for :p) now that I have broadband and could play it online, but then again I'm probably moving soon and don't know if I can even get broadband let alone afford it..
sad.gif
That was really what pushed it all the way over the edge when I got my PS2, never ever thought I'd have broadband. Is it pathetic that it's become a life event for me, or am I just that big of a nerd?
biggrin.gif
I do think it's the latter. Too bad I'm crazy and have every system, game, pc, accessorie, etc I've ever owned and my face would probably melt if I tried to trade any of em in. Of course they probably wouldn't give me much for my N64 stuff. Which is rather unfortunate because I'd probably trade it in if got me pretty close to the DS. Think my Saturn stuff will do any better? The original gameboy?
biggrin.gif

I think something in my PS2 is starting to go which is unfortunate, but I'd trade that in if I didn't play so much ESPN NFL2K5, and my girl would probably bludgeon me with the DS since she loves Champions of Norrath and Soul Calibur 2. And of course I can't just trade in a couple of games I don't really play anymore, you never know in three decades I may want to play them! See told you I was crazy. The sad thing is that out of the probably 200 or so games that I have (that I know of) I've probably at best finished 2-3 dozen give or take. I am one huge nerd.
cool.gif

And has anyone else notice I've beenwriting the longest posts ever lately?!?!?!

Que! how do you own a 64 but not Mario 64 ?@!?!! ::has heart attack:: IT'S SACRILEGE!

ARRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHH THE HORROR

Is Thorn the only one who has one at the moment?

BTW Sir Thorn, I wanted to ask you about Hunters, how is it as a demo? Have you played it wirelessly yet? I know people have been pumping it, but an FPS on that size screen...???

That's SirTHOM, by the way. ;)

Yes....Metroid hunters is very good. I can't wait until the full comes out
smile.gif
I have played it wirelessly, and I must commend Nintendo for doing such a good job on that. Connecting is quick, reception is great, and lag time is low.

im questioning if im gunna get it or not now.....the big thing i was interested in was the wifi.....and then i heard that its radius was only 30 something feet =(

30 ft? Crud, what are you complaining about! That's huge range!

And sorry THOM. I've butchered Kidan's name enough times (I use to think it was "Kidian"), I guess it's just your turn now. ;P

scoop on DS

1. 2 screens, one touch sensitive

2.64-bit gfx, better than n64 so u can play FPS at about cs gfx level

3.yea some hookup u can use over the net

Wow. I was at Best Buy earlier tonight and I was fairly impressed with the DS. It was a good bit smaller then I expected, and while it's hard to judge by the way they have it secured seemed a whole lot lighter then I thought it would be too. I just messed around with the Hunters demo for a few minutes but I was pretty impressed. It controlled great, and looked better then I was expecting. Grr, part of me wanted it to be horrible so I didn't have to want it.
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shagz @ Dec. 03 2004,7:00)]30 ft? Crud, what are you complaining about! That's huge range!
it is a problem for me because i live in a very small town, and my friend lives more then 30 feet away. And im not going to go to his house to play it over wifi when im sitting right next to him, that gets rid of the whole point of the wifi feature *prays for online play*

re: 30 ft wi-fi range...ah ok, I see what you're getting at. I'm not sure they intended it to be played between houses though; more like a play on the subway or bus without having to sit right next to each other.

Back