Nintendo DS

Nintendo DS - Possible Chapter?

• Sure

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • Nah

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shagz @ Nov. 21 2004,5:56)]Ironically enough, that game was actually developed by Sega!
Heh. Sega does make some odd games. I have a copy of Segagaga--which may be the most bizarre RPG ever. Google for it. You'll see what I mean.

Update:

Warp pipe (the gamecube online company) is developing a similar system for Nintendo DS users to allow online play ^_^

The Nintendo DS? Yeah...I must say it is pretty slick. I am going out to get Super Mario 64 in a little bit here and I shall report back on that
smile.gif

Indeed..it would be pretty neato!

I have Mario 64...not too bad. The controls take some getting used to, but it works
biggrin.gif

The mini-games are pretty cool too.

How does the carrying strap work as a pseudo analog controller? I heard that you can use the little thumb nub on the touch sensitive screen to create an analog control, but I guess that depends on the game and whether it allows you to use it or not.

Does the touch sensitive screen seem durable? My two-year old palm pilot is pretty worn down from use, I'm afraid of something similar happening to a DS.

The carrying strap goes on your thumb, and then you use it like an analog controller. This makes metroid much easier, as opposed to using the D-Pad for movement and the four main buttons to aim.

The touch screen seems very durable...much better than a palm pilot. If you hold it to a light, you will see the reflection of your markings, but it holds up really well.

Oh...one more thing about the thumb strap. Be sure not to put it on too tight, or it will cut off circulation to the end of your thumb
laugh.gif

One of my coworkers works part-time at EBGames. According to him, he was told that online play for the DS was slated for next year.

I'm holding out for the price drop. It'll probably be about a year away, but so far there aren't a lot of games anyway.

Yeah....there is a rumored partnership between Nintendo and Warp Pipe, so that's probably what he's talking about.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Oh...one more thing about the thumb strap. Be sure not to put it on too tight, or it will cut off circulation to the end of your thumb

oh boy...i can already see law suits lol.

I don't know, Nintendo's not too fond of that newfangled internet thingamajig. If everyone remembers correctly, and I still have the Nintendo Power(and probably EGM, and GamePro) articles to prove I'm not insane, the GameCube was supposed to be huge on the internet stuff. They were all pimpin the modem and broadband add on thingys and how they were going to make such great use of them. They only ever made a handful and were harder to find then the official GBA battery pack/charger, and nothing ever came of it. Since then Nintendo's pretty much pretended the internet doesn't even exist in relation to their product.

Anyway I don't doubt it's possible, just look at how people played Halo on line despite their being no official support for it, just that without some new "GameSpy Tunnel" kind of deal it'd probably be more trouble then it's worth. Of course if Nintendo does come through on this it's just one more awesome thing to lure me in. Regardless you should give us a write up on the product.

As far as durability goes it doesn't surprise me that it's got a good quality screen. GameBoys are known for their toughness and will probably be good as long as twinkies when they only thing left to eat the twinkies and play the GameBoys are the roaches. I remember stories even about people who've lost their GameBoy Color or some version in the leaves in the fall, and then found it in the spring after the snow had melted and stuff and it still worked. Then there was another one about how some kids parent backed over it, and after some taping back together it was fine. If nothing else you can't fault Nintendo for making low grade products.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (.se3ker. @ Nov. 24 2004,5:01)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Oh...one more thing about the thumb strap. Be sure not to put it on too tight, or it will cut off circulation to the end of your thumb

oh boy...i can already see law suits lol.
Anyone remeber when Mario Party came out and people were using their palms on the control stick to move it faster and we're making it raw? They started offering like bright yellow or something gloves to the owners of the game to avoid a lawsuit.

And then there's way back in the day when their sentence in the Anti-Trust case made the boatloads of money...
tounge.gif

I've got so many broken N64 controllers because of mario party.

Does the DS come with wireless G built in or is that an add-on we'll have to buy later? It should have a built in web-browser too! I'm sure if it doesn't someones going to hack/mod it so it does.

Whatever wireless it uses comes built in, it's how it does multiplayer instead of the old school link cable.

Man this thing is becoming more tempting by the moment though. I checked out some videos of Ridge Racer DS and that looked pretty sweet, but I was a huge fan of the N64 version which this seems to be largely taken from. Madden looks pretty good too and in 6 months or so will hopefully be up to the level on the console versions. Plus, believe it or not, despite having a N64 I never played Mario64 for more then a few moments at friends houses. I think the DS is really just begging for some FPS's, especially a straight Goldeneye port, but isn't that everyone's dream?
biggrin.gif

If I remember correctly Rare's supporting Nintendo's portables even though they were bought by Microsoft, and I'd love to see some of there franchises brought back. Especially a sequel to Jet Force Gemini would be awesome. That game was really one of the more underrated N64 games, always wished it'd get a sequel.
smile.gif

Also have you gotten a feel yet for how long the battery will last? Maybe I'll just give up my cell phone and go for one of these suckers, now if only they did that too...
biggrin.gif
I'm such a geek.
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I don't know, Nintendo's not too fond of that newfangled internet thingamajig.

I sent a letter to Nintendio via carrier pigeon to alert them to the discovery of the interweb.
laugh.gif

I wanna see a DS in action. I dunno when the UK gets its hands on it though.. Probably another year or so.

whats uk stand for? ugly kids? if so u might have to wait longer than a year rizz.... jk bro i know what it is.. lol
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

Back