Nintendo DS

Nintendo DS - Possible Chapter?

• Sure

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • Nah

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SirThom

If we have enough people interested in participating, I would like to start and lead a Nintendo DS chapter.

The Nintendo DS does have wireless multiplayer, so this would definately rock if we could get it moving.

Note that the DS doesn't actually come out until Sunday (the 21st)

Whats nintendo ds
rock.gif

Is it acctually online play or just wireless lan? My understanding was that at the beganning it will be wireless lan with around a hundred foot range.

The system sounds cool but I doubt I would pick one up until it proves it's staying power, the system reminds me a lot of the Virtual boy for some reason.

if its like that and not a short range wifi then yes i would like to start a ds chapter =D

DUDE! You know how cool that would be? Wow, handhelds online, what are we coming to! Whatever it is, I like it! I voted a big yes, but I am looking forward more to the PSP, but the DS is looking pretty cool as of late.

Sheesh, aren't you guys following *any* news?
smile.gif

Anyways, I don't really know exactly what DS stands for, but I always thought it meant "Double Screen" because...well, there's a double screen. One screen is similar to what we have now on the GBA while the second screen is touch sensitive for use with a stylus (ie. like a PDA).

SirThom, are you *sure* you can play DS games *online*? This is the first I'm hearing about "internet play" for the Nintendo DS, I thought it was only going to be wireless GBDS to GBDS.

At any rate, I love my SP, I'm not in a hurry to upgrade to the DS or any other portable system, but I'll watch this closely.

Hmm... well I have heard many times that it will have internet play, if it doesn't then my interest in it just went way down, the idea of playing Mario 64 online is very cool.

re: the microphone...yea, there's actually a first release game out called "Feel the Magic" that uses this feature. From what I can tell, "Magic" is a collection of mini-games wrapped in this silly little visual story about a guy trying to impress a girl. Sounds silly, but I guess the games are pretty inventive and the style is...well, looks like the results of introducing Saul Bass to Austin Powers over some sushi in Japan.

*Anyways*...there's a part in the game where you have to get the girl's attention to warn her about something, and you actually have to *yell* into the microphone to get her to "look at you". Of course, yell too loud and there are some consequences.

If the DS does nothing other than change the way we look and play games, I think it'll be a success. Nintendo might not think so if the unit doesn't put up the numbers, but if this little device can give us some new genres, some interface options, some new ways to play, all the power to them.

And internet play? If they execute it right, that could seriously rock...

Sounds liek fun, i will check out the UK release dates. Of course standard rules apply for a chapter... we need activity and staff.. not a 1 week craze.

Yeah...I am reading from various sources which neither confirms nor denies the online play feature, though it some state that //some// games will have the WiFi feature.

Oh well, but it still rocks anyway
smile.gif

Back