New Member Introductions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Teresa! It makes me so happy when one of my "recruitment" posts brings us new friends. I was so excited when I accidentally stumbled upon ToJ's existence. It was God's plan and I am sure of that. Now we are growing and fellowshipping, becoming friends as well as just playing a game together.

I'm also married (26) and have two young kids. We have a few couples that play the game together so you and your hubby won't be alone in that regard. We're thrilled to have ya!

To everyone else that has joined recently, the same applies. If you ever need anything, don't hesitate to ask here (as Atown has already discovered ;) ) or give an Officer a PM in-game.

whispurr said:
Anyway, I'm a 40 year old housewife. (Are there other older players here?) I've been a Christian all of my life (I know, boring testimony) though not always a very serious Christian. I've applied to join the ToJ guild and am anxiously awaiting my invitation. Oh, and I think hubby applied too, but I'm not sure what name he used. I got him hooked too. Hehe...

Think we will get along just fine :) I'm 42, recently back to working full time. My husband is a 3rd shifter, so he is on at odd times. We try to play together on the weekends in the morning when possible, but doesn't always work out that we get to play together at all. Our oldest son used to play, but got bored of the game already I think.

Welcome!

You're definitely not an oddball here. I'm married with kids as well and I'm 30. If you ever need help with a quest or mission or have any questions, post about it here or contact one of us in the game.

Hello Teresa,

I am 33, so I'm in your age category. Nice to meet you and hope to see you in game.

To Mr. Slice,

I was also overjoyed when I found SoE. God led me here. I thought to myself I would search on Google for Christian Guild Wars and found it.

Hey everyone, my name is Rusty. Glad to be a new member of ToJ and SoE. I hope you guys don't mind but I like to ask questions.... :D

AIM = redrust422
Xfire = redrust422
GW Char's = Cintec Surellian M/Me16 Alrath Larale W/Mo20 Esarya Surellian W/Ne7

Oh, I'm 24, Single, and live in Palm Harbor, FL

Last edited:
An intro...

Hi, I'm new here. I would've done this earlier but my account seem to have gotten deleted and I had to remake it.

I've been play Guild Wars for about a month now, and am already quite addicited. I've never played MMORPG type games before as I found it odd that so many would pay monthly for it. It is a good thing I waited for one that didn't charge, because I don't really plan on stopping...

My wife told me about this community, she joined here a little before I did (her name here is whispurr) ... I look forward to meeting you all ...

God bless,

Mike

Hello,

I recently joined TOJ in hopes of joining SOE. I played Guild Wars beta and got Guild Wars a bit after it came out and stopped after a few weeks. I just started to get back into it and was thinking that it'd be more fun to play with a group of people and finally be in a guild. I was a bit hesitant to join until I actually built my guy up but he should be ready to play among you guys.

Word of warning: I am an ElecEng. college student and will be going back to Cornell soon. Cornell can be very heavy on workload so I'm not sure how much time I can devote, but hopefully i'll be able to build my guy enough before school so that I can just do GvGs or small skirmishes while at school.

In terms of my life as a Christian, I serve Him as a guitarist for my college fellowship's praise team, I'm in inreach ministry and I occasionally help out children's ministry at church. I enjoy reading works by C.S. Lewis and occasionally write essays on Christian thought.

Fan of: LOTR, Final Fantasy, Jackie Chan movies and contemporary Christian music.

Thanks!

In Him,
Brian

Last edited:
Tech-- welcome. Glad to have you on board.

Veritas-- Ditto. Also, I'm a fan of Lewis as well, essays moreso than Chronicles of Narnia. Probably my fave is his logical exposition on where our moral conscience comes from in Mere Christianity. Great stuff.

And also, don't worry about "building your character up" or anything. We've yet to start serious PvP. We will at some point in the near future, but nothing organized as yet. I imagine your El/Me is an echo spiker? (That's what Pastori Thunderclap will be soon enough.)

Hello,

My name Is Jonathan. In Game I can be found as Jason Spellcaster, Rejected Warrior, or a couple others. Currently, Jason Spellcaster is my only character that has ascended. I currently am quite involved in HoH and I do an occasional UW run or a FoW Run. I look forward to doing both of these with this guild as the guild, in general, ascends.

I bought the game the week it came out, but didn't have the time to play it much until summer started. at that point, I spent way too many hours leveling Jason. BTW, he is a E/MO or an E/Me (I change it every week or so depending on what I plan to do).

I hope that this guild will be the one that I remain in, and I look forward to meeting and interacting with you all in game.

~Be Blessed~

Jonathan Deturk

Hi I'm Quantum_Man newest member of SoE. I was in the other "Tribe of Judah" guild actually called ToJ. But we weren't part of toj.cc. We were a small group and I was the only active member for a while so I decided to come over to the real ToJ. :)

I have 3 characters, 2 of which I play and 1(my first one ever) which sits there doing nothing. I like playing my lvl 20 monk the best and just very recently acquired 5 sup runes to enable me to do certain things... :D I also have a very able bodied lvl 20 Nec, complete with Well of Power which I also recently capped with your in-game best buds, the henchies.

I just got the game last nite, and stayed up way to late playing it....

My ingame name is Kidan Anubix, and I'm a ranger/elementalist.

WOOT THE ALL FAMOUS KIDAN HAS FINALLY COME! i'll try n hit u up, im still pre-sear

Hey Kidan/Atown/everybody else,

Also new to the Guild Wars world, picked it up a couple nights ago. I'm a Lvl 2 Monk at the moment, by the name of Suko Soduk, and I thinking of going Ranger or Mesmer for my second profession.

My only character right now is a ranger/mesmerist (lvl 14 atm) named Darian Hawk. At the moment he is leading towards the anticastor role in pvp, but there are a few antiwarrior abilities I am quickly growing to love. I work nights so I am not always on when others are but I would love to team up with members in the guild when others are on. It seems extremely difficult to find a even semi desent pickup team in this game. I've spent most of my time using henchmen to complete the side quests. My area of expertise is damage, I make a lousy healer. That is my wifes department. I am also an avid player in City of Heroes. If anyone plays that or is interested in trying it out let me know, I'll gladly hook up with you.

Hey all...

Not to be a noob, but what's SoE?

Um... and BWE? Is that like... Bi-weekly events or something?

Last edited:
SoE = Spirit of Elijah (name of guild)

BWE = Beta Weekend Event (what they used to have during beta)

welcome ! now im not the n00biest guy around ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back