New Member Introductions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...I am a new member.

I really don't know how to get started. I just found this organization when someone recommended me to check it out. I just recently got Guild Wars so I am not the best guy(5 days ago). I am level 12 E/N. I'd love to go questing with you guys and stuff. I just want a few good buddies to play with. In my personal life I am what you call a "newbie" Christian. Most of my family is Buddhist so I can't really be all that open about it. Iono...I just am trying to lead a Christ-centered life. I try to read the bible when I can, I just slacked off over the summer. Anyways my GW name is Rachana C. How do I get m more into the guild?

Well, I welcomed you once in your other topic, but I'll do so officially here.

As far as being a "newbie" Christian, well, congratulations on making the most important decision you will ever make. Your commitment shows after enduring that 200 post topic on FlameFAQs.

As far as the guild itself and getting involved... well, we're in the process of setting up some things. I think we're going to be putting a greater emphasis on helping each other through the missions. So far pretty much everyone is doing wonderfully with helping guild members through offering items for free or discounted prices, and I can tell that the camraderie is starting to build as we all get to know each other better.

So, don't worry about jumping right in and being on 24/7 if it's not your style. The main point of our guild is to have fun and fellowship with other believers while playing a game we enjoy. We will be starting active PvP and GvG soon, but we also have plenty of room for folks who strictly want to be PvE.

If you need something (an item, help with a mission), post it in these forums and I can almost guarantee that within 24 hours someone will be able to help.

Hey all, I am new to the site and don't have Guild Wars yet. I think it is really cool that there is alot of other christian gamers out there My mom thinks it has to much magic. I need someone to write a review for the game from a christian standpoint. Something that says the positive things about it. And only a few negative things. Also, I was wondering, are there any classes that don't use any magic?

Please reply!

Heya. I suppose I should introduce myself: right now I have a 17 W/Mo (Naelrok Ranthor), and a lower E/Me (Naalbon Ranthor). I have had the game for a little under a month now... Oh, and I am Val Paraiso's brother...

Introductions... my favorite thing! :)

My name is Aaron and my wife and I just started playing GW a few days ago. We actually picked it up for her to play, as I am leaving for a three-month deployment (I'm in the Navy) here shortly. After both creating a character, though, we realized how awesome this game was and how badly we wanted to group together, even if it was only for a few weeks before having to take a long break. I rushed out to the store yesterday and bought another copy of the game and now we have two accounts.

We're big internet geeks and spent some time searching for guilds. We stumbled onto SoE's website, by the grace of God, and here we are. I'm a long-time Christian who was raised in a non-demoninational home. My wife, Tami, never was exposed to religion of any sort until we got married. She believes fully in our Lord and we are together working to become closer to Him and to allow Him to be the focus of our daily lives.

We have two kids, a 2-year old daughter and a 4-month old son. We live in Seattle, WA. She is originally from here and I fell in love with it, too.

Our characters are low-level right now:

Her - Belle of Mountlake (Mo3)
Me - Lana of Mountlake (R3)

(If anyone has any ranger build advice, please see my separate thread on the topic.)

Well, that's us in a nutshell. We're thrilled to be here and look forward to getting to know, fellowshipping with and playing with you all in the near future and for a long time to come!

Hello all! I just joined Tribe of Judah a couple of days ago. I'm not able to join your in-game guild at this time because I have a guild of my own going with some buddies and family members of mine. I do hope to be able to still group with you guys from time to time however. Please feel free to add me to your friends list.

Jahar Narishma - E/Mo 20
Roland Astromar - R/Mo 15
Bukama Marenellin - W/R 11
Kiyosa Natomo - Mo/N 11

astrod00d said:
Hello all! I just joined Tribe of Judah a couple of days ago. I'm not able to join your in-game guild at this time because I have a guild of my own going with some buddies and family members of mine. I do hope to be able to still group with you guys from time to time however. Please feel free to add me to your friends list.

Jahar Narishma - E/Mo 20
Roland Astromar - R/Mo 15
Bukama Marenellin - W/R 11
Kiyosa Natomo - Mo/N 11

Hey, welcome! Did you PM me about one of my "recruiting" posts? Your name looks familiar. It's great to have you and if you ever do want to be a part of the guild we would love to have you. But there is nothing wrong with using our boards and getting to know us. Fellowship is always the #1 priority. :)

Mr_Slice said:
Hey, welcome! Did you PM me about one of my "recruiting" posts? Your name looks familiar. It's great to have you and if you ever do want to be a part of the guild we would love to have you. But there is nothing wrong with using our boards and getting to know us. Fellowship is always the #1 priority. :)

Yes, I was the one to reply to that post on the Guild Hall website. I wish they'd add the ability to 'ally' with other guilds so that you can use each other's players for PvP and GvG. In the meantime, just consider me a part of your guild but with a different cape in PvE.

Hello everyone. This is my first post on this forum. I was introduced to this site by Mr_Slice through the GWGuru forum.

A friend from work gave me his friend pass for the first beta weekend and I have been playing since. I joined his guild (Old Geezers), but the Guild Wars chapter never really got going. We tried to team up with some of their friends in another guild, but they all left as soon as the BF2 demo was released.

I really enjoy playing the game, but I am getting a little tired of henchmen :)

My in-game names are below in my signature. My N/Me just made Lvl20 and has gotten as far as Sactum Cay. I don't think the other 2 have made it to Yak's Bend. Please feel free to contact me in game. I look forward to meeting you.

DZwart said:
Hello everyone. This is my first post on this forum. I was introduced to this site by Mr_Slice through the GWGuru forum.

A friend from work gave me his friend pass for the first beta weekend and I have been playing since. I joined his guild (Old Geezers), but the Guild Wars chapter never really got going. We tried to team up with some of their friends in another guild, but they all left as soon as the BF2 demo was released.

I really enjoy playing the game, but I am getting a little tired of henchmen :)

My in-game names are below in my signature. My N/Me just made Lvl20 and has gotten as far as Sactum Cay. I don't think the other 2 have made it to Yak's Bend. Please feel free to contact me in game. I look forward to meeting you.

I'm still trying to get my first character to Lv. 20, but we'll hook up in-game here very soon. Great to see you here! I hope everyone makes you feel welcome as they did me.

Hi, I am Jason. I'm 19, live in North Carolina and have always been interested about online RPGs, but never enough to pay for them. When I found out that Guild Wars was free to play I was instantly sold. My character is Jason The Argonaut, a level 17.5 Ranger/Monk. I found Tribe of Judah by accident when thinking of names for my own guild. I really enjoy gaming with fellow christians and look forward to becoming an active member in this guild. Well, see you guys in Tyria!

Hello, I'm Matt, 15, in Oregon. I have a lvl 18 Mo/W in the desert and a Me/N post-searing at the moment. Now I just need to actually get into the guild...:p

I have been a member for a few weeks

At first I just played on my own, then I joined the guild, and love it. I have been out of town for the past week, but hope to play with you guys a lot.

I am the music director for TCBS (Teen Community bible Study) and love computer games.

I hope to go questing with anyone when possible and will be available a lot of the time, including PvP or GvG.

Your friend,

JWH

WOO HOO I can POST!! Anyways hi all! My name is Mike. I live in Tucson, Arizona and have been in a Christian Motorcycle Ministry for about 6 years and was in a popular Christian Band in our area for about 3 years before the Lord had different plans and had my brother and I go solo and back to mainly Christian rap. I have been playing GW for about 1 week and have been having a blast! Everyone I have met in SoE have been awesome!
God Bless you all and if you would put me on your friends list I am always up for teaming up and trying to hold my own. I have a 7 wa/ne and a 4 ra (going to dual wa for pvp)

Thanks for having me!

Character name: Ephe of Rimor

WOOT, im long time CS and CGA member, arleady in TOJ CS chapter, and now AOE chapter co-leader, i finally broke down and buaght guild wars cuz i was aching for some MMO action, im going to go for a Elementalist/Necromancer hope that combo owns some newbs like me lol . name: Atown of Rising Hil

Hi, my name is Teresa and I'm addicted to Guild Wars. ;)

I've been playing for only about three weeks. My main character right now is a level 8 Elementalist/Ranger named Violet Wanda. I heard about this site on LiveJournal when mr_slice put an invitation on the guildwars community. I have been a member of that community for a couple of months, since I unknowingly bought the game the day it came out. I'd never heard of it but went to the store to find a new game to play and thought it looked interesting.

Anyway, I'm a 40 year old housewife. (Are there other older players here?) I've been a Christian all of my life (I know, boring testimony) though not always a very serious Christian. I've applied to join the ToJ guild and am anxiously awaiting my invitation. Oh, and I think hubby applied too, but I'm not sure what name he used. I got him hooked too. Hehe...

So that's me. Oh, if you are interested in my LJ account, contact me privately and I'll be happy to share it with you.

x-fire: whispurrr (note the 3 R's as opposed to 2 R's here). I need friends!

Last edited:
Welcome!

I believe that many of us are "older" than your typical gamer. I'm 28, and have been a committed Christian for about 8 years now.

I think that your testimony is not boring, but an encouragement to those of us who have young children, that they may not make the mistakes that we made, but may remain true to God if we teach them well.

Let me know if you need any help. IGNs are listed below.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back