Is Dungeons and Dragons

[b said:
Quote[/b] (DemonAura @ April 02 2004,11:41)]If theres no more need to argue the points you present, then theres no point in defending it! Thats how you make advances in your mind, things are argued, questions are brought up. and with that answers present themselves. you have to make your own answers and not just listen to what one guy has to say. So please. For the sake of advancement for your self, as well as others; humor my defiance.
You seem to be attempting to make yourself out to be some sort of revolutionary, a radical hero in oppressive times. Yes, I agree that we should question the Christians and their beliefs. You do realize I'm an atheist, right? That's why I said "our cause", assuming you're an atheist. My point was, you're not representing us very well. Now, not all of my arguments have been spectacular, and I've been known to lose my temper and use offensive language, hence the yellow square under my name. But if you look back and read your posts, a) they all look extremely rushed, b) they don't really flow from one to another logically, and c) rather than raising questions and attempting to debate specific topics, you're bouncing off the walls like a crazed hyeina, yelling at them and prodding them without even giving them a chance to answer questions. What I mean is, rather than actually asking questions and being frustrated with their answers, you're making assumptions about their beliefs and berating them for them. You're shooting first, asking questions later.

All I'm saying is, please try to take more than two minutes to form your posts, and try to engage in an actual debate rather than randomly attacking them with everything in your bag-o-oppositions.

Any conversation about religion is nonsense anyway. and if i make up some words like.... "Mapa palapara da habba ita zul, ita na how da ta da heeten bur wate`".....It's going to change people's minds just as much as the jibberish as shown above.

Yeah, my opinion is sealed. You're totally worthless.
sad.gif

you know what i love, i love you. you are great in your wisdom and i will worship you and all you say is the "WORD" Tumor you are my god.

Tumor?

*sigh*

I am ashamed. I'm ashamed that you and I are both atheists. I'm ashamed that you and I are both human beings. I'm ashamed I'm even responding to you any more.

I also have a feeling that if you were to actually debate most of the Christians on here, you'd get totally raped. I'm not going to bail you out, either.
sad.gif
Have fun meeting Kidan.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (DemonAura @ April 02 2004,10:18)]You get me so frustrated. I KNOW YOU ARE BUT WHAT AM I! thats all this is. Religion is just a bunch of diluted lame excuses for scientific Discoveries. Creationists are the same people who call the Amazing Yappie for their fortunes.

First of all...out of the many hundreds of thousands of dinosaurs and extinct animals over the millions of years; theres barely little, or ANY Comparison to...Leviathan.....besides, in the bible all of those monsters were FIRE BREATHING DEMONS swarming around protecting the gates of hell! rar rar rar...Religion's desperate attempt to try to relate any mythical monster to modern day discoveries, just goes to show how religion is like a box-o-chocolates. You never know what kind of BS you're gonna get.
hmm...that's interesting, according to you, since I'm a creationist, I should have a huge phone bill due to 900 number psychics.  
...well, i have a large phone bill, but that's more due to my wife's calling her mother....

fire breathing demons, i don't remember reading about fire breathing demons.  gates of hell? i dont remember seeing gates of hell either.  

as for the leviathan, theres not a description outside of the fact that it's huge and lives in water.  I know quite a few animals, both extinct and still alive that fit those qualifications, a number of them are dinosaurs.

IMO those mythical monsters did exist (such as those found in norse, roman and egyptian myths) and were dinosaurs and other extince animals.  All myths have a basis of truth.  Let's look at it another way. The Chinese Zodiac is extensively real animals, cow, dog, rat, snake. With one notable exception, the dragon.  Now, which is more of a logical explanation that there existed an actual animal that the dragon legends are based upon when the ancient Chinese were creating their Zodiac or those creaters decided to add a random animal that did not fit with the others?  

I have to concur with Timor.  Your posts are disjointed and overtly aggresive, displaying an obscene lack of knowledge on the subject at hand.  You make broad statements about the nature of Biblical subjects which only show that you've never even looked at those subjects.  It's rare that I open my mouth without having at least a little time in study prior to forming a formal opinion that I use in debate in these forums (whether that be homosexual marriage, evolution or the nature of evil).  I, and all those who spend time here, would appreciate if you would accord us the same respect and actually try to learn at least your stance on a subject.

Also as a side note, don't curse on this board.

oh yeah, one more thing, light speed is not constant as your post suggests (Constants that Change)

see i dont ever get mad about a conversation or ever put out a thret to ban someone, because its just conversation. its amazing that people come to a chat room for free speech but want to silence people when they say something that goes against their beliefs. kind of weird?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (DemonAura @ April 03 2004,12:24)]see i dont ever get mad about a conversation or ever put out a thret to ban someone, because its just conversation. its amazing that people come to a chat room for free speech but want to silence people when they say something that goes against their beliefs. kind of weird?
You're now totally incoherent. Congratulations.

interesting point, but even today people see something they dont understand and the human mind has to relate it to something familiar. so some one sees some dinosaurs bones in the ground 2k ago and they dont know what it is and they proclame it to be a monster. the funny thing about the bible is people only know the most recent version of it, it is being constanly rewriten to adapt to modern thinking, i tell many of my very religous friends to research old bibles dated back even as little as 200 years and you will be amazed at the differences,

example, in a old version of the bible, it speeks of adam and lilith as the first humans on earth, and lilith rejection adam because of his sexual advances, so lilith left adam, adam went before GOD and ask to get her back, so God sent 3 angels to get lilith back. when confronted Lilith sad to the 3 angels "I will not return to Adam but i will spare the first born of who ever writes the 3 angels names on the door of the childs room" Eve did not come to later according to the old bible

so explain to me how you can rewrite something that is History? and the best part i loved about the old bibles were the Magic that was in them, spells potions and all that cheesy stuff, but the chruch at some point took it out because it was a weak point because the magic didnt work? some one explain?

Timor, I'm not talking about C-Decay. The thought that speed of light is slowing, just because the universe is getting older is somewhat dumb.

The article I posted a link to is about the fine structure constant equation of which C is just one portion

i know there is a lot of holes in my rant but the idea is there, but its amazing how many people look into this and then start to question the BOOK. its a easy thing you want to control people you have to controll the information, thats why a certain some one burnt all the books.

Lillith was never in the Bible. The story of Lillith is a hebrew myth. Utterly non-canonical and utter nonsense. It did not make it into the Bible, and I have NEVER seen a copy with a reference to Lillith within it.

Nor can I find any references to magic spells being removed from the Bible.

Links! References! Anything can be claimed, but please give references to back up your claims or say that it's your opinion.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (DemonAura @ April 02 2004,11:48)]i know there is a lot of holes in my rant but the idea is there, but its amazing how many people look into this and then start to question the BOOK. its a easy thing you want to control people you have to controll the information, thats why a certain some one burnt all the books.
have you read 1984 to many times???

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kidan @ April 03 2004,12:42)]Timor, I'm not talking about C-Decay. The thought that speed of light is slowing, just because the universe is getting older is somewhat dumb.

The article I posted a link to is about the fine structure constant equation of which C is just one portion
Oh, my apologies. I assumed you were talking about C-Decay and didn't read your article since I'm playing a game. I'll read it later.

yea i know all the theorys about "String theory" big bang" and the many ideas about light speed being faster at the start of time concept bla bla, humans have not been around very long to understand much, i am not trying to disprove the idea of God, because i cant prove his existance nor can anyone prove to me he does exist, kind of like the easter bunny, he could exist? where do all thoes colored eggs come from? its a endless argument, just like i know you are but what am i?

every thing is this life and how it works is just idea, no one really knows and no one can say "this is how it is!" so i am very open to any ideas that sound good, i would love to have some kind of life after death some kind of heven, but who knows with thousands of different types of religions and ideas on how things work and every thing has so much holes I think we can just smile and say that would be great if it works out like that and i hope it does. and treat every with respect and try to get by in this difficult life. its unavoidable to encounter tragity and i think if you believe in God and that gives you the strengh to go on and live your life, but i have a problem when someones beleifs try to control my life. I live a good life and help people as much as i can.

you want proof? Lilith and all that, not all ansewers reside on the internet. you have to research old bibles, the church would like to distroy as many of them as they can so new information is not conradicted. If you go to some antique book stores and look into it you will find plenty of information, i have sat down my self and read these Bibles most had to be translated from latin. yea i know its a endless argument and it will get no where, more planes will hit building more people will die, wonderful things will happen and life will go on. its a shame that people keep trying to make ourselvs out to be better than a simple animal, we are just talking monkeys, i have more respect for animals they dont kill for religion, money, color or sexual prefrence. i think a platypus deservs life more than us, we will be then end to this planet and hopefully life will begin again with out us. we are natures mistake,

so might as well start now, cut off your nads kill your kids and then take your weak life, religion is the weakness of human kind.

Let's pretend that there is a god, but you Christians have it wrong; you have chosen the wrong religion to follow. For this mistake you will suffer in hell for eternity. What will you think of god then? Will you say "Oh well, I guess I'm a dummy. I got it all wrong. I deserve my punishment." What would your opinion of god be if that happened?

Back