Is Dungeons and Dragons

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The Koran is believed to be Scripture you know
The Koran matches the definition of scripture.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Scripture  
SYLLABICATION: Scrip·ture
PRONUNCIATION: AUDIO: skrpchr     KEY  
NOUN: 1a. A sacred writing or book. b. A passage from such a writing or book.
2. The sacred writings of the Bible. Often used in the plural. Also called Holy Scriptures.
3. scripture A statement regarded as authoritative.  
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Paul identifies Scripture with being God breathed and being God's Words, chosen and appointed by God to be written.

Therefore your if the Bible is taken to be Scripture, then it is God breathed. Your argument about the Tanach is entirely irrelevant.  
If you believe Paul meant all scripture from then and to come  and you accept Paul then you need to accept all "Holy books" the Koran, Vedas, the book of Mormon etc.  
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Quote  
Paul called scripture (and he only meant the Tanach)

You haven't shown this.  This is pure exegesis.  You haven't even shown this.
Ok then I have a question for you. What scriptures did Paul use hmmmm? Did he use the Tanach (or the Septuagint ) or did he use the Bible? I hope you dont think he used the Bible.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]*sigh* I can play this game too.

Yes, it was.
Ok then. Your argument was this.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Col. 2:3 tells us that in Christ is all wisdom and knowledge.  John 1:1 identifies Christ with the Word.
Now will you please tell me how that calls the Bible the word of God?!?!?!

Paul learned at the feet of Gamelio one of the great Rabis of his time, you better believe he was using the orignal version of the OT in hebrew like all "good" jews of the time.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]If he answers, because it says so in the bible then you can sign him up for the DIY lobotomy and rubber wallpaper, because he won't be needing the power of thought ever again. ;)

Hehe. I know a few people who would be well suited to this DIY course.
smile.gif

Miscellaneous, could you respond to my post? It's on page 12.

Apparently, Odin knows all ends due to that whole thing of losing his eye for the gift of wisdom and foresight. He believes that the Good side will win, and that although just about all of the Gods will die (Thors sons survive, I think, amongst a few of the next-gen) and all the men, there will be created a new world free of evil, and the new Gods will create new men to enjoy it. This is because of the sacrifice of the warriors who join the Gods against evil at Ragnarok.

Eon

Of course, although not in the sense that you worship Yahweh. They represent traits and ideals that I find admirable, and they are worthy of worship. Not that I expect them to guard and watch over me, just that I expect to be allotted a mission equal to my talents.

Eon

[b said:
Quote[/b] (timor @ Mar. 29 2004,6:17)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lewanuva2003 @ Mar. 29 2004,6:13)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (timor @ Mar. 29 2004,3:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lewanuva2003 @ Mar. 28 2004,6:41)]Have you ever thought that some Scientists have surrendered the fact that there is a God?
Have you ever thought that some preachers have become atheists?

Let's not appeal to authorities.
Yeah, because they're idiots, how did EVERYTHING begin? What was before the Big Bang? want another question? WHY ARE WE HERE???!!!
Wow, you're a moron. I hope you're incapable of reproducing.

What was there before the Big Bang? Matter and energy, as always. Why are we here? If you're searching for purpose, I'm not sure you'll find it besides that which you assign to yourself. If you're asking for an explanation, get a science textbook -- its obvious that you need a lot more education than I can give you over a message board.
I'm searching for a purpose, it's not accidental that we are here, science makes sense, in some cases yes, but what really happened before the Big Bang, and exactly what created the Big Bang, where did the pressure come from? Now, also, christianity is a HUGE issue, we are all aware of that I hope, but to be a christian means that you firmly believe there is a way to go to heaven. Refer to what God ave us as "free stuff." Now if there is no God absolutely nothing will happen to me when I die besides what is stated in the laws of science. But if there is a God I would not want to take the chance of not believing in him. Do you see what I'm getting at?

I Like DND. Its so cool. What is the problem. Does your GOD forbid you to use a level 3 Battlerat? Or do you need to ask a web site of self proclaimed religious mediators that fumble between the relms of right and wrong. Don't be so full of crap. It's a GAME. YOU'RE NOT going around outside with a hack saw slicing people and their pets up. Play the game, and just shuttup.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (timor @ Mar. 31 2004,12:06)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Narnia @ Mar. 30 2004,10:30)]When we speak of the inerrancy of the Bible, we are referring to the Bible in it's original form. There is no question that down through the ages scribes added verses. Also many modern translations are more interpretive than literal translation. Some cults like Jehovah's Witnesses have taken Jesus Christ  out of some verses and substituted Jehovah. Because men have erred in transcribing God's word doesn't take away from the truth of it's message which is all about God's creation, man's sin and God's salvation.
Never will I ever accept the "translation error" excuse as valid. This is an absolutely ridiculous claim. If the Bible is God's way of communicating with me, and if God really wants to save me, then he should at least take the time to proof read his best-seller.
The Bible is fine as is for now. At least for as much as I have read. But as for God wanting to save you, you must give him the chance by prayer. Pray to him to show you he exists, because that is exactly what he did with me.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I Like DND. Its so cool. What is the problem. Does your GOD forbid you to use a level 3 Battlerat? Or do you need to ask a web site of self proclaimed religious mediators that fumble between the relms of right and wrong. Don't be so full of crap. It's a GAME. YOU'RE NOT going around outside with a hack saw slicing people and their pets up. Play the game, and just shuttup.
In my eye, it's completely fine to play any kind of video games unless you do things the same way that are done in the game. Unfortunately that's what some people do but as long as we know not to kill, etc. we are completely fine.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Now if there is no God absolutely nothing will happen to me when I die besides what is stated in the laws of science. But if there is a God I would not want to take the chance of not believing in him. Do you see what I'm getting at?
You are looking at things from the perspective that if there is a god, your faith must be right one. Either god is who you happen to believe he is, or there is no god. Maybe the Jews are right and even though you happen to believe in god, you are worshipping a false idol in Jesus. God wouldn't tolerate you breaking an important commandment like that, would he? He would have to send you to hell for that.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Grand Master @ April 02 2004,9:33)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Now if there is no God absolutely nothing will happen to me when I die besides what is stated in the laws of science. But if there is a God I would not want to take the chance of not believing in him. Do you see what I'm getting at?
You are looking at things from the perspective that if there is a god, your faith must be right one. Either god is who you happen to believe he is, or there is no god. Maybe the Jews are right and even though you happen to believe in god, you are worshipping a false idol in Jesus. God wouldn't tolerate you breaking an important commandment like that, would he? He would have to send you to hell for that.
I'm not actually believing there is no God, I know he exists, and I pray that he forgives me and tells that to me if I am doing that, I also believe in God because I Earth is practically the only planet perfect for human life.

They say that there are TRILLIANS AND TRILLIANS OF GALAXIES. And trillians and trillians of PLANETS BEYOND THAT! There are Billions and billions and TRILLIANS of light years to just GET to the ends of the UNIVERSE, you dont THINK that eventually you're going to bump into a planet with life? And you can go in a straight line in any direction you please. Eventually, there will be a planet, with life on it, that is saying the EXACT same thing you are saying now. Think about it. According to the bible the universe is only 2000 years old. Dinosaurs have been around for millions of years! you have been here for such a meager existance you do not have the knowledge or the experience to say whether a god exists or not. Until he puts a beam of light UP MY ASS and says, "I am god, this is a beam of light. Feel my presence." I live in reality. I have to go every day to work, and when i cross the street and dont look, i become road pizza. OF all the people who have become road pizza, and all the planes crashing into buildings when do you think is a good time for a Divine Intervention....how about......now......nope nope....how bout.......nope not yet..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (DemonAura @ April 02 2004,10:13)]They say that there are TRILLIANS AND TRILLIANS OF GALAXIES. And trillians and trillians of PLANETS BEYOND THAT!  There are Billions and billions and TRILLIANS of light years to just GET to the ends of the UNIVERSE, you dont THINK that eventually you're going to bump into a planet with life? And you can go in a straight line in any direction you please. Eventually, there will be a planet, with life on it, that is saying the EXACT same thing you are saying now. Think about it. According to the bible the universe is only 2000 years old. Dinosaurs have been around for millions of years! you have been here for such a meager existance you do not have the knowledge or the experience to say whether a god exists or not. Until he puts a beam of light UP MY ASS and says, "I am god, this is a beam of light. Feel my presence." I live in reality. I have to go every day to work, and when i cross the street and dont look, i become road pizza. OF all the people who have become road pizza, and all the planes crashing into buildings when do you think is a good time for a Divine Intervention....how about......now......nope nope....how bout.......nope not yet..
I do not doubt there are trillions of galaxies, but, have we found a planet with life on it right now? And according to the Bible the Universe is a lot older than 2000 years, where does it say that the universe began 2000 years ago? And yes the dinosaurs did exist as well, I'll look for where it says that and I'll get back to you. It may take a few days though, lol, I have a life too.

Now where in the bible does it say anywhere that dinosaurs existed. The reason that they said that dinosaurs didnt exist, was that before the existance of adam and eve, There was no death and suffering because God had created the perfect world. thats based on the whole thing about when they ate the stupid apple and the original sin...bla bla bla...but im sure you know. So therefore dinosaurs could not have existed before the bible, because there would have been DEATH. Because if it was a perfect world, the dinosaurs could not have existed, because all the dinosaurs DIED. and besides, we can make it to the moon but WE CANT EVEN GET A FRIGGIN SPACE SHIP TO MARS! We cant even get out of our own solar system... So its not like we cant even zoom into a telescope and say " OH HELLO! i see you!" We cant see the surface of planets through telescopes in OUR OWN GALAXY. Let alone Something 13 BILLION Light years away! by the by...Light speed is 186,000 miles per second...

I will find that verse. Also, Until we find actual proof there is life somewhere else other that Earth I will not believe that there is life anywhere but Earth. But if you find proof I will likely admit to it.

actually the Bible makes reference to animals that very well could be dinosaurs, behemoths and leviathians and the like. Remember the word dinosaur is a very new word. It was coined in the mid ninteenth century if memory serves.

It's a never endng cycle. despite what scientists discover, and no matter how many times religion is disproved, religion just comes up with more and more lame excuses on why things are...

You get me so frustrated. I KNOW YOU ARE BUT WHAT AM I! thats all this is. Religion is just a bunch of diluted lame excuses for scientific Discoveries. Creationists are the same people who call the Amazing Yappie for their fortunes.

First of all...out of the many hundreds of thousands of dinosaurs and extinct animals over the millions of years; theres barely little, or ANY Comparison to...Leviathan.....besides, in the bible all of those monsters were FIRE BREATHING DEMONS swarming around protecting the gates of hell! rar rar rar...Religion's desperate attempt to try to relate any mythical monster to modern day discoveries, just goes to show how religion is like a box-o-chocolates. You never know what kind of BS you're gonna get.

DemonAura, you're not doing much for our cause, buddy. Work on a bit more cogent arguments, please. "rar rar rar" is not very impressive, or compelling.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I'm not actually believing there is no God, I know he exists, and I pray that he forgives me and tells that to me if I am doing that, I also believe in God because I Earth is practically the only planet perfect for human life.
Lewanuva2003, GrandMaster's post was in response to your abridged version of Pascal's wager. You didn't really respond to him...in fact, the beginning of your sentence doesn't even make any sense.
As for earth being "the only planet perfect for human life", I refer you to the anthropic principle. I shouldn't have to, though -- all you're doing is making an appeal to wonder.

If theres no more need to argue the points you present, then theres no point in defending it! Thats how you make advances in your mind, things are argued, questions are brought up. and with that answers present themselves. you have to make your own answers and not just listen to what one guy has to say. So please. For the sake of advancement for your self, as well as others; humor my defiance.

Back