How can I have wired internet w/o a 50FT cable?

Dang, no difference.

Modem > Phone > Router > PC.
Modem > Router > Phone and PC.

100% Stability, -50% connection speed. :(

Lame international phone company, VoiP.

we went from phone line with verizon to taking that phone number and adding it as a third cell phone on my business plan.

Just to make sure, checked with both routers, DLINK and LINKSYS, same download/upload speed, same disconnections; 5 minutes!

I'm gonna try and call them tomorrow because serious, its driving me INSANE!

The new DLC just came from Left 4 Dead, and I can play it for only 5 minutes! :mad: :( *cries*

Last edited:
If you look at your DSL modem, it should have a light on it labeled DSL. Try and check it next time you lost connection. Does the light go red, blink, go off, anything odd?

Corp.fox said:
Cable Modem; Its hooked from Cable modem > Phone Adapter > Router > PC.; The current set-up now, the Router with the Cable Modem is in the other room, across from me.

No. The real problem is my VoIP; Internet Phone, -50% internet speed.

Without VoIP; Internet Phone adapter, 100%.

Need to call them, bark at them! :D

Sorry, I wish I had the time to read all of the posts before that last couple...I just don't have that time...sorry...was just trying to help...

Weird.

I went to check to see if its just the routers (and they were not) yesterday.

Then when I plugged the phone adapter, I do have the cheesy -50% connection but oddly, I've been getting impossible lag! :eek:

And I didn't even call my phone company... :confused:

no it's not odd..with the phone adaptor throttling your bandwidth that's why you'll see the lag as well

throtting my bandwidth...

It seems to be working now, no problems, 150% internet connection (Firefox wise). While gaming, amazing great on ping.

Somehow, they must of known the problem and fixed it. But do I need to call them or should I wait till it becomes problematic later?

Also, the set-up is: Cable Modem > Router > PC 1st & 2nd, Phone Adapter 3rd.

Cool!

I'm using the Wireless N Adapter and the connections seems stable.

I'm also surprised about the speed too, much faster than my wired. :eek:

Speed: 130.0 Mbps and Up

I haven't tried gaming yet and into my new room.

I hope it doesn't make a difference when I move the PC.

Okay, tried gaming, its decent. I am laggy but not too bad and no more 15 minute interruptions!

Last edited:
throtting my bandwidth...

It seems to be working now, no problems, 150% internet connection (Firefox wise). While gaming, amazing great on ping.

Somehow, they must of known the problem and fixed it. But do I need to call them or should I wait till it becomes problematic later?

Also, the set-up is: Cable Modem > Router > PC 1st & 2nd, Phone Adapter 3rd.

it's still there you just got the pc's in front of the phone adapter which allows them to avoid the qos.

Joy!

Everything completely is in my new room!

Its so "tight" that I need to show you how "tight" my room really is. ;)

And the Wireless N USB is working the same as it did yesterday.

Heh, I cannot install the webcam program. Apparently, I have (negative) -1164MB out of (positive) 32MB. :eek

I have a walkway from the door to the head of the Bed.

And I have filled 75% of my new room, which is exactly why my Monitor is onto of my Tower PC.

Though, I've thought about using the TV, since it is behind the PC but its connectors are in-compatible because it is a old Electrohome TV, made in Mexico. :p

Wow, playing without a desk and chair sure is hard. It feels like I'm using wireless keyboard and mouse but their viewable wired. And I'm using my pillow as a mouse holder. -_-

And since the monitor is a couple feet away from me, its very hard to see this fine printing and worse, it would x4 as a scope for any shooter games. :(

Last edited:
Back