Heaven

So you don't even need the Bible then, hmm?

God tells you all that you need to know?

Your assertation is illogical at best. You decided that you wanted this to be true, so no matter what happened, you would believe it. That's like saying I decided I wanted to believe in the Invisible Pink Unicorn, so I won't let logic or reason get in my way, I'll just believe!

As I have said before, this is the ONLY instance where hearing voices would not put you immediately in a straightjacket.

THe bible is his word, I study it and he interprets it for me through his holy spirit.

I decided I wanted it to be the truth, and I belive it because it is true. I dont hear voices, God doesnt speak to the ear.

How does God speak to you then? Solely through interpretation? What makes you think that God is speaking to you, and how do you know it's God?

If you are studying the Bible to interpret God's will, then you should have some scriptural evidence for these things that you are talking about.

Those that are rational amongst us don't believe things because we want to believe in them, we believe in them because there is proof that they exist and we have no other choice but to believe. That's logic and reason at work.

God speaks to the heart, the soul.. I know it because theres no denying it. How do you expect me to explain this to you in english?

I do have evidence! I just dont remember the evidence just the fact that the evidence proves.

No its the stubborn human mind at work.

I am asking for scriptural evidence. God speaks to your heart and your soul, as you said.

You believe it to be God, there is no evidence for that, but that is what you believe.

How then, does this teach you about the scriptures? Please show me the scriptures that you were enlightened about to back up your beliefs.

go to www.ccphilly.org and listen to Joe read a chapter to you He will prove everything he says. Its in the vers by verse section. Be warned it take 1.5 hours for one chapter as he proves and explains it all.

I don't care about Joe, I'm asking YOU since these are YOUR beliefs.

Are you telling me that you have such solid convictions and have yet to read the entirety of the Bible?

Joe is the one with the proof, he is the researcher and teacher I am the student. Why dont you challenge him?

Once Gods spirit is inside yo the Bibles job s done, but there is always more to learn.

Because I'm not asking about JOE'S beliefs, I'm asking about YOUR beliefs. Were I interested in Joe, I would talk to Joe.

And I thought God and Christ were the teachers, not men.

Why do you need Joe if you have God's spirit working through you? I thought God spoke to you.

God teaches through Joe. I need Joe because he has experience with all of these things and can tell us what we are feeling because he was there before. Listen to him

Let me say this another way.

You learned addition and subtraction did you not?

If you learned how to add and subtract, you can teach those fundamentals to someone else.

That is what I am asking here.  I want to know YOUR views and YOUR opinions.  I don't care where you learned them, they are your own.  So I am asking for YOUR answers, not Joe's.

You are not a puppet, you have a thinking, working brain in between your ears.  You're not a sheep, blindly following the shepherd.  So stick up for yourself and defend YOUR viewpoint.

EDIT TO ADD...

I am a student too. I learn from others. But I have taken their teachings and created my world view. When someone asks me a question, I don't refer them to somebody else, I explain it myself, because these views are mine.

I could teach you subratcion yes, but I couldnt prove it to you.

Im not here to defend my faith Im here to try and bring eternal life to poeple like myself and you.

But, there IS an underlying mathematical theorum that proves addition and subtraction is there not?

Were I to try and prove that one plus one equals two, I could do that because there are facts behind the math.

Were these discussions that easy. These discussions are subjective, hence the need to explain belief. You, however, will not do that with reason and logic, instead you defer me to someone else. If you believe something you should be able to tell me why you believe that way.

Then again, I ask you, why do you believe in something that you don't understand?

If you would be so kind, please post the address again for Joe.

www.ccphilly.org YOu canont possibly completely understand anything uless you have created it. Does that mean you do not belive in fire eince you do not understand it completely? DO you not belive in life since oyu cannot understand it??? HMMM?

Im going ot bed now its 10:50PM ill be back in the morning!

ARRRRRRRRRRRRG!

Actually I DO understand fire, and I DO understand life. I also know why the sky is blue and why the grass is green.

What I can not understand, for the life of me, is how you can try and rationalize this thread. You stated that it was impossible to understand God, yet somehow you do through some presence, yet you only have a cursory understanding of it. You cannot explain or back up any of your views or beliefs, yet you contend they are solid, not because you have proven them to yourself, but because Joe tells you so.

I dont understand Gods ways, no one does. But I understand right and wrong and what he wants me to do for him.

Joe has proven everthing with solic undenyable facts. You cannot even read the bible correctly unless you understand and know greek and arimiac because the translations are imperfecnt and he can explain why. We have one word for heaven the aramiac have 2 and things like that.

Do you actually interact with Joe personally or do you just listen to his audio? Do you go to any one of these churches?

I think the majority of people here will agree with me when I say that you are on a slippery slope here. You cannot get your knowledge spoonfed to you by any one person. You cannot just accept it blindly, you should test it and make sure that the information is correct. But you said yourself that you have read very little of the Bible. How can you understand a book when you only read a few chapters of it?

If God is impossible to understand, as you have said, how is it that you can glean knowledge from Him without an understanding of the Bible?

Back