Dungeons and Dragons Online: Stormreach

Heya DoctorWho. I just wanted to mention that the characters we play on Friday nights we only play them on Friday nights... so they will be advancing very slowly - no need to worry about falling behind us! :). At this point we <i>still</i> haven't done waterworks - mainly due to our power outage last weekend. I'm hoping we get through that tonight! With our current group (Fighter/Cleric/Rogue/Sorcerer/Wizard) it shouldn't be a problem :)

On that note Ted, Jake and I have other characters that we play throughout the week: Ezra, Edra and Orenge - Cleric, Fighter and Wizard/Rogue respectively. They just hit level 3 and have made it to the Market Place and have done a few of the quests there. Ted and I also have other characters we play: CWG Model EXG - Fighter, Crystabel - Sorcerer, I think we're still level one with those characters. If you (or anyone else playing!)are on during the week and want to group up send us a tell. We're usually on from 9:30/10 PM EST to around 11:30 EST on many weekday nights and a little longer on weekends.

See you later!
Crys

Crystabel said:
Heya DoctorWho. I just wanted to mention that the characters we play on Friday nights we only play them on Friday nights... so they will be advancing very slowly - no need to worry about falling behind us! :). At this point we <i>still</i> haven't done waterworks - mainly due to our power outage last weekend. I'm hoping we get through that tonight! With our current group (Fighter/Cleric/Rogue/Sorcerer/Wizard) it shouldn't be a problem :)

Awesome, thats great as I work 2 jobs and will find it rare to party with you all on Friday nights, but quite later.

Crystabel said:
On that note Ted, Jake and I have other characters that we play throughout the week: Ezra, Edra and Orenge - Cleric, Fighter and Wizard/Rogue respectively. They just hit level 3 and have made it to the Market Place and have done a few of the quests there. Ted and I also have other characters we play: CWG Model EXG - Fighter, Crystabel - Sorcerer, I think we're still level one with those characters. If you (or anyone else playing!)are on during the week and want to group up send us a tell. We're usually on from 9:30/10 PM EST to around 11:30 EST on many weekday nights and a little longer on weekends.

See you later!
Crys

Hey if everyone is interested I have made up a Guild named "Sojourners" and I'd like you folks to add as many characters to it so we can keep track of each other and the times we're on. I typically have a main character but enjoy playing other characters. In fact I'm thinking about starting out a Fighter for the stamina and hitpoints and then multicalssing later into a Sorceror or Wizard for the arcane arts. Holler at me when your on and I'll add your character to the guild if you so desire.

Thanks,
DoctorWho aka Grimlore the Wizard or Grimus the Rogue.:cool:

Tek7 said:
Still, if more people start playing and someone is looking to hand off their guest pass, I'm here! :D

Tek I have just purchased the full version and upgraded today and I have a guest pass for you if your still interested. Let me know and I'll PM it to you today so hopefully you can get in this weekend.

Later,
KC:D

DoctorWho said:
Tek I have just purchased the full version and upgraded today and I have a guest pass for you if your still interested. Let me know and I'll PM it to you today so hopefully you can get in this weekend.
PM sent. :D

Just wanted to let you Friday nighters know that most likely we won't be on this coming Friday (March 24). My mother-in-law is visiting so we haven't been able to game much. If she goes to bed early we may be able to get on but I just can't be certain of it.

*sigh*

Crys :)

We'll be on tonight (Friday March 31st). In fact, I'm already on :) If you don't see Rhaele on I'll be on as Edra and Gaal is Ezra.

Crys

So far (just played for an hour or so tonight), the quests are very well written and true to pen & paper RPGs. The controls will take a bit to get used to, the interface is quirky, and I got lagged out of Stormreach Port twice. If SP is just a very congested area, and the lag issue isn't in all towns, then maybe this will be something I can sink my teeth into. Anyhow, I do feel the need to RP a bit.

Pastori Mastson regained his land legs very quickly after the ride to Port Stormreach. The first person he saw upon reaching dry land was the town noble, who, as it turns out, was actually a noble of nothing. Pretty boy, thought Pastori. How's a con-man like that going to help me find my fortune? I need to find some good, honest folk who will pay a man a fair wage for a job well done. At the advice of the "noble", Pastori met with Siegfried, the purveyor of the local tavern. Inside, the tall, blond-haired Paladin found a bustling bar scene.

Siegfried turned out to be just the kind of guy Pastori wanted to meet-- honest, blue collar, and willing to provide work. Hired as an assistant, the first thing Pastori noted was that when he went to retrieve more ale, a hidden door suddenly slid open. Curious, he peered down the seemingly empty hallway. As he moved down the dark corridor, the sense of intrigue overcame his fear. That is, until he heard the rhythmic, guttural snores of a small sleeping creature. Pastori raised his Falchion, knowing that it might be necessary. As he glanced around the corner, he saw a sleeping kobold, and behind him were two treasure chests.

Kobolds are not known for carrying large sums of money, but any amount was more than the lint that Pastori carried in his pocket. Siezing the opportunity to capitalize on both his need for gold and his desire to rid the world of evil, one creature at a time, he raised the Falchion high above his head. The only thing the kobold saw when he opened his eyes was the fearful sight of the sword coming down on his neck. He barely uttered a squeal of horror before it was cut off by the blade. Good, thought Pastori. He saw enough to know who ended him.

In one of the treasure boxes were a couple of pieces of gold-- enough for a meal, maybe. But, the second box contained what appeared to be some sort of religious artifact, the likes of which the paladin had never seen. Perhaps a clergyman can tell me more. Pastori reached for the icon, and when he grasped it, his entire hand felt like it was on fire. What manner of evil magic is this?!? He quickly threw the item in his pouch, and the throbbing in his hand stopped. He returned to the tavern to see what Siegfried made of this strange happening.

Siegfried sensed the evil aura as soon as Pastori returned with the ale he requested. "You'd better go see a priest about that artifact," advised the barkeep.

Fortunately, a brother of the faith happened to be standing next to them. After Pastori showed him the idol, the cleric waved his arms, and it simply vanished. "Pastori," begand the clergyman, "you must find the source f the evil beneath the tavern." I am duty sworn to to obey the office of the church, thought Pastori. "I would be glad to assist you, sir," said Pastori with a bow.

His Falchion was poised, ready to swing at anything that moved. If there's one kobold, there's probably a dozen. Sure enough, after delving a bit further into the cavern, kobold after kobold attempted to make Pastori turn away, and each one fell to his blade. He lost count after the sixth kill. The final one, however, was the most difficult-- an archer who launched arrows from a platform. Pastori scaled the ladder and struck down that kobold with two arrows protruding from his armor.

He then descended another ladder into a pit, and at the end of the pit an altar stood. There's a source of evil if I ever saw it. He slowly moved to topple the altar when a voiced boomed out of nowhere, "FOOL! I will bury you alive in this cavern!" The walls started to shake, and Pastori knew the time to get out was now. He climbed the ladder, ran back through the cavern, but was attacked from behind as he passed through a door.

Where'd he come from? thought Pastori, as he regained his feet and faced off against the creator of this madness. Two swift cuts from his blade felled the madman, and almost instantly, the cavern walls stilled. Exhausted, Pastori walked back out of the cavern.

"Bravo!" said the cleric upon his return. "I was a bit worried when the ground began trembling, but I am glad to see you again. The evil has been destroyed, and to show my gratitude, here is your reward." A measly three gold pieces? thought Pastori. Guess I'd best be gracious to my "benefactor". "Most kind of you, your grace. Until we meet again..." you cheapskate.

:( Sorry I missed yall the other night but something came up. If you want we can do another night to make up for it. Just not tonight. I also want to give you a heads up this time as I will be out of town on 4/28 so I won't be able to make it that night. Should be good to go this week though :) and Again sorry for not showing or giving a warning...:(

Heya WildBill - here's the list for my family and myself:

Ted:
Ezra - Level 3 Cleric (almost 4)
Gaal - Level 2 Fighter (Friday night character)
Barrdon - Level 1 Ranger (his repeater character)

Darcie - (this is my real life character also known as Crystabel) :)
Edra - Level 3 Fighter (close to 4)
Rhaele - Level 2 Cleric (this is my Fri night character)
Kaile - Level 1 Paladin (this is my repeater crossbow character)
Rebekka St. Jaymz - Level 1 Bard (this is my solo character - can't wait to try WW with her)

Jake:
Orenge - Level 2 Wiz/Lev 1 Rogue (almost Lev 3 Wiz)
Ekaj - Level 2 Rogue (Fri night character)

And that's us! So when I say "we" all the time I'm not referring to voices in my head...REALLY!

OK I'm adding everyone (I hope)

Crystabel said:
Heya WildBill - here's the list for my family and myself:

Ted:
Ezra - Level 3 Cleric (almost 4)
Gaal - Level 2 Fighter (Friday night character)
Barrdon - Level 1 Ranger (his repeater character)

Darcie - (this is my real life character also known as Crystabel) :)
Edra - Level 3 Fighter (close to 4)
Rhaele - Level 2 Cleric (this is my Fri night character)
Kaile - Level 1 Paladin (this is my repeater crossbow character)
Rebekka St. Jaymz - Level 1 Bard (this is my solo character - can't wait to try WW with her)

Jake:
Orenge - Level 2 Wiz/Lev 1 Rogue (almost Lev 3 Wiz)
Ekaj - Level 2 Rogue (Fri night character)

And that's us! So when I say "we" all the time I'm not referring to voices in my head...REALLY!

Ok I'm going to add everyone tonight after I get home, download the update and get my kids for the weekend. I'll also be playing tonight as well sometimes after 9:00 P.M CST. Also let me know if anyone wants to join the Sojourners guild I created so we can all fellowship together and I'll add you. I have 3 characters I play but can only remember 2 of their names so I'll edit this post later tonight with the information. Love you all!!!

Nightravn - level 2 human sorcerer - friday night char
Bromill Skullcrusher - level 1 dwarf fighter
Nightfall - level 1 human Rogue
Landrake - level 1 Wizard

Back