Dungeons and Dragons Online: Stormreach

Nightravn said:
From previous post

a Wizzy and a Pally would be good.

Ill come on at 9 CST to help you get caught up.

Excellent then a Wizard it is! WooHoo!!!

Doc, the "I'll bring the catnip, Doretos, Mountain Dew and familiar" Wizard. :D

Behold the Mighty (insert ominous sounding name here) Approaches!

Nightravn said:
ohh BTW what is your Char name going to be.... I'll will be on as Nightravn or Nightfall

Well it depends upon what name is available. Typically I name my wizards Grimlore or some derivation of "Shadow" and "Wisdom". I'll be sure and look you up ASAP and also post what name I can get. I should be able to post from the Scout church tonight if I can tag on to a wireless connection long enough hehe. Sometimes I can pick up a unencrypted signal or two from the surrounding neighborhood. I plan to leave work a bit early today so I can install the client before I leave for Scouts.

Doc "MMORPG, it does a body good"!

Ok I'm in...

Just created a character (Human Wizard) named Grimlore Shadowtongue on the Gallahandra (sp?) server. I'll try to whip through as many newbie quests as possible before tonight.

See you on later...:D

Hey DOC sorry for missing ya last night. How did it go? If You still need some catching up to do let me know. I SHOULD be able to get on either tonight, though it would be late like 9pm CST, or tomorrow.

Grimlore Shadowtongue Reporting in!

I first arrove in Stormreach last night after a grueling stop over at Smuggler's Rest where I was forced to wait with the unwashed masses while the storm abated enough for us to travel on. While on the small island I availed myseld of the local tavern to pick up some much needed supplies and even hone my skills somewhat. Although there was not much in the way of magical studies, my true reason for journeying to Stormreach, I was able to work for a local mage of some repute so my stay was not all that wasted. Once the storm let up enough for travel I and my shipmates began the journey to Stormreach.

Upon arrival in Stormreach I was greeted with the disheartening information that the entire city had been placed in some sort of passage restriction, keeping me from immediately traveling to the learned halls which I so eagely sought out. It soon became apparent to me that I must "work" my way in to the city by cajoling, trickery or downright confrontation with the local folk. It seems a burden to have to work this much physically to obtain the knowledge I seek, but I have earned far harder rewards with much more loss in the past. Last night I made it in to the Harbor area after completeing a "few" dishonest tasks for a so-called "Local Lord". The man was a travesty to fellow merchants, but one can not be too choosey in the pursuit of knowledge and how one aqquires it.

I had almost completed the first "task" that the man sent me on but was stopped short of my objective by a roving metalic guardian which I had heard about beasts of this nature guarding places but have never seen until now. While I was recouperating in the local tavern I met a short man by the name of Rags who it seemed was determined to complete the same task but was having difficulties as well. Seeing an opportunity we both agreed to help each other in to the Harbor in a mutual agreement that once we were in the Harbor we would part ways. Frankly from the onset of our "business" arrangement I had my suspicions that Rags was a thief of some sorts and my intuition was right as I saw him find and disable many a trap that evening. Over all it was a great evening and once we reached the inner Harbor we parted ways, both of us finding a new friend in this large city. As I sit here in the "Leaky Dinghy" tavern composing my thoughts in my journal I am excited at the many sights and adventures that my quest will bring on the morrow.

Grimlore Shadowtongue - Wizard of the 1st Rank, Second Circle

Grimlore's Journey: Stormreach Day 2

Sitting here in the Leaky Dinghy, drinking a rather tall mug of ale, the bitter sweet taste of the drink is followed by the salty taste of blood that slowly oozes from the hole that used to hold my tooth. As I scribe down the days adventure I wince once again in reflex as I think back to the meathook that was attached to the bugbear's arm. But I'm getting ahead of myself. Let me start from the beginning this morning which started out like a day filled with promise.

As I arose for breakfast early this morning I was about to go about my normal ritual of excercise and meditation (some Wizards tend to be more studious in nature and neglect their physical atributes, but not I), my attention was drawn to a envelope that someone had pushed under my door during the night. Normally I am a light sleeper but I must have been exhausted from the days activities upon my arrival. Reaching down and opening the letter brought a smile to my face. It was from Nightraven, who had promised to meet me upon my arrival in Stormreach yesterday. She stated that she was held up working on another job and would not be able to assist me just yet but that I was to continue on and she would catch up later. This day promised to be full of yet more adventure as I peered out across the fog laden wharf below.

During my morning breakfast downstairs in the tavern I overheard the tavernkeep mention that the harbormaster was in need of some able bodied adventurers to assist him in a task of high risk. I sought out the man and was given the task to help clear out the waterworks of a huge Kobold infestation, perhaps the largest concentration the city has ever seen. I was joined by five others who partied together with like interests. Things were going along nicely up until I got too close to the bugbear that was controlling the kobolds and my face connected with his massive fist. I must remember to stay clear of all close combat if possible and rely more heavily on my training in the magical arts. This is nothing like the local woods I used to romp in with the occcaisional scraggly kobold or orc. Well I'd best be off and do something about this tooth of mine. Perhaps the mage I trained with last night might know someone who can heal this.

Grimlore Shadowtongue - Wizard - 2nd Rank

Last edited:
OOC: WOW! I LOVE this game. Made it level 2 last night (after playing I looked at the clock and it was 3:00 A.M. ?!?!?!!?!?!? UGH!) after finishing the "Waterworks" instance. It has been a LONG time since I have felt this ecstatic about fighting long and hard just to obtain level 2 hehe. Still going to have to learn the controls and remember that as a Wizard I SHOULD NOT be in combat unless the odds are in my favour. Oh well got some cool new spells, upped my available spell points and can now memorize 4 spells at a shot. It's AWESOME when I have to stratigically decide when resting what spells I might need. Last night we were having troubles with some spiders in the "Warehouse" instance and they were down this area where we could snipe them from above and I should have memorized magic missile but I did not :( Did I say I LOVE this game :) ?!?!?!?!!?

Doc "The Glass Jaw Wizard"

Last edited:
We'll be on at 8 EST - looking forward to grouping up again!
Doc - I hope you don't mind repeating a few of those quests tonight as we haven't made it to Waterworks or Harbormaster yet :)
See you then!!!!
Crys

Tonight's sessions

Crystabel said:
We'll be on at 8 EST - looking forward to grouping up again!
Doc - I hope you don't mind repeating a few of those quests tonight as we haven't made it to Waterworks or Harbormaster yet :)
See you then!!!!
Crys

Awesome, I can't wait to party up with everyone. I have to go pick up my kids for the weekend and will probably get online around 8:30-9:00 P.M. CST which would make it about 10:00 your time. I'd be happy to redo the "waterworks" module as it is a multipart one and has many sub-quests in it. Also I'll go ahead and add as many PC names to my friends list so I can tell when folks are online.

Also how does everyone feel about using the ingame VOIP feature?

About the VOIP thing - we don't have headsets/mic's yet and it will probably be about a week or 2 before we can get them so we'll be typing until then. (we being the family, i don't have multiple personalities!!) :)

Crys

Ill be there though I am re-thinking Nightravn so He(I'm male grim) may be a little different and a little behind the ball. I'll be on early to try to get him somewhat caught up.

[toj.cc]WildBillKickoff said:
Tek, I think we may both be out of luck, as there are more folks seeking guest passes than those who actually pay to play. :<
Oh noes!

It's just as well, I suppose. School is starting back up this week (spring break was last week), so I'll be short on time as is.

Still, if more people start playing and someone is looking to hand off their guest pass, I'm here! :D

Sorry we had to cut Friday night short. The power went out and didn't come back on until about midnight. At least we finished that quest we were on - although the backup cut off right as I was going to loot that chest!!! :) See you this Friday.

No worries.... I got with a PUG and did some of the other quests I was missing. I am Level 2 now a ready to go. Cya Game Day :)

I dont know much about the game so far but...

...I've created a Guild named "Sojourners". I also started up another character as an ALT as I've noticed that when the party enters these "higher level" dungeons one almost has to have a well rounded party. My main toon Grimlore Shadowtongue has made it to level 2, rank 1 and can now enter the Marketplace and has even done chapters 1 and 2 of the Catacombs. My new character is a thief named Grimus Shadowtongue incase we need a thief on a session.

Thanks and see you in game.

Last edited:
Back