Dumb question, but anyone here play jedi outcast

Pelagrin

I've had Jedi Outcast since it came out, but haven't played it online much until recently.

Anyone wanna own me in some saber battles sometime?

Let me know!  
smile.gif

Send me a message, email me at Tolkien @ airforcefun.com, or send an IM to Benja1976 if you've got AIM.

I played it on the PC and it was craptastic! The loading sucked. Anytime I died I would have to restart the system to play it again. The movement was choppy and all that.
But, on the GameCube, blessing abound! I got past that Imperial outpost and got into some fort with a bunch of poison all around the outside and this weird transport system with floating boxes moving on a rail on the inside. The troopers were wearing like gas masks in that level. Then I had to turn it back in.
But it was sweet...I will never play it on PC again because it sucked so bad.

Well, it runs awesome on my PC, so now....

...can someone who plays (and wants to play) the game post a response?
laugh.gif

Sure! I'll definitely play ya. The game's great. I'm OK, but after playing on servers with GREAT players, makes you feel pretty lame. So perhaps it will be kinda even.

I'm actually a member of Redeemed. A Christian Jedi Knight clan. They have public servers with a password. All the information is on their website. When I get home, I'll post another message with their information.

A BIG unfortunately...I JUST TODAY lent the game to a co-worker.
mad.gif
But who knows, perhaps he won't like it and will bring it back in tomorrow.

Do you have any of the downloadable maps? You should check out the Moria map download. Pretty SWEET!!!! And LotR music added. There are so many cool maps out there. Redeemed actually has two servers. One for the built-in maps and one for customized maps. The only problem with the servers is they hardly ever (I've never seen it) have CTF games.

Ultima, that's too bad about your PC experience. What processor speed do you have? I've got a P4 1.8 and it worked GREAT. My GeForce 2 MX was more the bottleneck, but 800x600 is fairly decent.

Eeeh...beenthere/done that. I borrowed the game from a friend once and finished it, but I wasn't really all that impressed with it. I still prefer my good old Q3A, or Elite Force.

Hey SSquared, I'd appreciate a link to Redeemed. It sounds cool! ;)

So far, the only custom map I've downloaded is the Matrix training room. Nice small level for sword battles.

I've also downloaded a saber mod, some LOTR skins, a and a couple Halo skins.

I'll look for the Moria map when I get home from work tonight.

BTW, your question isn't dumb.

The main Redeemed site is here: http://www.christiangaming.org/redeemed/

The server info can be found on this page: http://www.christiangaming.org/redeemed/info.php

If I remember correctly, the cusom map server is the same IP, but without the 7777. One of the forum threads has a list of all the maps you need to download for the custom server.

One of these days, I'm hoping to update my router to the latest software. I think it will make it easier for me to open ports so I can host games. Right now, I need to open ports using telnet and some command-line thing. It's cumbersome and I don't really understand it, so I have never done it. I'm hoping the update will allow me to set these through a web browser.

I'd like to maybe host some CCGR gaming nights (Half-Life, Jedi Outcast, etc.). But it needs to be a game I have.

Tolkien, I've got my game back if you want to play sometime. Did you ever check out the Redeemed servers? I went on one server and there was no one. Usually they will at least have bots on there.
sad.gif
The other server had a one-on-one saber battle, which I thought was cool.

Anyway, let me know. We can probably hook up on a Redeemed server if you want.

Also, I have updated my router firmware so I can also try hosting a game as well.

I'll be getting DSL hooked up soon and would enjoy trying some online play...as long as you'll take it easy on a newbie
biggrin.gif

I may not need to take it all that easy. I am really not much of a multi-player person. The first time I ever played online was Jedi Outcast, when it first came out last year. I've probably logged a total of around 10 hours TOTAL of online playing (Jedi Outcast, Freelancer, and Half-Life (with MaxX)).

I won't need to be taking it easy because i'm not very good at the game, but I'm definitely up for playing whenever. Feel free to IM me if you have AIM. (Benja1976)

Aaah. I am Yahoo! based. SSquared2000.

We can just set a time through PM and get on the Redeemed server. Or I can set one up locally. The biggest issue for me has been the time. I am in PST, and usually can't do anything until after 8 PM the earliest. Gotta get the kids to bed before I get on the computer.

Another possiblity is to do it during lunch.

Alien, let us know when you want to play.

I have yahoo too, but I rarely sign onto it since most of the people I know are on AIM.  If nothing else, I guess I could just start using Trillian again.  The yahoo name is also Benja1976.

8pm pacific time is a problem for me because that is when my wife and I are heading off to bed during the week.  (10pm our time)

Catch me on a weekend, and 8pm pacific is great though.

As for lunchtime -- if you take your lunch at 1pm pacific, then I can play on Thursdays & Fridays because I get off work at 12:30 pacific on those days. (2:30 my time ;))

Don't you just love timezones!  
laugh.gif

...I never did get the hang of swatch's internet time though, so I'll just live with timezone conversions.

Alright! Cool! My initial thought is to use the Redeemed server. If that's a problem, I can try hosting it.

We will probably have to try for some weekend time.

Gosh! Kidan, you are 3 hours different from me.

My time this weekend will be limited. My parent's are visiting (up for my daughter's 4th birthday). And my daugther has gymnastics class smack dab in the middle of the day on Saturday's (1:15-2:15).

I hope to be hooked up some time tomorrow.The first thing I'll probably due is download yahoo messenger again(my ID will be tallboydtc but I'm gonna try and get another addie as Alien2385).As for a good time to play: I go by EST.I could probably swing Mon.,Tues.,and Thursdays after 7:00(I have church on Wed. and youth meeting on Friday nights) but Saturdays would be best.

This will be the first time I've played online so I might be a little slow catching on but I'll muddle through it
smile.gif
So in the words of S.C.C "Bring It On"!

Alien2385

I actually do most of my gaming after 10PMcst. and play about 2 hours a nite.

Not sure what my weekend will be like this week, but weekends are cool.

Hoorah!!! With the exception of a few initial hurdles(hopefully overcome) I'm up and running.I'll be heading over to the Redeemed site later and try to figure that out.I should be set up tp play soon.Oh by the way my yahoo IM is now alien2385.

Catch ya'll later
smile.gif
Alien2385

I am a little confused.I went to Redeemed and found that you have to fill out a form and then went to CGC.Do I have to join CGC in order to play or do I try and join Redeemed?

Alien2385

Back