!!! ATTENTION !!!! Team SoE sign up!!!

Well then count me in!! Though anyone getting GW: EN there are going to be 50 skills that are only available through Roleplay.

nope. PvP is much much better then a PvE character. Yes a PvE character could become similar to a PvP with the right skills and anll, but a PvE charaacter is limited in Runes and such, where you have to buy them. In a PvP character you dont have to buy runes with money and such, and can switch with no problems. Also the same goes for weapons..

The real strength of the PvP only character is the flexibility. The PvP character IS equivalent to a PvE character who has completed both 15 att point quests. PvE characters only have the skills you have captured or purchased and equipment you have crafted. PvP characters can be changed to include any skills or items, even equivalent to unique green items, that you have unlocked on your account.

A complete Lvl20 with all attribute points can be fully effective in PvP as long as your character has the skills and equipment needed. I have used my PvE necro as a saccer for the minion factory build (over 2,500 deaths) and my PvE ranger in the ViM Trapper build, but I lacked superior vigor runes (never gotten one as a drop and too frugal to buy one) or the full radient armor set for the trapper.

Lately we play builds where my PvE character's secondary profession doesn't match the build, so rather than buying skills I just make a PvP only character, load the template and select the armor including any rune and insignias I want. If I have a skill template and equipment template, I can re-roll my character in a couple minutes.

As for the EotN PvE only skills, those won't be usable in PvP. This will be just like the current sunpear, lightbringer and kurzick/luxon skills. There will be 10 new skills per each of the 10 professions that will be added also, these should be allowed in PvP.

Last edited:
thanks Derk, thats what i ment to say, but didnt come out that way.

I see... That, to me, is a shame. It makes it feel like PvE and PvP are two completely seperate games, and I know that's how they wanted it to a certain extent, but because there's no world PvP (which I don't entirely mind), I don't get the chance to test my metal with the character I'm spending the most time on.

It would be cool if equipment for PvE characters was "unlockable" in the sense that PvP equipment is. For example, in placing a certain rune on a piece of armor, I've "unlocked" it for that specific piece. So if in a different instance, I prefer a different rune, I can easily switch between them rather than risking losing the armor completely by salvaging it. That way, the difference between PvE and PvP equipment is the method by which it was obtained (questing or faction).

I hope that makes sense. This is all spoken from a primarily PvE player.

-Chadley

Am I correct in assuming that if a PvE char is ascended and has completed all of the secondary prof quests, he/she can switch between those professions at will similar to a PvP char? If so, it would seem that a PvE character (with work) could become just as dynamic and useful as a PvP character.
I have to agree. I started with a PvE character (Maid Mirawyn) for PvP, but it was pretty limiting. Skills weren't a problem; it was when I needed to change up the runes or inscriptions. You can get separate sets of armor, but that is phenomenally expensive.

With a PvP character, you can switch all that around freely, and unlock the inscriptions and runes both with Balth faction and from your drops.

It seems to me, then, if all this is right, there should be SOME kind of advantage to working up a PvE char rather than bursting right in with a PvP-only. Perhaps it's the unique items? I'm not sure, but I'm trying to get my main PvE worthy of useful PvP and for all that extra effort, I feel like I deserve to be rewarded. Anyone's opinion who knows better than me would be much appreciated.

-Chadley

Well...

PvE characters can bring pets other than the default PvP pet! Yay for weird funky pets in PvP! :D

Lol...and yea it is true that PvE secondary professions can be switched fairly easily, but still not as easily as with PvP characters. You have to go to Senji's corner or the desert to do it (not sure if there are other ways). With a PvP only char, you click the profession bar and drag down to the correct secondary, that simple. :cool:

[Edit: Ok I guess its that simple with PvE too as long as you're selecting a secondary prof you've 'unlocked'. :) Thanks STC for the correction. ]

Paul

Last edited:
Paul, you can do that with a PvE character too, as long as you have already bought the secondary profession. I change my Monk around all the time without ever going into the desert or Senji's or the Command post

Yeah, I saw that they had added that. It seems like if you put some time into it, your only disadvantage would be more static equipment. Worth it.

Or not. I'm going to vent now, but it'll be in a different post.

-Chadley

Paul, you can do that with a PvE character too, as long as you have already bought the secondary profession. I change my Monk around all the time without ever going into the desert or Senji's or the Command post

Yep, I was pretty happy when I first saw that... no more running to the desert to switch professions :D

Back