Ask a Catholic about Catholisism

• Thread starter Rand NobleBlade
  • Start date
its not faith if you test God, saying Hey if this is real then i can move this mountian, which is what you are suggesting

[b said:
Quote[/b] (timor @ Oct. 13 2003,6:36)]Well Ultima, if they possessed enough faith, could not even a mountain be forced to "roll over"? (Serious question)
Actually yes. I was watching a preacher tell a story about this if you dont mind me reciting the whole thing as it wouldent make sense without all of the details. There was a kid who could not read. He wanted to know the Lord and his word though. So he said mother I am going out in those woods till God teaches me to read. So he went praying and believeing and he of course came back about eight days later and he knew how to read. Then one day he said I am going to start a ministry and build a church. His mother said how the only peice of property you own is the one your dad left you and no one can make it up the jagged hill. So he said I am going back out in the woods until God moves that for me. A few days later some men came and said do you own that property? The mother replied yes. The guy then said well we have been needing to go trhough that big mountainlike hill would you mind if we excavated it? she of course replied yes. So after God told him to come back from the woods he went back home. His mother told him that God had moved his mountain and some men were excavating it for free. As far as I know that is documented in I think it was Kentucky. I dident tell it exactly right but that is very close. So yes if you have faith God will move a mountain for you. And to answer the exact question if I may take the liberty the answer is yes.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LionOfJudah @ Oct. 13 2003,7:27)]its not faith if you test God, saying Hey if this is real then i can move this mountian, which is what you are suggesting
Actually as far as I know the only area you are allowed to test God is with the tithe and offering. As if you follow those prosperity follows.

Thank you, pop.

And no, Lion, I'm not suggesting you test God. What test is there if you possess that faith, and you for whatever reason see moving a mountain as a requirement? Jesus said, quite simply, that if you possessed as much faith as somethingorother (very small, i believe), you could tell a mountain to move, and it would. He doesn't then say "Oh, but don't try that."

The whole thing with God not being able to be "tested" gives God absolutely *no* accountability. If you truly possess that faith, but still cannot move a mountain because God deems your wish to be a "test" of him, where is the accountability? Where is the fullfillment of the promise? It's like praying - if something happens that seems to answer your prayer, HALLELUJIA! God said yes! All those other times, when absolutely nothing happens, it's because God said no (beause he loves you).

And Lion, before you begin to think it, I am *not* getting angry at Christianity or anything, simply stating what appears to me to be the truth.

Faith...for what? is my question. Faith that the rocks will be your pupils for a short while before embarking on a world-wide Gospel Cleansing Smorgasbord? Is that what faith is for?

If you wanna know what I think, I'll tell you (even if you don't wanna know): I GOT NO FREAKING CLUE WHAT FAITH IS USED FOR, ASIDE FROM KEEPING ME SANE AND ACCEPTING CHRIST.

Faith is the currency of heaven first of all. To trust in God you must have faith. To believe in God you must have faith. And as I am sure you know Ultima I believe that just about whatever you believe comes true.
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mrpopdrinker @ Oct. 15 2003,1:56)]Faith is the currency of heaven first of all. To trust in God you must have faith. To believe in God you must have faith. And as I am sure you know Ultima I believe that just about whatever you believe comes true.  
tounge.gif
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

It does not matter whether you TRUST IN GOD!

It is not about you!

It only matters that you OBEY.

For Instance, look at the woman who will soon be Saint Theresa of Calcutta. She had a few good years when she was young, with Christ speaking directly to her -- telling her about her life's mission and what she was to do. But as soon as she commensed doing it, the Voice of Christ receded. Gone! Years went by and doubts came and eventually she could write in her diary that she lost her 'faith' -- but she never lost her obedience! Christ said that they would be saved who served the least of his sheep. Well, till her dying day she would still personally spongbath the lepers and bring them their dinner. Its not about your self-indulgent egotistical Faith which you only entertain because you think it will get you something -- its about Obedience which we do simply out of duty. And, no, we Catholics do not expect an award. Why? Well, because everyone will be ranked in Heaven. Ranked according to their humility suffering and service. Therefore, we all realize that countless saints who have come before us must surely have taken all the prime honors. So we labor merely to be ordinary. God says "Obey!" We obey.

Leo in Mark 11:22 did yeshua not say have faith in god? Romans 1:17 says the righteous shall live by faith. Romans 5:1 says we have been justified by faith. 2 Corinthains 5:7 declares that we live by faith not be sight. Now I think that is enough to prove faith is required. Now I of course do not discount works as faith without works is dead faith and that which is dead cannot save you. You need them both. When I say faith is the currency of Heaven I dont meen the dollar but I meen literally if you want somthing from God you take your faith to him and make a exchange.

Works without faith is dead. and likewise faith without works is dead. The two go hand in hand. While obedience is important, and faith moreso, the only requirement to Heaven is to accept Him as your Lord and Saviour.

Back