New profile posts

*checks Steam, sees Secret of Mana remake coming Feb 2018* GET HYPE!!! *looks closer, see $40 price tag* Yeeeeeeeeeah, nevermind.
Tek7
Tek7
The complexity and quality of the graphics made more sense when I read it was also being ported to mobile platforms. I think the 3D looks fine and I don't think it would bother me, but I agree that SoM was one of the most beautiful 16-bit games.
Tek7
Tek7
I still remember climbing a mountain in the game and the entire environment changing to look like the sun was setting, long before 3D and colored lighting were added to games.
The Mighty Gerbil
The Mighty Gerbil
I could see a sprite remake with a bigger color palette or 3D if it was actually top of the line and not average. I'd much rather save the money on a marginal remake and buy something like this https://www.nintendo.com/super-nes-classic if I was going to play it again (but I still have it so I don't have to er if the battery hasn't melted :P).
Hey Dude. Life been good to you?
Tek7
Tek7
Not sure if clicking Like on your post would convey that I like your update in general or the hip replacement specifically. Will click Like anyway.

But on a lighter note, glad to hear you have some time to get back to gaming. What are you playing these days? Or are you looking for some suggestions?
Tek7
Tek7
I'm somewhat out of the loop thanks to my severely limited game time, but I've played Team Fortress 2, Heroes of the Storm, and Overwatch recently.
Tek7
Tek7
TF2 is now free-to-play and HotS is and will likely always be F2P, though it wouldn't be hard to throw a lot of money at either game (that is, if you're not a super-frugal gamer like me). I got Overwatch as a gift from my wife for Christmas; it was on sale for about $40 at the time.
New forum style is live! Want to switch back? Look in the lower-left corner of any forum page for the Style Chooser and click on it. Easy!
Just ordered a Steam controller + carrying case for $35 shipped on Amazon (with Prime). Est. delivery 11/28. Hype!
OVERWATCH IS SO MUCH FUN. I know $5 off + some trivial digital goodies isn't a good sale, but this may be my Christmas present from @Ember
Is IRC still used by anyone here for CGA/TOJ?
Tek7
Tek7
Nope. I abandoned the channel when interest fizzled. Discord is the new text-based synchronous communication method of choice!
The Mighty Gerbil
The Mighty Gerbil
I think I used IRC like once, and even then reluctantly, in all the time we had one. I'm not much for instant chats. Too much of a chance I'd say something which would be misconstrued or spell "soiree" wrong XD.
Back