Your opinion

mist_01

so, I have a friend who has decided to wear all black, dye his hair black, and listens to death metal. He does all of this against his parent's wishes. I have not hid my dislike of his choses. I have been wondering if i have been fair tho. am i objecting simply because it is different or is their real danger to the path he is taking? He also meets people on vampire websites. I was wonder what your opinions are on the issue. Is this a form of satan worshiping? is it just a fashion? What do you guys think? Also how should i handle the situation?

so, I have a friend who has decided to wear all black, dye his hair black, and listens to death metal. He does all of this against his parent's wishes. I have not hid my dislike of his choses. I have been wondering if i have been fair tho. am i objecting simply because it is different or is their real danger to the path he is taking? He also meets people on vampire websites. I was wonder what your opinions are on the issue. Is this a form of satan worshiping? is it just a fashion? What do you guys think? Also how should i handle the situation?
his style of dress is nothing necessarily to be concerned about but death metal(i am assuming not Christian metal) and the vampire websites means he is in the occult. ALL forms of the occult are satanic. I spent 10 years years of my life deeply involved in the occult and i got to see some of the darkest things about it(and there were areas of it I would not even delve into). You have made your wishes known and talked about the objections. Look in your bible about divination, necromancy, sorcery and read what it says there. There is REAL PHYSICAL danger to the occult. My wife could tell you about a pure, demonic physical manifestation she had during her time in the occult.

The best thing you can do is a serious prayer intervention. The more people you can get to seriously pray for your friend the better.

For you..stick with him ONLY UP TO THE POINT that the holy sprit tells you not to. Listen to the still small voice that is your conciense..if it doesn't feel right..don't go that way lest you get pulled into the demonic, satanic world of the occult.

I think he's trying to be Mr. Emo Kid.

See my above post CS. This person is getting into or is into something that is very real, very dangerous, and very deadly both physically and spiritually. Things like this are not be tbe flippantly dismissed but to be seriously taken and prayerfully and if possible physically intervened with.

Last edited:
I don't think death metal necessariliy means that he's getting into the occult. It's a style of music. It's like saying that people who listen to country music delve into cowboy hats and alcohol and pickup trucks. (yes yes I know that's stereotyping but you get my point)

I do agree with the vampire websites though... that's just blatantly satanic o_O

actually the choice of music often can be used as a window into their spiritual state. Notice i put the Christian annotation in the metal area. Since it appears(I'm only guessing about that) it's secular metal I'm standing by my evaluation and analysis based on my own occult experiences and knowledge and my own reading of what hte Bible says as well.

actually the choice of music often can be used as a window into their spiritual state. Notice i put the Christian annotation in the metal area. Since it appears(I'm only guessing about that) it's secular metal I'm standing by my evaluation and analysis based on my own occult experiences and knowledge and my own reading of what hte Bible says as well.

I suppose but I still think it's a variable.

Anyway, I don't want to turn this into a debate thread so I'll just pray for mist's friend.

his style of dress is nothing necessarily to be concerned about but death metal(i am assuming not Christian metal) and the vampire websites means he is in the occult. ALL forms of the occult are satanic. I spent 10 years years of my life deeply involved in the occult and i got to see some of the darkest things about it(and there were areas of it I would not even delve into). You have made your wishes known and talked about the objections. Look in your bible about divination, necromancy, sorcery and read what it says there. There is REAL PHYSICAL danger to the occult. My wife could tell you about a pure, demonic physical manifestation she had during her time in the occult.

The best thing you can do is a serious prayer intervention. The more people you can get to seriously pray for your friend the better.

For you..stick with him ONLY UP TO THE POINT that the holy sprit tells you not to. Listen to the still small voice that is your conciense..if it doesn't feel right..don't go that way lest you get pulled into the demonic, satanic world of the occult.

I agree completely with you; yet "Death Metal" is a LARGE stereotype for... basically any type of metal. Yet, non-the-less... we should pray. Sadly, one of Satan's strongest weapons on this planet is music, itself.
I will pray for ya and your friend mist.
I've seen, from multiple experiences how hard it is to reach out to the friends who run to that kind of stuff.

It is easily said, it is Satanic (vampire websites, and real "death metal" ). The best thing we can do is cover him with prayer.

Totally true glitch, if its real "death metal" not thrash metal then its bad.

definitely praying for him

Death metal can, indeed, be occultic or overtly Satanic. The vampire stuff? It depends on the type of interest. For instance, I enjoy some of Anne Rice's novels (some) and Buffy is fun. BUT I don't have a vampire obsession. There's a difference between enjoying the genre and glorifying evil.

And as for the occult, it is indeed dangerous. I dabbled for two years in high school, but my sis has been sucked in. It's by no means harmless.

As for the hair and makeup? It's adornment. It doesn't make a difference to the state of his soul.

I know lots of Christian goths; we have several at TechnoChicks. If you're curious, you might take a look at one of the Christian goth websites out there. Several of the goths I know like Christian Goth, but I'm not that familiar with it. And the editor of The Belltower is a member at TC, Nenona.

Regardless, I'll be praying for y'all.

*cry* I just looked at my friends page on one of the vampire sites. There are fantasy stories he wrote there and most of them involve him murdering or raping people. Please pray for him.

Last edited:

I didn't know that there was such a huge chunk of society into this kind of thing and that there were vampire sites...

I'm scared, mommy, please hold me.

But really I'm afraid of Satanism... it's freaky business...

Black isn't a bad color to wear, and in fact looks very nice and dressy sometimes, but it's the way you wear it and the purpose of wearing it... i wear black occassionally because it's good for formal events, although i don't own many T-shirts (my every day wear, literally) that are black (maybe 2 of 12 or so shirts)...
As for the music, I don't like anything that isn't peaceful and there are in fact genres of Christian music I don't like simply because of the way it's presented... I don't think Christianity is best rocked out to with the speakers blowing out your eardrums every day, but I'm not opposed to it... after all, the Bible says do everything for the glory of God, and if you do heavy metal, do it Godly style. However this death metal is totally unacceptable to me...

Back