You should NOT be playing video games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonmasterign

If you are a Christian, you should not be playing video games, and you should be using that time to pray and meditate on God's holy word. Just read the reviews of the games on this site, all of the games are tools of the devil, made to distract you from your musings on the testimonies of the Lord. So sell your sinful game consoles, pray for forgiveness, and then go join a Bible Study group or buy yourself a good Bible.

My signature is from the movie Equilibrium. Demon Hunter is a Christian band. I am a Christian, regardless of your perception.

Remove the plank from your own eye, brother. These games that you have so condemned have been the driving force that has brought this fellowship together, a community of people who have come together from otherwise impossible distances. Whether such tools are used for evil or good, they are just that: tools. We have used this tool for the glory of Christ, and you have no place to condemn us for that.

From Men Of God Website FAQ

You are Christians and you play War Games? Why?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]To us it’s just a pc game and nothing more than that. There are some that would like to make more of it but to us it’s just a game. No more no less. We have fun playing but most of all we love the fellowship we have with each other , and sharing our FAITH and LOVE of JESUS CHRIST. Most of us play many different genres of games and this happens to be one of them. Think of it, where else can you play war games and not get hurt. Where else can you drive tanks, and planes and formula 1 cars and such? We will also be going into sporting games, flight simulators, and futuristic type games such as Star Wars. I hope this answers your question.... May God Bless you Richly General LORD*s Soldier of Men Of God International

That is why we play, and about the bible studies. Well at Men Of God we have 4 a week on Teamspeak. I have grown in my faith so much since going Men Of God and I know that God has brought me there for that reason. If I didn’t play video games then I would not have joined MoG and I wouldn’t be able to fellowship with the great Christians that do. And spread the word of Jesus Christ.

Ill put it like this. In order to reach out to the lost, throwing scripture and scare tactics at them will not make them listen to what you say, they have to trust you before they listen. In my time in online gaming, I have earned some respect among people that they DO listen when I talk about my faith. Altho they may not agree with it at the time, they still will listen, and one day they may remember what I said. A few people, who claiming to be atheists, have started to read the Bible and show a growing interest in God after having talked with them a few times, and these are people I have met thru playing games. Aside from that, you read secular books? watch secular movies? In every generation, the new form of entertainment media has been condemned by Christian groups, yet in the next accepted, and later used to draw examples from, so your point is in no way valid.

Aight, I was just checking you guys out, after reading some of the game reviews (which are terrible btw) I thought you were all fundamentalist Bible-bashers, which some of you clearly aren't. Good for you.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Aight, I was just checking you guys out, after reading some of the game reviews (which are terrible btw)
... -_- .

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Aight, I was just checking you guys out, after reading some of the game reviews (which are terrible btw) I thought you were all fundamentalist Bible-bashers, which some of you clearly aren't. Good for you.

That's good. I thought we were going to have another post explosion, and have to kick another nay-sayer. Welcome to CGA ;-).

Wow..my First post I've read and it is against what I came here to see.
Amazing..
Ah well. At least you guys give equal voice to everyone..hehe.

Well, you'll see a lot you do agree with, and a little you don't, just so you'll know :p. EON WILL BE SURE OF THIS!!@!! ;)

But, ah, welcome to CGA forums, have a nice stay.

And...Master........Couldn't you have gone about this in a different way? You got all our panties in a twizzler. Or something like that.

And..If..We were fundamentalists...Wouldn't we...be....nevermind......................................

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I thought you were all fundamentalist Bible-bashers, which some of you clearly aren't. Good for you.

... Would u care to open your eyes and look at the very top left corner of the website?

CHRISTIAN GAMER'S ALLIANCE!

YES christian! we're no bible bashers. In fact we're something far from that.

My fav quote to use, We're Christians who happen to be gamers, NOT Gamers who happen to be christian. We NEVER put computer games before God.

And about the review.. you say they are terrible, but it was rated from a christian view. They worked hard for it, and I'm surprised at you, (as a christian point of view) to go around insulting people and their work. I hope to see anythign insulting/negative comments gone from the forums.

Godbless,
Albert -FlashoN

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dragonmasterign @ Mar. 11 2004,8:24)]Aight, I was just checking you guys out, after reading some of the game reviews (which are terrible btw) I thought you were all fundamentalist Bible-bashers, which some of you clearly aren't. Good for you.
YOU thought WE were fundamentalist bible bashers? You come on here yelling at us for playing games (good lord, how unholy), insinuating that slam was not a christian because of a signature, and then you have the gall to let us off the hook for not being fundamentalist?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SLAM @ Mar. 11 2004,7:43)]My signature is from the movie Equilibrium.
That movie is awesome

dragonmasterign

they are just computer games played for fun, Christians like to have fun too. Just because we are Christians does not mean we cant be gamers. If you honestly believe that videogames are the work of the devil and all Christians should stop playing them...you need help

-Tim, Untouch

My friends and I regularly have a LAN just after our Friday night fellowship...and then stop Saturday night...to move out the tables and cables to make way for the Sunday morning church service ! ... and boy .... do I love these men of God !!!!

Some guys ( and even a few gals at times) from my church and I, used to get together either on wednesdays or fridays, and bring all our consoles up to the out-dated youth room at the church, sometimes our pc's if we felt like having a lan, and we could play halo, guitaro man, fifa, and beach spikers for hours... now some of us have gone off to college, got full-time jobs, etc, I miss them days........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back