Yet another 7 days in Azeroth

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
Well, I got another free World of WarCraft 7-day pass. I'm not sure why I keep getting them and my wife doesn't, but oh well.

I doubt I'll be playing much WoW in the next 7 days and I know I won't be resubbing (gaming ADD + unemployment + Steam sales backlog = perfect WoW addiction resistance), but I'll try to stop by and say hello to my guildmates in The Forgiven and Redeemed.

I guess I should check on my cat, too.

HUZZAH! I have a pet monkey now! Thanks to Pelaeon and Cynica for their help in acquiring my new pet.

Correct, but people can friend you and you can chat with them in that way.
No guild chat, no auction house, no trade, no point. Besides, I already have a full account. I can always re-sub for 30 days if I want to play that badly.

In other news, I've decided to take my Pokemon approach to WoW a step further by collecting companion pets. I'm up to 15 so far and I'd like to pick up several more before my 7-day pass expires.

Trouble is, I can't get to the vendors (Breanni in Dalaran City and Dealer Rashaad in Netherstorm) to make the purchases.

Would any guild members be willing to purchase the companion pets in those shops and send them to me COD? If so, please let me know and I'll coordinate with you in-game or on the forums.

I figure if I can get the achievement for collecting 25 companion pets before Thursday (when my pass expires), I'd be satisfied. Collecting 50 companion pets (to earn the skunk companion pet) would be awesome, but that's just not feasible.

Got 'em all but the Feral Dragonhawk Hatchling and the Monstrous Parrot. Anyone up for a quick Deadmines run? :)

Last edited:
Trouble is, I can't get to the vendors (Breanni in Dalaran City and Dealer Rashaad in Netherstorm) to make the purchases.

Would any guild members be willing to purchase the companion pets in those shops and send them to me COD? If so, please let me know and I'll coordinate with you in-game or on the forums.
Thanks to Brootis, I now have all the companion pets sold by Dealer Rashaad. Huzzah!

Now if I can just find a proxy buyer to take a trip to Dalaran, I should be able to get the Plethora of Pets achievement. :D

Got 'em all but the Feral Dragonhawk Hatchling and the Monstrous Parrot.
Thanks to Cynica's help, I now have a pet Dragonhawk. w00t!

Now all that's left is the Monstrous Parrot and that should be fairly easy to snag.

EDIT: You can check out my collection of companion pets here and my collection of tameable pets here. I'll try to remember to type up a list of the named mobs I've tamed so far before Thursday rolls around.

Last edited:
Okay, I've finished my safari (after taming Monstrous Parrot and Ol' Beaky) and I've collected 27 companion pets so far.

The only companion pet that would be reasonably simple to obtain is Ancona Chicken. Problem is, I don't have a fast way to get to southern Thousand Needles, which is where the vendor is.

I don't suppose I could hitch a ride with someone or find a proxy buyer? :D

Thanks to Cynica's help, I now have a pet Dragonhawk. w00t!

Glad you made it out there :p

I felt bad, but I had to log, so I made sure to summon someone out there that could summon you before I left. If I'm online, let me know about going to 1k needles or Dalaran. I can port to to Dalaran, and can also port to Theramore and drive you down to 1k Needles.

Glad you made it out there :p

I felt bad, but I had to log, so I made sure to summon someone out there that could summon you before I left. If I'm online, let me know about going to 1k needles or Dalaran. I can port to to Dalaran, and can also port to Theramore and drive you down to 1k Needles.
Grim helped me purchase the companion pets from the vendor in Dalaran City and also helped me buy an Ancona Chicken.

EDIT: And no reason at all to feel bad. The Plants vs. Zombies quest chain was much harder than I'd anticipated (but I got my singing sunflower in the end!) and I was called away to baby duty between quests in the chain.

I've tamed all the pets I wanted to tame and obtained all companion pets that can reasonably be obtained at my level without spending money (or camping out for Lil Timmy or dropping 200g on a Train Wrecker robot).

If there are guild members with low-level alts, I'd like to spend the last night of my 7-day pass running a dungeon (Stockades is still in the game, right?), but I know the chances of assembling 4 other characters in the 20-25 range on short notice is all but impossible.

It feels like all I did this week was bum favors off guildies, but I did have a great time and wanted to thank everyone who made my Pokemon style of play possible.

Last edited:
You can use the dungeon finder. It automatically assembles a group from different servers to run a dungeon together. Makes finding groups pretty easy.

And just for fun, here's a list of the unique mobs I've tamed so far:
I only had Mangeclaw before I logged in last Thursday.

Thanks again to everyone who helped me this week. Special thanks to: Cynica, Brootis (a.k.a. Narriott), Grimbeorn (a.k.a. Bullroarer, a.k.a. D4rthSp0ck), Flamethrower, and Tianar. I wouldn't have been able to earn the Plethora of Pets achievement or complete my safari without them. :)

You can use the dungeon finder. It automatically assembles a group from different servers to run a dungeon together. Makes finding groups pretty easy.
But then I'd be playing with random people instead of guildies. Judging by my past experience with random players, I don't think that's how I want to spend my last night in WoW. :)

Final companion pet count: 42.

BIG thanks to Flamethrower for helping me tame Echeyakee and greatly expanding my companion pet collection.

Well, my daughter decided to take a nap, so I thought I'd see if I could solo Deadmines up to the point where the Green Wing Macaw can drop.

Nope. Pulled aggro on mobs during my second fight and got smacked down. Ouch. Those level 15 Elites hit harder than I expected.

If anyone wants to get on before noon Central today and help me take a wrecking ball to Deadmines, please let me know. Otherwise, I'll be in position to tackle the instance next time Blizzard sends me a 7-day pass (or if I re-sub for one month for Children's Week next May).

Last edited:
did you get the singing flower pet yet? that is such a fun quest!
I did. :)

Now I want to go load up Plants vs. Zombies and pick up where I left off.

My 7-day pass expired earlier today, but I was able to tame Humar and Echeyakee (in the same day, actually) and build up my companion pet collection to a total of 45 before logging off. Yes, that's right, I have twice as many companion pets as my character has levels. That's just how I roll.

I wanted to thank everyone who helped me this last week yet again. Without guild members' help, I would have been unable to accomplish nearly all of the goals I set when I started my 7-day return.

I don't want my posting about my companion pet collection to sound like, "Look at me and the awesome things I did!" Instead, I see my collection of pets as a testament to the willingness of Redeemed members to help other guildies; I see it and think, "My guild is awesome!"

I understand that there's precious little (if anything) a level 22 Hunter can do to help a guild full of high-level characters, but I'll be watching for opportunities to do exactly that the next time I play. And I will, of course, continue to support Redeemed leadership in my role as Tribe of Judah President.

Back