YAAAAAAAAHHOOOOOOOO!

the_great_eskimo_pie

Former Official Thread Killer
Alright, so my computer isn't the newest on the market, in fact, its been on the market for a long time.

Well... I can't part with it, so I have slowly been upgrading it. (Mind you, all these changes have happened over a 3 year period)

First my monitor fried (I mean smoke and everything, though it was 12 years old and been through 6 moves...) So I got a 22 inch flat panel. :D (On sale of course)

Then my optical mouse went kaputs. :( However, that same week I picked up a lazer gaming mouse for like $10 (Love Newegg sales. :D )

Not long after, I realized I needed something a bit better on the graphics end as my on board system wasn't cutting it. So I upgraded to a 256 meg card. Things were going great!

But then... I saw a 512 card, yeah, I bought it. Super huge and everything. Its at the max my power supply can handle, so hopefully graphics don't change too much in the future. (This was a want buy and the good news is I had saved up enough in my petty cash fund to buy it.)

However, when I installed the new 512 card... It zonked my on board sound card.

So... Thanks to HCS for the suggestion. I picked up a new sound card! :cool:

I got it today, installed it and after playing with some setting, got my headset to be loud enough that my mic can be heard in game!

So YAHOO! My 7-8 year old computer is now almost top of the line again! :D

Plus, you all will be able to hear my luxurious booming voice once again! :p

I'm kidding, but you will see me on CS a bit more so I can make sure and PWN you. :D

Thanks for reading, I know its a lot, but It is awesome I have been blessed with a good machine. :)

The next person who needs an upgrade is Daddy Pie... His is still a single core processor. :p Though he says he is waiting until after Windows 7 comes out before he even starts looking. Or until his current one goes kaput.

Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without!

Excellent motto.

God bless y'all!

Back