Writing Assignment: Due 9/8/06

Vote for your favorite entry! Voting is open to everyone.

• Entry #1

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Entry #2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Entry #3

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Entry #4

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Entry #5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nope, voting is open to everyone. But everyone who enters has to critique.

You've made a good attempt and we'll definitely give you credit for a critique - but still you're only saying something very general and nothing specific about any story, which isn't really a critique. Remember that specific comments are the most meaningful and helpful. I appreciate the attempt though and your spirit of encouragement is definitely welcome and appreciated.

Paul

[bonk bonk bonk] head against desk moment hehehe I get your point. To me it is so much easier to write than it is to critique.I will not give it up tho and will try again. So any clues on the next subject?

Hehe, I love number 4.

I agree with everything MM said about it.
I like how it really challenges the reader's assumptions about the character. Most, if not all, of us simply assume the subject is a normal human.

It wasn't till I read the "four shaky legs" part that I realized something was amiss. Even then I still thought it was a human, just a lilliputian one...

Very nicely done.

Hehe, I love number 4.

I agree with everything MM said about it.
What a nice guy. :)

Remember, no one who enters is supposed to SAY they entered, really. And people who did not enter can still critique and vote. In fact, if I understand correctly, non-writers are encouraged to critique and vote!

And the winner is...

Congratulations to notashamed, author of entry #4 - our first writing contest winner!

This excellent story will now join the winner's circle and will be permanently posted on our online blog. See the stickied thread for more details on the weblog. Again, contratulations to the winner!

Other excellent entries for this week were submitted by Shyfroggy, Amicus Dei of [FoG], Thrawn and cc.slim in that order. Thanks for your efforts - the contest was VERY close and all entries were excellent.

Paul

Back